What skill is the most useful in a fight

Jid

If all the variables like mental toughness, focus, cardio were top notch and we're just talking skill, then in a FIGHT, not a ufc match, I think the most importand skill would be the stand up.

Only because in a fight there is potential for more then one attacker, and bjj or wrestling isn't effective on more then one opponent(IMO).

Also when trying to g&p if you get carried away with no gloves on concrete, you could break your hand. Even if you punch someone the wrong way you could break your hand.

However it all depends on your oponent or the scenario etc,

if you're fighing a guaranteed one on one fight, then bjj may be an advantage against almost any style

Or if they are a champion boxer, excellent wrestling would come in handy.

But a safe strategy for most fights is to back up against a wall and punch whoever comes close, if this is good enough for chuck liddell and bas rutten, it's good enough for me.

Just remember relying on one style alone leaves many weaknesses in your fight style, so don't forget all aspects of mma kids!

If all the variables like mental toughness' date=' focus, cardio were top notch and we're just talking skill, then in a FIGHT, not a ufc match, I think the most importand skill would be the stand up.

Only because in a fight there is potential for more then one attacker, and bjj or wrestling isn't effective on more then one opponent(IMO).

Also when trying to g&p if you get carried away with no gloves on concrete, you could break your hand. Even if you punch someone the wrong way you could break your hand.

However it all depends on your oponent or the scenario etc,

if you're fighing a guaranteed one on one fight, then bjj may be an advantage against almost any style

Or if they are a champion boxer, excellent wrestling would come in handy.

But a safe strategy for most fights is to back up against a wall and punch whoever comes close, if this is good enough for chuck liddell and bas rutten, it's good enough for me.

Just remember relying on one style alone leaves many weaknesses in your fight style, so don't forget all aspects of mma kids![/quote']

You make a good point.

I never thought of it in terms of a 'fight'.. I only viewed it as being part of MMA, which is why I voted wrestling.

IMO, it's the best base you could possibly begin with.

If you're a great wrestling, you can control where the fight takes place. To me, that's the biggest advantage that you could possibly have over your opponent.

I say wrestling, because if yuore good enough to get someone to the ground you can use it to neutrialize the BJJ. Examples: GSP v Penn 1 & 2, Ben Henderson v Donald Cerrone. Not to mention that it is the best base to have for learning BJJ, to excel your ground game.

Wrestling, either used to take your opponent down like GSP. Or used by a striker to stuff a take down and keep it standing like vintage Chuck Liddell or BJ Penn.

Wrestling skills allow the fighter to dictate where the fight takes place.

That said, one dimensional fighters don;t do so well anymore in today's UFC.

i would say BJJ just because of Royce Gracie at the early UFC events.

although with all the top fighters having good wrestling & BJJ now id say stand up is now just as important...unless you fight someone with freakish strength for there weight ie brock or GSP ..then id say wrestling.

In order:

1/ Cardio

2/ Timing

3/ Determination

You can't tell Stand up > Wrestling > BJJ.

For instance, if Kongo could KO Velasquez, we'd have said Stand Up > Wrestling.

But he didn't and in the fight we would clearly see that Wrestling was way more important than the stand up.

That's why I say that in my opinion, the most important is to be able to last the 3/5 rounds, without showing you're tired. Then, if you've a perfect timing, you can ko/take an opponent down whenever you want to.

real fight? quick stiff jab. if you have KO power in your lead hand and you can fire it like a lazer you are in good shape

next...everybuddy underestimate de kick to de groin. hahahhaha

seriously, front snap kick in the nuts. fire off your jab and follow it with a fast kick to the nuts. you win

the plum is also super practical, anyone comes near you you clinch and start throwing knees.

this is all in a street fight though against someone who is being an ******* but doesnt really know what they are doing.

Archived