Zaromskis talks Diaz title fight

MMAUnltd

In a matchup that could see Marius Zaromskis take the Strikeforce welterweight title on January 30th, he takes on Nick Diaz in a bout that is definitely going to turn some heads.

He could be the first Brit (based) fighter to take a title in a major North American promotion, albeit not quite as significant as Hardy fighting for the UFC strap ;).

Check it out:

http://www.mmaunltd.com/fighters/interview-details.asp/id/59/zaromskis-talks-diaz-title-fight.htm

?It will be a great experience. Strikeforce is a very good organisation. I have fulfilled one dream fighting in Japan, now I get to fulfil another,? Marius stated. ?For me it is about putting on an exciting fight for the fans. For this reason I think Diaz is a good opponent.?

?As a man I don?t know him so I can?t comment. As an opponent, he is aggressive and is dangerous in many areas but I respect him because he comes to fight and put on a show.?

Marius has a good shot at beating Diaz, at the same time Diaz has this fight in the bag. It all goes with who plays into whos game. If Diaz can bring Zaromskis into the deep end of the later rounds, will he still have that explosive power? We all know the Diaz bros are there until you bust there face wide open. Which in my opinion, Marius's LETHAL headkicks could do with relative ease if they land on a scar. Or Zaromskis could dominate it on the feet and force Diaz to try and bring it to the ground. But who knows, in my eyes this is a even, great matchup. Cant wait.

Marius has a good shot at beating Diaz' date=' at the same time Diaz has this fight in the bag. It all goes with who plays into whos game. If Diaz can bring Zaromskis into the deep end of the later rounds, will he still have that explosive power? We all know the Diaz bros are there until you bust there face wide open. Which in my opinion, Marius's LETHAL headkicks could do with relative ease if they land on a scar. Or Zaromskis could dominate it on the feet and force Diaz to try and bring it to the ground. But who knows, in my eyes this is a even, great matchup. Cant wait.[/quote']

I don't think the later rounds are going to be a problem for Zarmoskis. Remember, he won the ww tournament in Dream. He had to fight two opponents (or was it three?) that night and didn't look like he was suffering any fatigue.

It's really going to come down to where will the fight go? If it stays on the feet I see Diaz going to sleep from a leg kick. If it goes down to the ground I can see Zarmoskis getting choked out.

I don't think Diaz' striking gets enough recognition. He looks weak with the pawing but those short tight jabs hurt. He did KO Robbie Lawlor, and he beat Frank Shamrock to a pulp standing. I have never really seen him fight anyone that threw up kicks like Z, so his defense in that area is unknown, but he can definitely hold his own in the striking. And his Gracie Jiujitsu is as good as anyone. I think alot of people are gonna be surprised in this fight and those that hate Nick for his street kid attitude will be real upset when he wins!

I don't think Diaz' striking gets enough recognition. He looks weak with the pawing but those short tight jabs hurt. He did KO Robbie Lawlor' date=' and he beat Frank Shamrock to a pulp standing. I have never really seen him fight anyone that threw up kicks like Z, so his defense in that area is unknown, but he can definitely hold his own in the striking. And his Gracie Jiujitsu is as good as anyone. I think alot of people are gonna be surprised in this fight and those that hate Nick for his street kid attitude will be real upset when he wins![/quote']

I agree that his boxing is actually pretty decent. However, Zarmoskis has more in his arsenal in the standup. Now, if Diaz can nullify Zarmoskis' kicks by making him think twice with takedowns or getting in close where Zarmoskis doesn't have the room, then we may see a different fight where Diaz can utilize his boxing. However, I still think it's going to either be Zarmoskis scoring a KO or Diaz getting the Submission.

Regardless, this is going to be a very entertaining fight and I'm looking forward to it.

I AM SO STOKED FOR THIS FIGHT!!!!

Waited patiently since it was anounced that DREAM and SF were co-promoting.

Then waited to find out who Zaromskis was fighting.

Now I'm just waiting for the damn fight!

Zaromskis from what I've seen doesn't seem comfortable when put on his back. Diaz will most likely look to exploit the ground game, but if it stays standing and Diaz wants to brawl, he's gonna go to sleep. An example of this would be Zaromskis vs Sakurai.

Marius has some of the flashiest head kicks I've seen since Cro Cop and Shogun of the PRIDE days. Hope he lands one of them and gets the KO.

I don't think the later rounds are going to be a problem for Zarmoskis. Remember' date=' he won the ww tournament in Dream. He had to fight two opponents (or was it three?) that night and didn't look like he was suffering any fatigue.

[/quote']

Yeah, it was two. And a grand total of 6:25 spent in the ring!

In a matchup that could see Marius Zaromskis take the Strikeforce welterweight title on January 30th' date=' he takes on Nick Diaz in a bout that is definitely going to turn some heads.

He could be the first Brit (based) fighter to take a title in a major North American promotion, albeit not quite as significant as Hardy fighting for the UFC strap ;).

Check it out:

http://www.mmaunltd.com/fighters/interview-details.asp/id/59/zaromskis-talks-diaz-title-fight.htm[/quote']

http://mmajunkie.com/news/17635/strikeforces-nick-diaz-marius-zaromskis-fight-isnt-about-ducking-jay-hieron.mma

Don't know if that was posted before or not, but here's Nick talking about, Zaromskis, Hieron, and Bob Shamrock.

Then he makes a ridiculous claim about SF WW's being better than most of the UFC's WW's.

I don't know what that means :(

...look @ his last 7 opponents ... ?

Win Scott Smith Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) Strikeforce - Lawler vs. Shields 6/6/2009 3 1:41

Win Frank Shamrock TKO (Punches) Strikeforce - Shamrock vs. Diaz 4/11/2009 2 3:57

Win Thomas Denny TKO (Punches) EliteXC - Unfinished Business 7/26/2008 2 0:30

Win Muhsin Corbbrey TKO (Punches) EliteXC - The Return of the King 6/14/2008 3 3:59

Win Katsuya Inoue TKO (Corner Stoppage) Dream 3 - Lightweight Grand Prix 2008 Quarterfinals 5/11/2008 1 6:45

Loss Karl James Noons TKO (Doctor Stoppage) EliteXC - Renegade 11/10/2007 1 5:00

Win Mike Aina Decision (Split) EliteXC - Uprising 9/15/2007 3 5:00

Win Scott Smith Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) Strikeforce - Lawler vs. Shields 6/6/2009 3 1:41

Win Frank Shamrock TKO (Punches) Strikeforce - Shamrock vs. Diaz 4/11/2009 2 3:57

Win Muhsin Corbbrey TKO (Punches) EliteXC - The Return of the King 6/14/2008 3 3:59

Win Katsuya Inoue TKO (Corner Stoppage) Dream 3 - Lightweight Grand Prix 2008 Quarterfinals 5/11/2008 1 6:45

Loss Karl James Noons TKO (Doctor Stoppage) EliteXC - Renegade 11/10/2007 1 5:00

Ah, I'm with you bro. Having a dumb moment there....

To be fair you're right, he looked good against Smith and Shamrock but they're not elite calibre competition, as much as I like them.

I'm thinking will Diaz be able to handle a beast like Zaromskis.

I think the fight being 5 rounds and Diaz's ground game the safe bet is with him. But I don't particularly like him as a fighter and I f-in luuuuuuve Mariusz. (as masculinely as possible of course).

I think the fight being 5 rounds and Diaz's ground game the safe bet is with him. But I don't particularly like him as a fighter and I f-in luuuuuuve Mariusz. (as masculinely as possible of course).

No romo :P

I like both guys, both exciting but totally different personalities. Siked for this fight.

diaz has a propensity to defy conventional strategy, I believe the only way nick tangles w/ whitemare on the ground is after he takes a shinbone upside da noggin' ... if that should

happen, marius should step back & wave the ref . (ala mir/nog)

Lot of Mariusz fans pulling for him. Me too. I agree that if it goes to the ground it's likely to be Zaromskis trying to finish Diaz after knocking him down.

It's just one of the tools going for Diaz in this fight. The Mir/Nog or even Silva/Leites references are what I'd love to see happen.

I do believe that Mariusz will have the overall advantage on the feet.

What will his cardio be in the chamionship rounds?

Will his style still work or will he be worn down by Diaz's pitter patter power?

I don't think he'll KO Diaz easily.

Archived