Sign in to follow this  
Marshall498

No disrespect

But Al Turk seems to be the Elvis Sinosic of the HW div.

Like he was thrown in there with Kongo and Cro Cop... in his first two fights and now the UFC is feeding him to Rolles Gracie.

I`m sure Al Turk thinks of it as `well they are giving me the best, that must mean im pretty good right``

But is it fair to be the guy who never gets a break fight?

There are no breaks in the UFC. He's taking a guy on in his debut. Can't get much lower than that. Everybody who gets a shot to fight in the UFC is going to be dangerous. Maybe Al-Turk just isn't cut out for the UFC. For the time being anyways.

Fighting is fighting. There's no reason to baby people into the UFC. If he can't make it at the bottom' date=' then he doesn't deserve to be here.[/quote']

How is fighting Kongo, at the time thought to be on his way to title contention, and then Crocop, starting at the bottom.There were other HW's such as Stoijnic, Evenson, Hague and Struve who were much lower ranked. IMO Al-Turk faced two pretty tough opponents in his first two fights.

But Al Turk seems to be the Elvis Sinosic of the HW div.

Like he was thrown in there with Kongo and Cro Cop... in his first two fights and now the UFC is feeding him to Rolles Gracie.

I`m sure Al Turk thinks of it as `well they are giving me the best' date=' that must mean im pretty good right``

But is it fair to be the guy who never gets a break fight?[/quote']

he is in the UFC he don't need or deserve a break fight lol... He is getting opportunity and missing out.. to be honest he gets a break.. if he would of KO KONGO and CRO COP.. please he would be rank in the top 10 for sure... BREAK FIGHT?

Fighting is fighting. There's no reason to baby people into the UFC. If he can't make it at the bottom' date=' then he doesn't deserve to be here.[/quote']

if cro cop and kongo are at the bottom then the HW DIV is all MESSED UP!!!! ..lol

there are way more worse fighters then KONGO and CRO COP.. at the time

they both are coming off loses......

How is fighting Kongo' date=' at the time thought to be on his way to title contention, and then Crocop, starting at the bottom.There were other HW's such as Stoijnic, Evenson, Hague and Struve who were much lower ranked. IMO Al-Turk faced two pretty tough opponents in his first two fights.[/quote']

It's probably my fault, but I don't think you correctly read what I posted.

People shouldn't be babied into the UFC, so they gave him the Kongo fight, and he lost.

They moved him down to fight Cro-Cop, he lost.

So now he's fighting Rolles in his debut.

He's gone from fighting the middle of the pack down to a debut fight. Maybe he's just not cut out for the UFC.

It's probably my fault' date=' but I don't think you correctly read what I posted.

People shouldn't be babied into the UFC, so they gave him the Kongo fight, and he lost.

They moved him down to fight Cro-Cop, he lost.

So now he's fighting Rolles in his debut.

He's gone from fighting the middle of the pack down to a debut fight. Maybe he's just not cut out for the UFC.[/quote']

Yeah, I think I missed your point slightly, but I get where you're coming from now. I'm glad they're giving him another chance, because his first two fights featured a deliberate (IMO) kick in the pods, an an eyepoke that went unnoticed. I do feel, however, that Al-Turk probably isn't UFC material and with the recent influx of heavyweights, anything less that a win will see him cut.

Ok i get that he is fighting a debut fight but in his first two fights in the UFC (the only name org hes fought under) He is put in the ring with two of the scariest strikers in the division. I understand that there are no breaks in the UFC

But Mirko was fed Eddie Sanchez and Kongo was given Gilbert Aldana whoever that is, then given two more guys who i havent heard from since.

All im saying is that Al Turk IMO was brought in as the gimmie fights for Kongo and Cro Cop and now he is going to be fed to Rolles a guy whos ground game is off the charts as a HW and Turks ground game isnt even there.

Yeah' date=' I think I missed your point slightly, but I get where you're coming from now. I'm glad they're giving him another chance, because his first two fights featured a deliberate (IMO) kick in the pods, an an eyepoke that went unnoticed. I do feel, however, that Al-Turk probably isn't UFC material and with the recent influx of heavyweights, anything less that a win will see him cut.[/quote']

I agree however you gotta feel for the guy a bit. yes you can argue if he doesnt beat the better fighters there's no point in being there, but the UFC are renound for building fighters up with low competion. look at the TUF guys. most of their first few fights weren't against big named fighters.

although i am of the belief that al turk is not a great fighter, had he been given a couple of lower quality fighters to start with who knows?

however the likelyhood of him beating them both may have been reletively low.

I agree however you gotta feel for the guy a bit. yes you can argue if he doesnt beat the better fighters there's no point in being there' date=' but the UFC are renound for building fighters up with low competion. look at the TUF guys. most of their first few fights weren't against big named fighters.

although i am of the belief that al turk is not a great fighter, had he been given a couple of lower quality fighters to start with who knows?

however the likelyhood of him beating them both may have been reletively low.[/quote']

He's got a four fight deal, so regardless of what happens against Gracie, I hope his last contracted fight is in the UK against James McSweeny. McSweeny lost to Al-Turk via TKO, and he has always wanted to get a rematch, but Al-Turk left the Cage Rage promotion to sign with the UFC before the match could happen.

He came in from other orgs. with a pretty good record and a bit of a rep. As is customary he got fights with middle of the road fighters, and he lost. Had he won, against Kongo, or Cro-Cop, he would have moved up quickly to another upper level fight in line for a title oppurtunity. However he failed so he is slowly moving back down the ladder and after losing to Rolles Gracie he will be back in Cage Rage or some other second tier org. where he belongs. Hell I think he could beat the current SF champ, until Fedor gets that title, if they let him get it in his last contracted fight at SF.

Michael Bisping' date=' Rashad Evans and Forrest got plenty of break fights. If you didn't come from TUF, you get fed to the wolves.[/quote']

exactly. that's why i want them to give Kimbo someone good. see how TUF he really is.