Brock Bad for UFC Image?

rampagerick

Newbie here and just read about Lesnar's recent comments, if u can call them that, about the health care in Brandon....so I needed to vent...Sorry Brock fans but I am of the opinion that if UFC is going to continue moving in a positive manner, and attracting serious fight fans....guys with Brocks mentality should stick with WWE. I got hooked on MMA like a lot of people, a few years back, but after watching, no......actually listening to Brock after his Mir fight, it left a bad taste in my mouth. Most of these guys show the respect which they earn and deserve, in a good way. But dissing the sponsors too, what an ego......Brock taints that as far as I am concerned. I am sure Dana sees $$$$$, in his eyes, but please don;t let it become WWE. Maybe Lesnar should actually go to a third world country and see what his money cant buy, before he throws his mindless insults at our health care.....I would not pay to see this guy fight again, he is not worth my 50 bucks. I just hope Mir can muster up the strength to do the best thing for UFC and beat him again, he did it once, and actually I believe he almost did it twice....Unfortunately, Brocks size was the only thing that worked for him, in that fight and was boring at best as far as his talent went......:) I dont think it is just me, but guys like this will do nothing for the sport, except ruin it.....Just my opinion guys....more GSP,s, and Penns less of u know whos.......:)

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that Brock gives a bad image to MMA in general. MMA has been trying for years to get away from the image of crazy, bloodthirsty and disrespectful gorillas trying to send someone in the hospital for years, and Brock looks just like that. But he does bring more fans, which means more PPV and more profit so I guess that's a good thing, even if most fans he brings are bad MMA fans. Money is money, even if it comes from a retard.

And as far as your comments on his lack of skill, you couldn't be more wrong. He showed great technicality from the top when he fought Frank the second time. I still hate the guy, but saying he has no skill and only wins via size is just wrong. His size helps, but it's not the only thing. He also has a lot of things to improve on.

Newbie here and just read about Lesnar's recent comments' date=' if u can call them that, about the health care in Brandon....so I needed to vent...Sorry Brock fans but I am of the opinion that if UFC is going to continue moving in a positive manner, and attracting serious fight fans....guys with Brocks mentality should stick with WWE. I got hooked on MMA like a lot of people, a few years back, but after watching, no......actually listening to Brock after his Mir fight, it left a bad taste in my mouth. Most of these guys show the respect which they earn and deserve, in a good way. But dissing the sponsors too, what an ego......Brock taints that as far as I am concerned. I am sure Dana sees $$$$$, in his eyes, but please don;t let it become WWE. Maybe Lesnar should actually go to a third world country and see what his money cant buy, before he throws his mindless insults at our health care.....I would not pay to see this guy fight again, he is not worth my 50 bucks. I just hope Mir can muster up the strength to do the best thing for UFC and beat him again, he did it once, and actually I believe he almost did it twice....Unfortunately, Brocks size was the only thing that worked for him, in that fight and was boring at best as far as his talent went......:) I dont think it is just me, but guys like this will do nothing for the sport, except ruin it.....Just my opinion guys....more GSP,s, and Penns less of u know whos.......:)[/quote']

Best first post ever! Too bad many on here will not even "get" what you are talking about, But I am with you all the way on this one!

GSP does the same thing Brock did to Mir

On top of that the only thing Mir did in either of those fights against Brock was take his leg when Brock gave it to him like an idiot. Mir looked sub par in both those fights.

As far as Brocks attitude, get used to it. Dana will not let him go anywhere as long as he can make a dollar from him. Add in the old lone "there is no such thing as bad publicity" and people like heels. Brock is bringing in more fans than anyone but Dana would have expected. Unfortunately they are normally dumb rednecks who think Brock is some sort of Demi God (Hi SCO and Amun).

Penn, Mir, Hardy, Mir, Tito, Mir, Shamrock, Mir, Kos, Mir, Daily, Mir. Guys like these all talk **** as well and people love them and hate them.

I just hope Carwin knocks both Mir and Brock out and shuts them both up for at least a minute or three for Mir to find an excuse and Brock to realize he got KTFO

+1

Brock is just bad all around. As a person that is. You can argue that he brings character, and money, and fans and blah blah blah, but he brings more negative than positive in my eyes. He really is what MMA has been trying to get away from. But he does have skill. You can't take that away from him.

I would agree that Brock is a trailer trash idiot but anyone who denies that he is a skilled mma fighter is smoking crack. He dismantled Mir in the last fight and has shown that he has knock down power in his fists. I personally cant stand the guy, but it is going to take a very good fighter to dethrone him.

After Brocks last after fight performance, I wouldn't doubt that Dana will have him on a short leash. I don't expect anymore WWE outbursts in the future.

GSP does the same thing Brock did to Mir

On top of that the only thing Mir did in either of those fights against Brock was take his leg when Brock gave it to him like an idiot. Mir looked sub par in both those fights.

As far as Brocks attitude' date=' get used to it. Dana will not let him go anywhere as long as he can make a dollar from him. Add in the old lone "there is no such thing as bad publicity" and people like heels. Brock is bringing in more fans than anyone but Dana would have expected. Unfortunately they are normally dumb rednecks who think Brock is some sort of Demi God (Hi SCO and Amun).

Penn, Mir, Hardy, Mir, Tito, Mir, Shamrock, Mir, Kos, Mir, Daily, Mir. Guys like these all talk **** as well and people love them and hate them.

I just hope Carwin knocks both Mir and Brock out and shuts them both up for at least a minute or three for Mir to find an excuse and Brock to realize he got KTFO[/quote']

The difference is all these other guys talk smack in pre fight interviews and hype promos, but after the fight, and especially in public appearances, they are humble, well spoken, and polite athletes who put a human face on what is percieved as a brutal sport.

Brock has repeatedly displayed a complete lack of class or humility at any time. Even on an appearrance on ESPN, which millions of people would see throughout the day, announcing his comeback from an (allegedly) career and life threatening illness, when he had a shot to show his appreciation for the (alleged) miracle he had just experienced with his health, he came across as crass, arrogant, brutish and insulting. He did nothing at all to diminish the picture of MMA fighters as meatheads, which as an (alleged) champion and thus ambassador of sorts in the sport, is his responsibility in my book.

Whew!!

Yea to anyone who uses the Mir/Tito/Hardy argument, these guys trash talk to hype fights. Most of them don't say anything after the fight. Perfect example is when BJ beat Jens Pulver in their second fight. There was a huge amount of trash talking done before the fight by both guys, but right after the fight they both hugged and showed great sportsmanship.

Brock on the other hand tried to **** Herring at the end of their fight, and just yelled a bunch of non-sense after. And then got into a bloodied Mir's face, dissed the sponsors, spat his mouthpiece out like an animal. The only time the guy was humble is when he lost, and I can't really see how you can say anything after you lose so that doesn't count. He also said a whole lot of **** during his interview on ESPN that is just plain dumb.

Any MMA fighter should look at guys like Randy, Big Nog, GSP and (I hate to bring this here but he is really the best example IMO) Fedor to see how you are supposed to act after a fight.

The difference is all these other guys talk smack in pre fight interviews and hype promos' date=' but after the fight, and especially in public appearances, they are humble, well spoken, and polite athletes who put a human face on what is percieved as a brutal sport.

Brock has repeatedly displayed a complete lack of class or humility at any time. Even on an appearrance on ESPN, which millions of people would see throughout the day, announcing his comeback from an (allegedly) career and life threatening illness, when he had a shot to show his appreciation for the (alleged) miracle he had just experienced with his health, he came across as crass, arrogant, brutish and insulting. He did nothing at all to diminish the picture of MMA fighters as meatheads, which as an (alleged) champion and thus ambassador of sorts in the sport, is his responsibility in my book.

Whew!![/quote']

He doesn't need to promote MMA, that is Danas job. As for showing an appreciation to a miracle, what miracle. Looks like he was over diagnosed and he took some meds.

He did step out of line as far as the sponsors go after 100, but getting on his wife offends people? Getting in Mirs face after all the **** Mir said about him and his WIFE who didn't even belong in the **** talking.

If people get so easily offended they should not be watching a sport were they hit each other as it is to violent for their precious minds.

Past that, what Brock says is no different than the other fighters I mentioned and not even close to the crap Mir talks about which most people seem to ignore.

Brock is a meat head, but how is he supposed to show the world that MMA is not full of meat heads when him, BJ, Mir, Kos, Daily, Aoki, Hardy, Tito etc all get mic time. Because if people cannot stand the post talk **** storm, how can they handle the pre fight **** storm?

Lets be realistic - he is not the only "bad image" in the UFC and remember what organization he comes from - a pure show business. The UFC is also part show so he does his part. Plus he brought alot of fans which only helps the sport.

the only thing a bunch of backwood wwe tards do for the sport is help dana get paid. other than that they just help give the sport a bad name. these are the people who have no education on what MMA really is and watch just to see KO's and Lesnar act like an idiot.

Lets be realistic - he is not the only "bad image" in the UFC and remember what organization he comes from - a pure show business. The UFC is also part show so he does his part. Plus he brought alot of fans which only helps the sport.

This is the ONLY reason after the crap he pulled at UFC 100 he is still employed with this organization. It's because of the $$$ as Lestards only serve to bring down this sport to the level of amateurish and disrespectful.

I would agree that Brock is a trailer trash idiot but anyone who denies that he is a skilled mma fighter is smoking crack. He dismantled Mir in the last fight and has shown that he has knock down power in his fists. I personally cant stand the guy' date=' but it is going to take a very good fighter to dethrone him.

After Brocks last after fight performance, I wouldn't doubt that Dana will have him on a short leash. I don't expect anymore WWE outbursts in the future.[/quote']

He is not an MMA fighter at all, let alone a skilled one.

He is the forst one to tell you that.

Yea to anyone who uses the Mir/Tito/Hardy argument' date=' these guys trash talk to hype fights. Most of them don't say anything after the fight. Perfect example is when BJ beat Jens Pulver in their second fight. There was a huge amount of trash talking done before the fight by both guys, but right after the fight they both hugged and showed great sportsmanship.

Brock on the other hand tried to **** Herring at the end of their fight, and just yelled a bunch of non-sense after. And then got into a bloodied Mir's face, dissed the sponsors, spat his mouthpiece out like an animal. The only time the guy was humble is when he lost, and I can't really see how you can say anything after you lose so that doesn't count. He also said a whole lot of **** during his interview on ESPN that is just plain dumb.

Any MMA fighter should look at guys like Randy, Big Nog, GSP and (I hate to bring this here but he is really the best example IMO) Fedor to see how you are supposed to act after a fight.[/quote']

I disagree about the post/pre fight **** talking.

New fans that this is supposed to be about attracting, or showing the world it is not just brutes will not see the before and after. They see **** talking, they see WWE style crap.

Also, The more Brock talks, the more asses he will put in the seats, and that is all Dana cares about. If his lack of respect offends people, they should just not wtch him and Dana will get the point, but people will watch, people will ***** and people will argue and hope he gets knocked out next time, and the cycle will continue until he gets knocked out.

I disagree about the post/pre fight **** talking.

New fans that this is supposed to be about attracting' date=' or showing the world it is not just brutes will not see the before and after. They see **** talking, they see WWE style crap.

Also, The more Brock talks, the more asses he will put in the seats, and that is all Dana cares about. If his lack of respect offends people, they should just not wtch him and Dana will get the point, but people will watch, people will ***** and people will argue and hope he gets knocked out next time, and the cycle will continue until he gets knocked out.[/quote']

2 wrongs do not make a right. I don't care if his little bad boy image brings stupid fans to the sport. It's still a stupid thing to do and bad for the sport's image.

2 wrongs do not make a right. I don't care if his little bad boy image brings stupid fans to the sport. It's still a stupid thing to do and bad for the sport's image.

I am not saying he is right, I am just saying that he is not going anywhere and if this offends MMA fans then they have soft skin, and as far as new people to the sport or image, he is not the only one doing it, people just point him out because of his past in the WWE

I would not even be surprised if Dana wants him to do it, not the sponsors but, but the **** talking with Mir/Carwin or whoever. That sells tickets and thats what Dana wants. Fans are flocking to the sport, some because the like it, others because of the meathead. There is no decline, so Dana will not see Brocks **** talking in a negative light.

+2

Those are the exact fans and image that has made it so difficult to get licensing in so many states for such a long time. Ask fans in NY how important the perception of the sport is to lawmakers.

Brock is basically one of the Xmen. He has the strength of ten men, he can leap into the air like an NBA player, has lightning speed and insane wrestling.

People are jealous of him, so they start threads like this.

Who gives a crap about health care? Who gives a crap about the trivial things he says? He's a fighter, not your boyfriend.

He's good for the sport because he brings more viewers than any other fighter by a long shot.

You're acting like you just got your first period and Brock didn't call you back after your date for the love of god.

I would agree that Brock is a trailer trash idiot but anyone who denies that he is a skilled mma fighter is smoking crack. He dismantled Mir in the last fight and has shown that he has knock down power in his fists. I personally cant stand the guy' date=' but it is going to take a very good fighter to dethrone him.

After Brocks last after fight performance, I wouldn't doubt that Dana will have him on a short leash. I don't expect anymore WWE outbursts in the future.[/quote']

haha yes he is white trash that is for sure

I am not saying he is right' date=' I am just saying that he is not going anywhere and if this offends MMA fans then they have soft skin, and as far as new people to the sport or image, he is not the only one doing it, people just point him out because of his past in the WWE

I would not even be surprised if Dana wants him to do it, not the sponsors but, but the **** talking with Mir/Carwin or whoever. That sells tickets and thats what Dana wants. Fans are flocking to the sport, some because the like it, others because of the meathead. There is no decline, so Dana will not see Brocks **** talking in a negative light.[/quote']

I guess what I am trying to say is there is a time and place for everything, and Brock just doesn't get it!

And it's got nothing to do with WWE, I quit watching that crap in the early 80's and couldn't care less if Brock made some paychecks doing it. I recognize his prowess as a wrestler but as a person and representative for this sport, he is a D-bag

Newbie here and just read about Lesnar's recent comments' date=' if u can call them that, about the health care in Brandon....so I needed to vent...Sorry Brock fans but I am of the opinion that if UFC is going to continue moving in a positive manner, and attracting serious fight fans....guys with Brocks mentality should stick with WWE. I got hooked on MMA like a lot of people, a few years back, but after watching, no......actually listening to Brock after his Mir fight, it left a bad taste in my mouth. Most of these guys show the respect which they earn and deserve, in a good way. But dissing the sponsors too, what an ego......Brock taints that as far as I am concerned. I am sure Dana sees $$$$$, in his eyes, but please don;t let it become WWE. Maybe Lesnar should actually go to a third world country and see what his money cant buy, before he throws his mindless insults at our health care.....I would not pay to see this guy fight again, he is not worth my 50 bucks. I just hope Mir can muster up the strength to do the best thing for UFC and beat him again, he did it once, and actually I believe he almost did it twice....Unfortunately, Brocks size was the only thing that worked for him, in that fight and was boring at best as far as his talent went......:) I dont think it is just me, but guys like this will do nothing for the sport, except ruin it.....Just my opinion guys....more GSP,s, and Penns less of u know whos.......:)[/quote']

I disagree. But I see where you're coming from.

It's so easy to pick the bigger target on this sort of thing, which Brock clearly is, and not show the same sort of outburst for Frank Mir's trash talk as well. His was so much worst before the fight than Lesnar's rant after the fight. And Lesnar's rant was straight up awesome revenge, let's get that straight right now... he wasn't talking no more... wait, yes he was. And still is. :rolleyes:

Again I see where you are coming from, but the bird is the word, man. At the end of the day if fighters wanna release those psychic powers of speech onto their opponent and if said opponent let's that get to them detrimentally (HA! Mir listens to 2pac I swear!) they're probably both just hyping themselves up for what's to come. Which is normal. And waaay more plausible of an excuse than that "I was marketing" and "I was getting in his head just like they do at Club Krave" larf, but who's gonna say that.

Let it be, rampagerick. Nothing will get ruined. The fighters are here to fight I promise you. No non-fighter is gonna take over this sport. Make sense?

Say what you want, Lesnar is no worse than than any number of other fighters you could mention. Ortiz.

Any organisation that has Dana White as therir front man is obviously not worried about what any of their fighters are going to say.

The only thing he got in trouble for was bad mouthng Coors.

As long as we`re being so honest and all.

I guess what I am trying to say is there is a time and place for everything' date=' and Brock just doesn't get it!

And it's got nothing to do with WWE, I quit watching that crap in the early 80's and couldn't care less if Brock made some paychecks doing it. I recognize his prowess as a wrestler but as a person and representative for this sport, he is a D-bag[/quote']

I agree with you and I doubt he ever will get it.

I am not saying he is right' date=' I am just saying that he is not going anywhere and if this offends MMA fans then they have soft skin, and as far as new people to the sport or image, he is not the only one doing it, people just point him out because of his past in the WWE

I would not even be surprised if Dana wants him to do it, not the sponsors but, but the **** talking with Mir/Carwin or whoever. That sells tickets and thats what Dana wants. Fans are flocking to the sport, some because the like it, others because of the meathead. There is no decline, so Dana will not see Brocks **** talking in a negative light.[/quote']

Oh no doubt he is filling seats and isn't going anywhere. But should this make his behavior acceptable? And it's not so much that it offends me, it's just that it gives a bad name to MMA. If everyone in the world knew MMA isn't full of fighters like Brock, I wouldn't give a rat's **** what he does. But the thing is, a lot of people think that the average fighter conducts himself like Brock, and that's just bad for the sport. How can MMA be recognized world wide as a sport if a lot of people still view it as a barbaric fight.

On that subject too, I also think the cage is bad for the sport. I mean if you say "We have 2 people fighting in a ring" it already sounds like it's more of a competition. When you say "We have 2 people fighting in a cage" it just sounds like gladiators fighting to the death for your amusement. That's only of course if you don't know the sport. But that's another subject and I may be the only one that feels this way.

Brock is basically one of the Xmen. He has the strength of ten men' date=' he can leap into the air like an NBA player, has lightning speed and insane wrestling.

People are jealous of him, so they start threads like this.

Who gives a crap about health care? Who gives a crap about the trivial things he says? He's a fighter, not your boyfriend.

He's good for the sport because he brings more viewers than any other fighter by a long shot.

You're acting like you just got your first period and Brock didn't call you back after your date for the love of god.[/quote']

And once you Lestards reach puberty you will realize what a D bag Brock really is and hopefully learn a thing or 2 about MMA. Brocks fan base will diminish with time as they will either move on to the latest MPORG or electricute themselves trying to have sex with their computer screen. It's just a matter of time.

+2

Those are the exact fans and image that has made it so difficult to get licensing in so many states for such a long time. Ask fans in NY how important the perception of the sport is to lawmakers.

exactly. Image is very important for a young sport like this. We need all the positive we can get. I don't recall ever seeing Tito or BJ going on live tv and making a fool of themselves and making the UFC look like WWE. Sure they talked trash, but they were still respectful to the sport.

And once you Lestards reach puberty you will realize what a D bag Brock really is and hopefully learn a thing or 2 about MMA. Brocks fan base will diminish with time as they will either move on to the latest MPORG or electricute themselves trying to have sex with their computer screen. It's just a matter of time.
What a stupid post. Maybe when you pass puberty you'll realize that everybody has different personalities. Brock doesn't have the kindest personality in MMA but he's not the worst either. How about Aoki who just broke some guys arm before he flipped off the crowd? Does anyone talk about him? No. Brock's comments are generally greatly blown out of proportion due to all of the jealousy that surrounds him.

The bottom line is that everyone is different. Brock is a fighter and not your boyfriend. The things he says when he's not fighting is not something that you should obsess about or dwell on and quite frankly it's unhealthy if you do.

What a stupid post. Maybe when you pass puberty you'll realize that everybody has different personalities. Brock doesn't have the kindest personality in MMA but he's not the worst either. How about Aoki who just broke some guys arm before he flipped off the crowd? Does anyone talk about him? No. Brock's comments are generally greatly blown out of proportion due to all of the jealousy that surrounds him.

The bottom line is that everyone is different. Brock is a fighter and not your boyfriend. The things he says when he's not fighting is not something that you should obsess about or dwell on and quite frankly it's creepy if you do.

well for one Aoki isn't in the UFC. and second, yes, people do talk poorly about what he did. And it's not his fault the guy got his arm broke.

You are complaining about Brock opening his mouth and saying stupid things but look at this post. You are putting people down because they like a fighter. Maybe you should grow up a little and come up with a decent argument. Brock has said some things that have made people mad but who cares. Dana White, Frank Mir, and Tito have all said way worse things. Tito flicks fighters off and was digging their graves after the fights.

I've met Brock twice, one time he was in the wwe and stopped at a gas station while riding motorcycle with his wife. He took a few minutes out of his day to talk a little bit. The second time was last year and he was at the mall here shopping. He took time to shake peoples hands and sign autographs. He had a smile on his face the whole time and was pretty cool both times.

well for one Aoki isn't in the UFC. and second' date=' yes, people do talk poorly about what he did. And it's not his fault the guy got his arm broke.[/quote']All you guys are accomplishing by obsessing over Brock and starting threads about him every 5 seconds is giving the guy free publicity and making him an even bigger star than he already is.

Basically your falling for his bad guy persona and you're lining his pockets with gold.

Good job.

The bottom line is that everyone is different. Brock is a fighter and not your boyfriend. The things he says when he's not fighting is not something that you should obsess about or dwell on and quite frankly it's unhealthy if you do.

Don't try to argue with me boy. Brock disrespected his opponent, his wife, the fans and the major sponsor of the biggest UFC celebration in history. Nothing has come close to this kind of crap, NOTHING! He's a clown and nothing more.Did you think this was acceptable behaviour? Do you think if anyone but Lesnar puled this crap they would still be employed with the UFC? The answer is NO and only because he is a cash cow for the UFC. Dana made it clear in no uncertain terms this was never to happen again and made Brock eat it at the presser after the event, cash cow or not!

Don't try to argue with me boy. Brock disrespected his opponent' date=' his wife and the major sponsor of the biggest UFC celebration in history. Nothing has come close to this kind of crap, NOTHING! He's a clown and nothing more.Did you think this was acceptable behaviour? Do you think if anyone but Lesnar puled this crap they would still be employed with the UFC? The answer is NO and only because he is a cash cow for the UFC. Dana made it clear in no uncertain terms this was never to happen again and made Brock eat it at the presser after the event, cash cow or not![/quote']

Internet tough guy alert:p

There are a lot of things hurting the image of MMA, but to pin it all on Lesnar isn't really fair. Lots of fighters cross the line when they open their mouths or get carried away with their celebrations.

This sport has enough critics without these antics. I for one am tired of hearing how barbaric it is. Some even compare it to dogfighting.

If MMA is ever going to be accepted by the mainstream as a legit sport, the UFC, as the #1 promotion, should be doing everything it can to clean up its image.

Fighters, fans, even commentators need to be more respectful and show a little class.

All you guys are accomplishing by obsessing over Brock and starting threads about him every 5 seconds is giving the guy free publicity and making him an even bigger star than he already is.

Basically your falling for his bad guy persona and you're lining his pockets with gold.

Good job.

lol we're not falling for anything. we're calling him out for what he really is.

Tell that to the states that don't want MMA in their boundaries.

You just don't get the point. Yes, Brock is a fighter, but he is also a figure head and poster boy for the UFC. This goes for the fans and non fans alike. The people out to ban MMA could easily use him and his statements to make the UFC look bad. And they don't care if is just a fighter, he is still in a business, and should act professionally.

You just don't get the point. Yes' date=' Brock is a fighter, but he is also a figure head and poster boy for the UFC. This goes for the fans and non fans alike. The people out to ban MMA could easily use him and his statements to make the UFC look bad. And they don't care if is just a fighter, he is still in a business, and should act professionally.[/quote']

Well said.

You just don't get the point. Yes' date=' Brock is a fighter, but he is also a figure head and poster boy for the UFC. This goes for the fans and non fans alike. The people out to ban MMA could easily use him and his statements to make the UFC look bad. And they don't care if is just a fighter, he is still in a business, and should act professionally.[/quote']

+1

One thing has nothing to do with the other. The dude got his arm broke when he wouldn't tap and he was the one talking all the prefight smack about Aoki could NEVER sub him.

And you still don't get it, I don't care about the post fight crap, other than the fact that it was the only part of the biggest night in MMA history that was nationally publicized. They weren't on ESPN talking about the great fights and fighters, they were talking about what a jack a$$ the HW champ was. Now on another occasion with a national audience who know little about the sport He continued to choose to play the heel role, completely unnecessarily. If a player from any of the four major sports leagues in this country acted that way or said those things they would be facing fines and suspensions. But Brockamaniacs continue to hail him as this great champion.

Let me tell you something, there is much much more to true greatness than what is on your win/loss record.

Is it really Brock that is ruining MMA's image?????? People originally condemned the sport due to its brutality. Last time I checked MMA is still a violent sport, people are getting knocked unconscious, choked unconscious, limbs broken, cuts that bleed all over the octagon and their opponents. The people who still believe MMA is bad arent sitting at home saying "Brock lesnars antics are really ruining the credibility of the sport." They are thinking this because the sport is violent and there is a certain segment that will never get past that. Im sorry you guys are so butt hurt over brock but you guys really need to move on. Also, these guys chose to make a living out of fighting, respectful or not they are all meatheads.

Is it really Brock that is ruining MMA's image?????? People originally condemned the sport due to its brutality. Last time I checked MMA is still a violent sport' date=' people are getting knocked unconscious, choked unconscious, limbs broken, cuts that bleed all over the octagon and their opponents. The people who still believe MMA is bad arent sitting at home saying "Brock lesnars antics are really ruining the credibility of the sport." They are thinking this because the sport is violent and there is a certain segment that will never get past that. Im sorry you guys are so butt hurt over brock but you guys really need to move on. Also, these guys chose to make a living out of fighting, respectful or not they are all meatheads.[/quote']

Get the **** out of here, seriously. Most people who think MMA is so "brutal" also think boxing is just fine. They're just ignorant of the sport, and so are you. Calling fighters meatheads when you clearly know nothing of them.

LMAO you think that has anything to do with Brock?

It's because it's perceived as a violent sport.

Brock is one of the only fighters to get mainstream acceptance and coverage from mainstream sport outlets like ESPN because he is a REAL athlete to enter the sport.

Get the **** out of here' date=' seriously. Most people who think MMA is so "brutal" also think boxing is just fine. They're just ignorant of the sport, and so are you. Calling fighters meatheads when you clearly know nothing of them.[/quote']

Sorry sir... Next time I post I will run it past you to see if you approve.. Guess I have to have a avatar of a pride fighter to understand the sport.

Because he couldn`t get into the NFL.
No because he is an elite athlete that dominated amateur wrestling' date=' was the center man in the WWE, nearly made it into the NFL despite the fact that he hadn't played since highschool, and was the UFC HW champion.

Did you hear how ESPN introduced him yesterday?

They cited his sports accomplishments and introduced him as a [u']truly elite athlete.[/u]

Is it really Brock that is ruining MMA's image?????? People originally condemned the sport due to its brutality. Last time I checked MMA is still a violent sport' date=' people are getting knocked unconscious, choked unconscious, limbs broken, cuts that bleed all over the octagon and their opponents. The people who still believe MMA is bad arent sitting at home saying "Brock lesnars antics are really ruining the credibility of the sport." They are thinking this because the sport is violent and there is a certain segment that will never get past that. Im sorry you guys are so butt hurt over brock but you guys really need to move on. Also, these guys chose to make a living out of fighting, [b']respectful or not they are all meatheads[/b].

Tell that to Rich Franklin, with his Masters in Education and former career as high school teacher,

or Shane Carwin, still a full time accountant I believe.

or Cro-Cop, the member of Croation Parliament

or Forrest Griffin, the former cop

or Florian, or Quarry,

There are a slew of MMA fighters that would beg to differ, then probably kick your a$$ for suggesting such.

There is a segment of society who have already made up their minds about MMA as garbage, and nothing will change that. But there is also a segment who really don't know and when their only introduction to the sport is what they see of Lesnar on ESPN it only does harm for the image, and future of this sport.

Archived