coleman>capt. america

MachoMan

i think coleman is going to own randy in their match, which i know some of you are giong to think is crazy, but look at recent events, - coleman hung in there with Rua, who was totally gassed by the end of the match, its easy to say that was a bad showing for rua, but i believe at this level of pro sorts, it is more often true that a fighter does not have a bad fight, they are just made to look bad by the level of their competition.

randy did beat vera, but it seems like vera is going down in terms of his career, personally, i dont expect him to be in UFC after bones jones beats the daylights out of him.

they are both OOOOOOOOOOLD i mean, OOOOOOOOLLLD. im not sure why two washed up fighters like this are headlining a pay per view, it makes UFC look stupid. its not that they shouldnt be doing the fight, its that it shouldnt be main event material, are either of these guys title contenders? do either of them have any chance of holding another Ufc title?

i dont think so.

anyways i am predicting coleman by way of tko (gnp) 1st round.

i understand that every main event isnt a title fight, and i know that both of these fighters have had HUGE success in the octagon and have been around for ages, but i dont feel that this fight has much relevance. that doesnt mean it shouldnt happen, i jusgt dont see it as a main event.

wow i wouldn't expect anything less from you MachoMan lol

congrats. add another fail to your list.

and i wouldnt expect anything less from you there you little forum knob slobber

maybe i should have apologized in advance for having an opinion that may diverge fromn the mother forum brain, thanks for setting me straight there lemming boy.

i understand that every main event isnt a title fight' date=' and i know that both of these fighters have had HUGE success in the octagon and have been around for ages, but i dont feel that this fight has much relevance. that doesnt mean it shouldnt happen, i jusgt dont see it as a main event.[/quote']

so 2 of the biggest names in the sport shouldn't be a main event?

maybe i should have apologized in advance for having an opinion that may diverge fromn the mother forum brain' date=' thanks for setting me straight there lemming boy.[/quote']

you're welcome. just dont let it happen again

you people cant seriously believe randy has a chance of becoming lhw champ??

See everyone, give him a chance. He isn't a total moron like some of you try to say.

I honestly think Coleman has the potential to pull off the upset. It is unlikely but it is definitely a possibility. Anytime two wrestlers square off anything can happen. Plus even though Couture is superman and all he could very well get injured during the fight. Perhaps a repeat of Coleman/Shogun I.

I agree that this probably isn't the best choice for main event, but nonetheless it is a great fight and matchup.

Also whenever you have two wrestlers go at it you tend to see a stand up fight and anything can happen there. Especially between two legends. The OP may be in the minority on this one but it's definetely possible.

maybe i should have apologized in advance for having an opinion that may diverge fromn the mother forum brain' date=' thanks for setting me straight there lemming boy.[/quote']

you are ineed a fool for thinking neither of these men can ever hold a belt again, without a doubt i see couture coming up with another victory here and i see him still being a good contender for the LHW belt, i mean come on couture gave lesner his best fight and couture was a small heavyweight. AND HOW cant you see this being a main event when BOTH men are in the hall of fame, especially with all the people that have been watching pride and UFC for as long as they have been around, these men are legends and deserve a main event fight against each other. your an idiot, dont post anymore on these forums aha

Randy Vs Coleman...I nearly fell asleep typing it' date=' they will hug and roll on the cage for 15 minutes. We are all entitled to our opinions and mine is this has the potential to be the most boring main event in the history of UFC.[/quote']

I disagree.

Randy's stand-up is FAR superior to Coleman's.

Coleman will attempt to take this fight down, Randy will defend and counter with strikes. This process will likely be repeated several times until Coleman gasses and Randy finished him.

i think coleman is going to own randy in their match' date=' which i know some of you are giong to think is crazy, but look at recent events, - coleman hung in there with Rua, who was totally gassed by the end of the match, its easy to say that was a bad showing for rua, but i believe at this level of pro sorts, it is more often true that a fighter does not have a bad fight, they are just made to look bad by the level of their competition.

randy did beat vera, but it seems like vera is going down in terms of his career, personally, i dont expect him to be in UFC after bones jones beats the daylights out of him.

they are both OOOOOOOOOOLD i mean, OOOOOOOOLLLD. im not sure why two washed up fighters like this are headlining a pay per view, it makes UFC look stupid. its not that they shouldnt be doing the fight, its that it shouldnt be main event material, are either of these guys title contenders? do either of them have any chance of holding another Ufc title?

i dont think so.

anyways i am predicting coleman by way of tko (gnp) 1st round.[/quote']

They are not that old..They are older but there not freakin senior citizens

If anyone in the LHW division has a shot at dethroning Machida (before Bones gets there) it is the Natural. Unlike Shogun, Randy has a skill set which would allow him to make the right gameplan, and nobody gameplans like Couture. Plus his ability to make mid fight adjustments is unmatched.

Couture is bigger, smarter, and his Greco is better than the Hammer's freestyle, I just don't see Coleman winning this, and we may be edging toward ANOTHER miraculous run by Couture to the top.

NEVER count Randy Couture out!

On a more serious note, I'm sick of all that 'old' talk, man. Nobody said crap or gave just dues when George Foreman came back and knocked Michael Moorer clean out, and he was undefeated right before then. Luck??? I don't friggin' thing so. And before that he gave Tommy Morrison hell. Magic Johnson? This guy actually Fought AIDS! (Now that's an offensive meatball! Muah!) No, fun fact, HIV-negative Tommy actually made his MMA debut kinda-sorta around age 40, winning by TKO in the first round.

Mark Coleman may get busted up but I've never heard of him breaking his arm from tripping before. Nothing against Shogun, just saying Coleman's tough. Tough enough to beat Bonnar? What? Couture beats Vera? Huh? They were lucky? They didn't wanna beat up on an old man? I can do this all day but age does not apply. Your muscles fully mature around age 30, that's the given that applies to everyone, like Puberty: The Squeakquel (Way too far here.) And it should be left at that.

And forget all that 'prime' jazz as well. When your *inner martial artist comes out, it's time baby. It's time. Black belt or no belt to keep those pants tight.

*Illegalpoke is still waiting. But he'll omoplata that ***! Giving the proper set-up, and if you decide to roll with me of course......

If anyone in the LHW division has a shot at dethroning Machida (before Bones gets there) it is the Natural. Unlike Shogun' date=' Randy has a skill set which would allow him to make the right gameplan, and nobody gameplans like Couture. Plus his ability to make mid fight adjustments is unmatched.

Couture is bigger, smarter, and his Greco is better than the Hammer's freestyle, I just don't see Coleman winning this, and we may be edging toward ANOTHER miraculous run by Couture to the top.

NEVER count Randy Couture out![/quote']

This ^

I find it more likely that Randy will get the loser of Rampage/Rashad.

i like this. I've been wanting to see Couture vs. Rashad for a while. Not saying Rashad will lose the Rampage fight, even though i think he will, just saying i want to see that match up.

i like this. I've been wanting to see Couture vs. Rashad for a while. Not saying Rashad will lose the Rampage fight' date=' even though i think he will, just saying i want to see that match up.[/quote']

I think that both Rampage and Rashad are bad match-ups for Randy.

I remember hearing something about Rashad turning down a fight with Randy a while back. Not sure what the circumstances surrounding that were, though.

i agree' date=' i think that either rashad or rampage has a VERY good chance of dealing randy a very nasty ko. nobody wants to see what happened to chuck happen to randy[/quote']

That's what I'm afraid of.

IMO, he's got a better chance at beating Shogun than he does at Rashad or Rampage. If there was a way to the title WITHOUT going through one of those two, he should take it.

That being said, Randy is a competitor. He'll fight anybody.

IMO' date=' he's got a better chance at beating Shogun than he does at Rashad or Rampage. If there was a way to the title WITHOUT going through one of those two, he should take it.

That being said, Randy is a competitor. He'll fight anybody.[/quote']

i really don't see Randy not being able to handle Rashad. but that's just me

i really don't see Randy not being able to handle Rashad. but that's just me

I think that Rashad's wrestling will nullify any kind of ground attack from Randy.

While Randy might be able to use the same type of gameplan as he did against Vera, I also feel that Rashad is much too strong and explosive for that.

When all of that fails, all that's left is the striking department. While I think that Randy is pretty underrated when it comes to his boxing skills, I just don't think he's got the speed required to match up with Rashad. I think Rashad will tag him and put him to sleep.

Then again, I said the same thing when he fought Thiago :P

IMO' date=' he's got a better chance at beating Shogun than he does at Rashad or Rampage. If there was a way to the title WITHOUT going through one of those two, he should take it.

That being said, Randy is a competitor. He'll fight anybody.[/quote']

I agree with this that Randy has got a better chance of beating someone like Shogun or Machida then Rampage or Rashad. Still it would be a slim chance though.

Archived