Jake Shields is TUF 11 coach for Team Liddell

freedom

http://fightmarks.com/story.php?title=jake-shields-is-tuf-11-coach-for-team-liddell

Jake Shields is to be one of Chuck Liddell?s assistants on season 11 of The Ultimate Fighter, which begins filming next week. He will be heading to Las Vegas tomorrow and will be there for the duration of the contestants? six-week stay in the TUF house.

His inclusion in the show might seem to odd to some viewers, given the Shields competes in Strikeforce, currently the UFC?s main rival as an MMA promotion. As the UFC is going to be counter-programming Strikeforce this year in the same way it countered Affliction broadcasts, it will be interesting to see how much airtime Shields gets.

I'll take a guess and say that Shields will be on camera for about 40seconds total over the whole season.

yeah there is no way the UFC will promote a fighter from Strikeforce. Maybe a couple years ago they wouldnt've cared but now its different... Strikeforce is getting bigger. And the UFC will not want any extra attention on one of SF's champs.

Jake Shields has one fight left on his Strikeforce contract and I'm sure that fight is going to be against Hendo where he'll lose the title. I think Jake Shields is a good fighter but he isn't great. I'm not surprised that he'll be helping out on TUF.

that is an interesting fact. If he has made a verbal deal with Dana then I can see Jake getting some camera time.

Archived