What is your discipline and your rank?

blackknight

For those of you who train or fight........What is your discipline and your belt ranking? Also for those of you fight mma what is your record? Pro or Ammy? Have you held a belt if so for what promotion?

Shoot Fighting- 13 and 1-retired

Currently Aikido- Yellow belticon10.gif

I train in Relson Graice Jiu Jitsu at TexasDojo MMA in Pearland, Texas and currently and possess a Brown belt. I mainly train now out of recreation.

I have also trained in Tae Kwon Do in Korea through the Korean military TKD program, and Hapkido but never got any impressive belts in either form.

I also trained in US Army combatives for 8 years, and competed in a few of the annual Army Combatives tournaments. I was able to attain Level 3, which required a 160-hour, four-week course that builds on the skills taught in the previous two courses. It is designed to take the skills that have been until now been stand alone, and integrate them into unit-level training. I was a certified Combatives trainer for my unit for 3 years.

I have had 3 amateur fights. Record of 2-1, 1 by KO, 1 by TKO, and the loss by Tapout, triangle choke.

Never going to make it past much more than that as I was injured in Iraq and don't think I will ever be able to attain the physical fitness needed to fight seriously, again.

My martial arts base is in muay thai which they dont do a belt system. Started out training no gi bjj and then got into training in the gi havent done alot of that so just a 2 stripe white belt. Spend alot more time training no gi but gonna start doing more training in the gi, hope to earn my blue belt this year thats my goal anyway.Just started training judo so be a while before I have any accomplishments in that. As far as mma goes my amateur debut is in April with the Ring Rulers promotion.

My martial arts base is in muay thai which they dont do a belt system. Started out training no gi bjj and then got into training in the gi havent done alot of that so just a 2 stripe white belt. Spend alot more time training no gi but gonna start doing more training in the gi' date=' hope to earn my blue belt this year thats my goal anyway.Just started training judo so be a while before I have any accomplishments in that. As far as mma goes my amateur debut is in April with the Ring Rulers promotion.[/quote']

I'm a muay thai fighter as well. But unfortunately my record is 0-0, but my coach has mentioned getting my first fight out the way, so hopefully that should be some time this year, and after that they'll start being more regular. Apart from muay thai, i have minimal bjj experience, and a small amount of mma experience. My goals this year are get my first muay thai fight fought and won, get back into bjj and mma full time.

My martial arts base is in muay thai which they dont do a belt system. Started out training no gi bjj and then got into training in the gi havent done alot of that so just a 2 stripe white belt. Spend alot more time training no gi but gonna start doing more training in the gi' date=' hope to earn my blue belt this year thats my goal anyway.Just started training judo so be a while before I have any accomplishments in that. As far as mma goes my amateur debut is in April with the Ring Rulers promotion.[/quote']

Nice, if you plan on fighting for a bit no gi is the way to go. I did gi training because the Army's competitions where in uniform, so it's pretty much Gi with boots on. Belts don't really mean anything much in the competition world other than ego boosting. They're like the bench press of competition, looks pretty and sounds good bragging about it, but doesn't have much practical use.

I train in Relson Graice Jiu Jitsu at TexasDojo MMA in Pearland' date=' Texas and currently and possess a Brown belt. I mainly train now out of recreation.

I have also trained in Tae Kwon Do in Korea through the Korean military TKD program, and Hapkido but never got any impressive belts in either form.

I also trained in US Army combatives for 8 years, and competed in a few of the annual Army Combatives tournaments. I was able to attain Level 3, which required a 160-hour, four-week course that builds on the skills taught in the previous two courses. It is designed to take the skills that have been until now been stand alone, and integrate them into unit-level training. I was a certified Combatives trainer for my unit for 3 years.

I have had 3 amateur fights. Record of 2-1, 1 by KO, 1 by TKO, and the loss by TKO.

Never going to make it past much more than that as I was injured in Iraq and don't think I will ever be able to attain the physical fitness needed to fight seriously, again.[/quote']

Holy crap..lol..I live on dixie farm rd in pearland..

Nice I live a little south of there in Danbury. You should go check out that gym if you're into training.

I have emailed frank pannell? i think thats his name..I am very interested in goin to saul soliz's gym...I just moved here about a month ago so its been kinda hard lookin for a job..I am pursuin the UFC though..I used to live thirty min. away from Beaumont..there wasnt a lot of MMA stuff around..I trained at this one place for a year and a half..There was american freestyle karate there but i couldnt do it cause the time..There is a curriculim under master libirio though..there is a rankin system in that..Im a blue..I grew up on boxin and then i grew on to MMA..I have had two fights..2-0..

Nice' date=' if you plan on fighting for a bit no gi is the way to go. I did gi training because the Army's competitions where in uniform, so it's pretty much Gi with boots on. Belts don't really mean anything much in the competition world other than ego boosting. They're like the bench press of competition, looks pretty and sounds good bragging about it, but doesn't have much practical use.[/quote']

Yea I try to focus on the no gi stuff cuz obviously I wont be wearing a gi in the cage. I do respect the tradition of the gi and having to earn the belts so I like the gi training its just not my focus.

For those of you who train or fight........What is your discipline and your belt ranking? Also for those of you fight mma what is your record? Pro or Ammy? Have you held a belt if so for what promotion?

second degree black belt in ITF Tae Kwon-Do

Hence the name TKD1

I fight in my arm chair.

I train 3 times a week with strength & condition. (Weights & cardio). I did Tae Kwon Do as a child but due to a huge sporting injury in my teens I now have Arthritis in my right shoulder (doctor said I have a shoulder of a 90year old. I am 35). Its very sore 24/7.

I love the fight game and the fight strategies that go with it. I now have a 2year old so I am hoping all the UFC that is watched in my house will rub off onto him. He will have my full support if he does decide to be a fighter.

Archived