Even Jim Rome thinks Brock is a Tool!

joshdfs

Was just watching "Rome is Burning" on ESPN (if you're not familiar you should check it out, great show) and Jim's opening rant of the show was on Brock and his presser yesterday.

He brought up the point that you would think a guy recovering from an alleged life and career threatening illness would show some humility, and have a fresh, thankful outlook on life.

Instead Brock shows his true class by going on about grown men crapping themselves, how Frank Mir is a "stalker", repeatedly refers to himself in the third person, and goes on to insult an entire county's medical system.

Way to represent there Brock! Good job putting an intelligent face on the sport for millions of people to see.

At Least Rome didn't blame the sport, I know he is actually a supporter and has had numerous UFC and WEC fighters on both his shows. He correctly marked it up entirely to Brock's lack of character!

fighters talking badly about each other is not a new thing

Don't you understand that supporters of this sport have been fighting the stereotype of MMA fighters as brutes and muscleheads for twenty plus years and when the UFC HW champion of the world goes on national TV in a news conference announcing his return he does everything he can to make himself look just that way, it is just plain bad for everyone in the sport?

Fighters talk smack to each other while leading up to a specific fight in order to promote and build excitement for the fight, I get that. But that was not supposed to be what this was about. It was supposed to be announcing his return and telling his story in his words. It was a good chance for Brock to regain some fans by showing just a little class and humility after what should have been a life changing experience. And he chose to be the same old jergoff he has been sice college.

Fedor would be very much worry if UFC cuts Brock due to Brock has nowhere else to go but SF. Then no other choice but to broke Fedor face then. Tsk Tsk Tsk' date=' Fedor fans, pray that Brock won't be cut.[/quote']

Give me Fedor's humility and respectfulness EVERY day of the week over that bum! Not debating who is better, that should be obvious, but as a representative for my favorite sport Fedor is ideal.

Don't you understand that supporters of this sport have been fighting the stereotype of MMA fighters as brutes and muscleheads for twenty plus years and when the UFC HW champion of the world goes on national TV in a news conference announcing his return he does everything he can to make himself look just that way' date=' it is just plain bad for everyone in the sport?

Fighters talk smack to each other while leading up to a specific fight in order to promote and build excitement for the fight, I get that. But that was not supposed to be what this was about. It was supposed to be announcing his return and telling his story in his words. It was a good chance for Brock to regain some fans by showing just a little class and humility after what should have been a life changing experience. And he chose to be the same old jergoff he has been sice college.[/quote']

Well everyone knows brock from WWE. So they kinda expect him to do something like this. Besides this is why we have Couture & BJ to make the octagon seem like a fun loving place where the only thing you lose is your teeth :rolleyes:

Don't you understand that supporters of this sport have been fighting the stereotype of MMA fighters as brutes and muscleheads for twenty plus years and when the UFC HW champion of the world goes on national TV in a news conference announcing his return he does everything he can to make himself look just that way' date=' it is just plain bad for everyone in the sport?

Fighters talk smack to each other while leading up to a specific fight in order to promote and build excitement for the fight, I get that. But that was not supposed to be what this was about. It was supposed to be announcing his return and telling his story in his words. It was a good chance for Brock to regain some fans by showing just a little class and humility after what should have been a life changing experience. [b']And he chose to be the same old jergoff he has been sice college[/b].

Ever thought that maybe that's just the way he is?

You don't have to like the guy, but you can't deny that he's a force to be reckoned with.

Besides, it's no different than BJ Penn telling people that he's going to fight GSP 'to the death'.

newsflash

mma is a violent sport full of angry brutish men whop want to publicly break each others bones. sure some of them can talk well' date=' but thats never going to make them civilized[/quote']

man, even SCO is annoying, but at least he has some sense.

What is love? Baby don't hurt me? Don't hurt me? no more?

hahaha

man' date=' even SCO is annoying, but at least he has some sense.

hahaha[/quote']

your right, im wrong

mma is not violent, it is not full of ****s like lesnar and rampage and matt hughes and matt serra and frank mir

and none of them want to hurt each other, im sure they would rather all be eating crumpets and hanging out with the knitting club.

Fedor would be very much worry if UFC cuts Brock due to Brock has nowhere else to go but SF. Then no other choice but to broke Fedor face then. Tsk Tsk Tsk' date=' Fedor fans, pray that Brock won't be cut.[/quote']

lol, brock isnt even good enough to be aleksander let alone fedor. i bet butter bean could kick brocks ****.

your right' date=' im wrong

mma is not violent, it is not full of ****s like lesnar and rampage and matt hughes and matt serra and frank mir

and none of them want to hurt each other, im sure they would rather all be eating crumpets and hanging out with the knitting club.[/quote']

Whats wrong with crumpets ?

Brock is judging the entire Canadian health care system off his visit to one hospital in a remote location of the country. He's then comparing it to his care at the Mayo clinic which is not only one of the best health facilities in the country, but the entire world. But hey, Brock can afford it. His other comments though I find quite humourous. The guy's not supposed to be taken seriously. Anyone that takes their opinions from an athlete with little post secondary education and gets punched in the face for a living is a bit dense, no?

Brock is judging the entire Canadian health care system off his visit to one hospital in a remote location of the country. He's then comparing it to his care at the Mayo clinic which is not only one of the best health facilities in the country' date=' but the entire world. But hey, Brock can afford it. His other comments though I find quite humourous. The guy's not supposed to be taken seriously. Anyone that takes their opinions from an athlete with little post secondary education and gets punched in the face for a living is a bit dense, no?[/quote']

A remote location? hahaha

You must live in Toronto.

Was just watching "Rome is Burning" on ESPN (if you're not familiar you should check it out' date=' great show) and Jim's opening rant of the show was on Brock and his presser yesterday.

He brought up the point that you would think a guy recovering from an alleged life and career threatening illness would show some humility, and have a fresh, thankful outlook on life.

Instead Brock shows his true class by going on about grown men crapping themselves, how Frank Mir is a "stalker", repeatedly refers to himself in the third person, and goes on to insult an entire county's medical system.

Way to represent there Brock! Good job putting an intelligent face on the sport for millions of people to see.

At Least Rome didn't blame the sport, I know he is actually a supporter and has had numerous UFC and WEC fighters on both his shows. He correctly marked it up entirely to Brock's lack of character![/quote']

once a tool, always a tool!

F - brock! :mad:

Was just watching "Rome is Burning" on ESPN (if you're not familiar you should check it out' date=' great show) and Jim's opening rant of the show was on Brock and his presser yesterday.

At Least Rome didn't blame the sport, I know he is actually a supporter and has had numerous UFC and WEC fighters on both his shows. He correctly marked it up entirely to Brock's lack of character![/quote']

keep trolling bud

That's trolling? Go F yourself man tired of the Brock fans that will die for the D bag defending every little thing about the man. He could cook a little girl and you people will come up with justifications for the guy.

Relax man, he was trying to insult me and I didn't even get that worked up about it!

You just have to realize Brockamaniacs are like members of Jim Jones Church of the People. You can try to reason with them and wake them up to reality, but in the end they just blindly drink the Kool-Aid with a smile and believe Brock is the second coming. I've come to pity them more than anger at this point!

A remote location? hahaha

You must live in Toronto.

Yup :P To be completely honest I have no idea where he was checked in though I assume it wasn't located in any large metropolises where you will (for the most part) find the best health care. From what I know he went hunting to get away from everything where I'm guessing you won't find the greatest hospitals in the country.

Archived