Best BJJ in UFC

AUSMMA

who do you think has the best BJJ in the ufc. my vote would have to go to demian maia' date=' with a close second to big nog. Thanks :)[/quote']

demian maia is the most decorated BJJ practitioner the UFC has ever had on its roster. and he's widely considered one of the greatest, not best, GREATEST in the entire world. its not even up for debate, he has the credentials and the BJJ world to back him up on it lol.

I would say:

1. Palhares

1. Maia

3. Penn

nana Palhares is good but not that good

it is definatly Maia first

anyway personally BJ is really good but id still put him further down the list i know he was named the prodigy because he was so good at BJJ but i think using it in MMA is different

nana Palhares is good but not that good

it is definatly Maia first

anyway personally BJ is really good but id still put him further down the list i know he was named the prodigy because he was so good at BJJ but i think using it in MMA is different

And I say, put Palhares and Maia in one cage and you will see what will happen.

the only way we could possibly find out is by puttin the top guys like maia bj mir big nog and al the others in a juijitsu tournament...because in mma fights its hard 2 tell who is the best because for example maia and hazelett in there last fights never even got a chance to show how good there bjj was because they got KTFO...

as far as technical bjj i would have to say prolly maia but as far as mma bjj goes i dont think that anyone else has adapted it to the sport as well as bj he is flawless at using his strikes and his bjj in unison to set people up for subs or vise versa and has choked up some of the top bjj guys in the lw division a la daddy or florian

I really like Maia and Palhares, but I think if I had to put them in order I would say:

1. Palhares

2. Maia

Part of utilizing BJJ in UFC is to avoid the KO. In competition with top contenders Maia got KOed by Marquardt, and Palhares went the distance with Hendo. Palhares took some good shots in that fight and almost got Hendo with a heel hook. I guess we really won't find out though until we see Maia vs Palhares which is a fight I would love to see. If this thread was titled 'best bjj period' it would be Maia.

-MMAnic

-my first post on this forum

-GO TOQUINHO!!!

you know what baby j is just as good frank mir is above damon he is regarded as the best submision fighter today as that said i love how these coments come in about oh this guy is the best and this guy is that some of the choices i see for the best mw or Lhw just blows my mind anderson silva is by leaps the best fighter with out a doubt to brace mma he made james irvin look silly and made forest griffin even worse knocked them out both with ease and its not even his weight class took rich franklin 2 times and just dethorned him his is truley on another level and his bjj is underated damon mia dont have a chance cause he would never get him to the ground nate rocked him dan miller will give him some trouble and i says he wins

I really like Maia and Palhares' date=' but I think if I had to put them in order I would say:

1. Palhares

2. Maia

Part of utilizing BJJ in UFC is to avoid the KO. In competition with top contenders Maia got KOed by Marquardt, and Palhares went the distance with Hendo. Palhares took some good shots in that fight and almost got Hendo with a heel hook.

-MMAnic

-my first post on this forum

-GO TOQUINHO!!![/quote']

Sorry for flaming you on your first post but this is possibly the most retarded and noobiest thing i have ever read. I cant even be bothered to explain the flaws with this if you dont see it yourself.

Just my opinion between the two' date=' but at least I gave my reasoning instead of resorting to childish name calling. Sorry o great esteemed senior member[/quote']

well good bjj has nothing to do with striking does it or striking defense. If what you were saying is true machida or Anderson is the best as they take the least damage. BJJ is about dominance on the ground, even in mma it is no gi bjj but has nothing to do with how well you kick or how good a shot you take.

well good bjj has nothing to do with striking does it or striking defense. If what you were saying is true machida or Anderson is the best as they take the least damage. BJJ is about dominance on the ground' date=' even in mma it is no gi bjj but has nothing to do with how well you kick or how good a shot you take.[/quote']

I understand your point but if you think a heel hook is a kick be careful who you call a "noob"

I really like Maia and Palhares' date=' but I think if I had to put them in order I would say:

1. Palhares

2. Maia

Part of utilizing BJJ in UFC is to avoid the KO. In competition with top contenders Maia got KOed by Marquardt, and Palhares went the distance with Hendo. Palhares took some good shots in that fight and almost got Hendo with a heel hook. I guess we really won't find out though until we see Maia vs Palhares which is a fight I would love to see. If this thread was titled 'best bjj period' it would be Maia.

[/quote']

I agree with you. In a context of MMA other (outside BJJ) elements should also count even if we evaluate fighters' BJJ. We all have seen what happened to Maia when he "fought" Marquardt. Maia's relatively weak chin has not allowed him to use his flawless BJJ. And let me tell you, Palhares would have not been dropped by Marquardt's punch.

u should really use the search button... but i would have to say demian maia or dustin hazlett.... matt brown and nick diaz also have good BJJ

Say whaaa? I don't think I've ever seen Matt Brown go for any form of technical submission. The guy can strike, and he can hold his own on the ground. But to compare him to Maia and Hazelett in terms of BJJ is insane. Also, I think you mean Nate Diaz.

Gonzaga gettin votes for top in the ufc wtf is that? Def Maia first' date=' Mir second, and then Nog, Almeida, Hazlett in no particular order.[/quote']

Gonzaga is known to be one of the best HW BJJ practitioners in the world. Look him up and you'll see that in the BJJ world Zaga is very well respected, and rightfully so

Archived