If Mir...

So_Amazing

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
beats Carwin easily as he did with Kongo' date=' then I think he will definitely beat Brock, and that he is the best in the world. My reasons are that he is dominating the top fighters of today in the organization with the best heavyweights.

Anyone agree?[/quote']

No.

who has he dominated since 2006 since Chieck Congo, who isnt that good to begin with, though he is a very respectable hw. And Big Nog who had a Staph infection and ended up in the hospital before and after the fight because of the infection. I think he's gonna lose to Brock again if Brock can get back to his former self after missing so much training time

who has he dominated since 2006 since Chieck Congo' date=' who isnt that good to begin with, though he is a very respectable hw. And Big Nog who had a Staph infection and ended up in the hospital before and after the fight because of the infection. I think he's gonna lose to Brock again if Brock can get back to his former self after missing so much training time[/quote']

Kongo has amazing stand up. You can't disagree with that, and Mir knocked him down on stand up, who else ever did that. And don't even make excuses for Nog. You can't take away from Mir's win. Its not like a sick Nog gave him trouble. Mir whipped him.

beats Carwin easily as he did with Kongo' date=' then I think he will definitely beat Brock, and that he is the best in the world. My reasons are that he is dominating the top fighters of today in the organization with the best heavyweights.

Anyone agree?[/quote']

Not exactly. He beat a novice Lesnar, dominated a sick Big Nog, and then got pummeled by Lesnar. Almost killed Kongo, impressively, but lets be serious it was Kongo after all.

Mir is one of the best, but to say he is the best, especially when there is a certain someone out there in StriketotheForce is a bit premature. I'm not sure how you can say that if he beats Carwin he will without a doubt be Lesnar. We all know hes a different type of animal.

Kongo has amazing stand up. You can't disagree with that' date=' and Mir knocked him down on stand up, who else ever did that. And don't even make excuses for Nog. You can't take away from Mir's win. Its not like a [b']sick Nog gave him trouble[/b]. Mir whipped him.

Him being a SICK NOG. Of course a sick Nog didn't give him any trouble, why? He was, you guessed it, SICK

Kongo has amazing stand up. You can't disagree with that' date=' and Mir knocked him down on stand up, who else ever did that. And don't even make excuses for Nog. You can't take away from Mir's win. Its not like a sick Nog gave him trouble. Mir whipped him.[/quote']

yeah kongo has good stand up but do u think brock is going to stand with him??? no i dident think so he is going to take him down and pound the living crap out of mir again.... but u never know... and people need to stop with the whole NOG was sick thing he was obviously cleared by the doctors to fight and he decided to fight when he was not a 100 percent or close so get over it he got tko end of story

Mir in my opinion is the best all around fighter in mma if not the best then tied with fedor once brock has more than 15 fights and he is still on top my opinion will change frank has been consistent and that is what real champions are made of

What? Frank is the best all around fighter in mma? Are you serious?

What about uhm I don't know GSP, BJ Penn, A. Silva?

Kongo has amazing stand up. You can't disagree with that' date=' and Mir knocked him down on stand up, who else ever did that. And don't even make excuses for Nog. You can't take away from Mir's win. Its not like a sick Nog gave him trouble. Mir whipped him.[/quote']

your delusional bro. Mir is super good...everybody knows that, and the punch on congo was a bomb that caught him. Facts remain...mir talks people into thinking hes some super amazing unbeatable guy...hes not, Lesnar will stomp him up again. And I have to admit, i think that if Carwin is 100% after his surgery that i feel hes gonna knock mir out. Lets not forget that Mir isnt really good at taking a punch. Look at his fights against Vera and Cruz, once they landed a solid blow Mir just crumbled. And if Carwin lands 1 solid blow, say goodnight. But if you seriously think Mir is the best heavyweight in the world right now, than your fooling yourself. I could name 4 guys currently that are more talented than him and will achieve more or have already achieved more than Mir will ever in MMA. I love Frank Mirs abilities, but your obviously dillusional about this guy. stop listening to what he says in interviews

Wow ghead n spit up every crap excuse 4 Lesnar losing the 1st time and Nog bein sick. Lesnar NOR Nog gave excuses so they really dont need urs. A win is still a win no matter what the circumstances. 2nd time Brock definately owned Mir. hats off to him. Give the excuses a rest

yeah kongo has good stand up but do u think brock is going to stand with him??? no i dident think so he is going to take him down and pound the living crap out of mir again.... but u never know

Frank will be the one to overpower Brock this time my friend. He has been working on his wrestling, he is a lot stronger now. The first fight Lesner made a mistake, doesn't change anything. The second fight Brock whipped him.

But you will never hear me make an excuse for a fighter. And you shouldn't either.

Its my dream that we become a little bit more like Frank Mir...everyday.

Wow ghead n spit up every crap excuse 4 Lesnar losing the 1st time and Nog bein sick. Lesnar NOR Nog gave excuses so they really dont need urs. A win is still a win no matter what the circumstances. 2nd time Brock definately owned Mir. hats off to him. Give the excuses a rest

Beautiful...

Him being a SICK NOG. Of course a sick Nog didn't give him any trouble' date=' why? He was, you guessed it, SICK[/quote']

if he was so sick then he shouldn't/ couldn't fight. he beat Nog, he beat Lesnar, he is not the best, and enough with excuses. No one should be saying he will win without a doubt if he beats Carwin cuz we dont know if Carwin is that great yet and he did get his face pounded. The glory of MMA is that anyone can win on any given day, excuses or not.

I'm would be more excited for Mir vs Lesnar than Carwin vs Lesnar. However, Mir has to overcome some serious mental strain. If he fights Lesnar again, you know the brutal beating he took will be replaying over and over again. That was a serious beat down he took. I guess what I'm saying is, No I do not agree. But, if Mir is working on bulking up, gets his mind right, it should at least be a closer fight than their 2nd meeting. I do think Mir will get through Carwin.

well i dont think mir has much of a chance due to what dana said brock was telling him about what the doctors said

something like Brock has had this infection for over a year and for a year there is no way he was fighting abouve 50%

so think of it as this Brock at 50% destroyed Mir

so what will Brock do to Mir at 100%

who has he dominated since 2006 since Chieck Congo' date=' who isnt that good to begin with, though he is a very respectable hw. And Big Nog who had a Staph infection and ended up in the hospital before and after the fight because of the infection. I think he's gonna lose to Brock again if Brock can get back to his former self after missing so much training time[/quote']

If he had staph he shouldn't have fought, period. Its his fault for not being prepared for the fight, and the biggest thing about fighting is preparation.

Anyone agree?[/quote']

I'd agree... But I'd also be completely and totally shocked if Mir dominates Carwin. Carwin is pretty close to the same style Brock has, and Mir really hasn't shown any ability to deal with that style at all.

If Mir wins this fight, I think it would happen by lucky submission somewhere from the bottom, not by domination.

Frank will be the one to overpower Brock this time my friend. He has been working on his wrestling' date=' he is a lot stronger now. The first fight Lesner made a mistake, doesn't change anything. The second fight Brock whipped him.

But you will never hear me make an excuse for a fighter. And you shouldn't either.

Its my dream that we become a little bit more like Frank Mir...everyday.[/quote']

who did i make an excuse for?? if you think that frank working on his wrestling for 8 or 9 months is going to help him with the level of wrestler brock is you are jus liveing in a dream world... but who cares i dont really like either one of them... but i will sig bet you when ever the fight happens u already gave me one so i think it is my turn :)

lmao' date=' who the F cares about this thread anyway, its one of the worst i have seen in a couple weeks. clearly its some dude that has no idea what hes talking about and just wants to annoy people....[/quote']

That is where you are wrong my friend, I strongly believe that Mir will be considered the best. What is wrong with that?

who did i make an excuse for?? if you think that frank working on his wrestling for 8 or 9 months is going to help him with the level of wrestler brock is you are jus liveing in a dream world... but who cares i dont really like either one of them... but i will sig bet you when ever the fight happens u already gave me one so i think it is my turn :)

I was replying to the other poster too, sorry for the confusion, and I accept your sig bet.

BJ worked on his BJJ for 2 years and won the world championships. Kos has been wrestling since he was 5 and we know the end of that story. Oh and I'm pretty sure those things didn't happen in my dreams...

Mir in my opinion is the best all around fighter in mma if not the best then tied with fedor once brock has more than 15 fights and he is still on top my opinion will change frank has been consistent and that is what real champions are made of

For the love of God, tell me your'e not serious.

BJ worked on his BJJ for 2 years and won the world championships. Kos has been wrestling since he was 5 and we know the end of that story. Oh and I'm pretty sure those things didn't happen in my dreams...

what does kos have to do with anything we are talking about? is it because he got out wrestled by GSP? I just dont think that Mir will be able to stuff brocks takedowns because he was a 106-5 in his collage wrestling career... but like i said befor anything can happen i just doubt that it will

I don't know about this.

Carwin and Lesnar are different animals. I think it's a good warm up for Lesnar..becuase of the size and strength. But end of the day...they have different styles...and one win doesn't guarantee the other.

Lesnar uses his wrestling as his main tool. Carwin uses explosive strikes.

Cheers

-DR

Guys, no one in the heavyweight division is even close to being as well rounded as Mir is. Excellent ju-jitsu and striking accompanied by his new strength and conditioning program - and to top it off, he has the confidence in himself that most fighters don't have.

This guy is dangerous - he has been a champ and is hungry to win again.

I hope he beats both Carwin and Lesnar just to prove everybody wrong again.

Guys' date=' no one in the heavyweight division is even close to being as well rounded as Mir is. Excellent ju-jitsu and striking accompanied by his new strength and conditioning program - and to top it off, he has the confidence in himself that most fighters don't have.

This guy is dangerous - he has been a champ and is hungry to win again.

I hope he beats both Carwin and Lesnar just to prove everybody wrong again.[/quote']

I'm looking forward to see Mir getting KO'd by Carwin to see noobs like you fade into obscurity again.

Mir is obssessed with beating Brock. if he wants to win he should work on...

- wrestling..takedown defense

- striking

-great submissions

If you are well rounded in all of these areas you will beat Brock and most likely, never lose. i think Mir has the striking. He has the submissions. But what he is lacking is wrestling. i heard that he was working on his wrestling but he was trying to work on his takedowns. LIKE I KNOW HE SHOULD WORK ON THAT BUT. WORK ON TAKEDOWN DEFENSE SO BROCK CAN'T TAKE YOU DOWN. If Brock can't take you down you win. THATS IT. and Mir now has the strength to do it.LATA PPL.

you all dont know mma to much hearing some of the coments you have made about best fighters they would not stand a chance at most first of i agree frank mir is has the best submission in the game in the light heavy weight the dragon got away with a win in his last fight once rampage gets back lookout thats all im saying he should not have lost to griffin as you may have herd about the ufc judges they have been screwed up big time and for middleweight wtf wtf wtf anderson silva will beat the f out of any middleweight,light heavyweight today so take that he crushed forest griffin made him look like a rookie just like he did james irvin georges st pierre is one of the best welterweights ever besides matt hughes a 9 time champion and last bj penn the best lightweight ever so all you who saying these other people are the best have not been to the ufc or have not fought any one like the ufc anderson silva will go down as the best mma fighter of all time along with randy couture you guys think moussie what ever his name is he would get crushed if he fought anybody with credits thats all im done so im gona say and i bet most will agree

HW-FRANK MIR / FEDOR EMELIANENKO

LHW-RAMPAGE JACKSON / LYOTO MACHIDA

MW-ANDERSON SILVA / VITOR BELFORT

WW-GEORGES ST PIERRE / JOSH KOSCHECK

LW-BJ PENN / KENNY FLORIAN

what does kos have to do with anything we are talking about? is it because he got out wrestled by GSP? I just dont think that Mir will be able to stuff brocks takedowns because he was a 106-5 in his collage wrestling career... but like i said befor anything can happen i just doubt that it will

I was simply stating examples of what could be a similar story if Mir can stuff Lesnar's takedowns or even take him down... Remember, MMA is not wrestling, I'm sure Hendo would have probably beaten Rampage in a wrestling match but Rampage beat him in wrestling in mma.

I was simply stating examples of what could be a similar story if Mir can stuff Lesnar's takedowns or even take him down... Remember' date=' MMA is not wrestling, I'm sure Hendo would have probably beaten Rampage in a wrestling match but Rampage beat him in wrestling in mma.[/quote']

oic and yes i know it is not the same it is set up with strikes and that is why gsp is so good at taking people down at the same time though wrestlers have been very dominant in mma... we shall see my friend have to think up a good sig for you to put up after i win :)

oic and yes i know it is not the same it is set up with strikes and that is why gsp is so good at taking people down at the same time though wrestlers have been very dominant in mma... we shall see my friend have to think up a good sig for you to put up after i win :)

Haha you're on!

Archived