Fight to look forward to in 2010

Duckzee

http://mmafrenzy.com/12819/forrest-griffin-vs-antonio-rogerio-nogueira-likely-for-upcoming-ufc-event/

Former light heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin is likely to fight Antonio Rogerio Nogueira in the near future, according to Fighters Only, which reports that the matchup is expected to take place ?sooner rather than later?.

Nogueuria is expected to be able to return in March or April after suffering a broken ankle in December, which forced him to withdraw from a February bout against Brandon Vera.

After losing his title to Rashad Evans in December 2008 and suffering a first-round knockout to Anderson Silva in August, Griffin (17-6), the winner of The Ultimate Fighter 1, rebounded in November with a split decision win over Tito Ortiz.

Nogueira (18-3), a PRIDE and Affliction veteran, made his UFC debut in November with a first-round knockout of Luiz Cane, his sixth-straight win.

Thoughts on the fight, who and how they would win?

Any matches that should be BEFORE this fight?

Etc.

PS. If there is another thread about this , I searched and there was none, so don't start any crap about that.

http://mmafrenzy.com/12819/forrest-griffin-vs-antonio-rogerio-nogueira-likely-for-upcoming-ufc-event/

Thoughts on the fight' date=' who and how they would win?

Any matches that should be BEFORE this fight?

Etc.

PS. If there is another thread about this , I searched and there was none, so don't start any crap about that.[/quote']

my bad didnt see this

Lil Nog will destroy Forrest. Forrest is the most overrated fighter at LHW. It's bad when you can't get more than a split desicion when your opponent is more like a moving punching bag than a competitor for an entire round. Lil Nog via another (T)KO win

most overated fighter? seriosuly come on. its called a gameplan, he did not want to get takendown. a win is a win over a good oppenet. its not forrest's fault his cardio is better than tito right?

He has great cardio, and is without a doubt a great fighter, but when your opponent is a washed up has been that does nothing but let you hit him for 5 straight minutes you should atleast get more than a split desicion. And most overrated at LHW. Most overrated fighter overall would be hard to pick. Think about it. The Rampage fight could've easily gone the other way. Got KOd by Silva, KOd by Rashad, KOd by Jardine, destroyed by Tito in the first fight, and he wouldn't stand a chance against Machida, a non-injured shogun, or most other top contenders. He's a great fighter with great heart and is very talented, he just happens to fall into the deepest talent pool in MMA.

He has great cardio' date=' and is without a doubt a great fighter, but when your opponent is a washed up has been that does nothing but let you hit him for 5 straight minutes you should atleast get more than a split desicion. And most overrated at LHW. Most overrated fighter overall would be hard to pick. Think about it. The Rampage fight could've easily gone the other way. Got KOd by Silva, KOd by Rashad, KOd by Jardine, destroyed by Tito in the first fight, and he wouldn't stand a chance against Machida, a non-injured shogun, or most other top contenders. He's a great fighter with great heart and is very talented, he just happens to fall into the deepest talent pool in MMA.[/quote']

+1

He has great cardio' date=' and is without a doubt a great fighter, but when your opponent is a washed up has been that does nothing but let you hit him for 5 straight minutes you should atleast get more than a split desicion. [b']And most overrated at LHW.[/b] Most overrated fighter overall would be hard to pick. Think about it. The Rampage fight could've easily gone the other way. Got KOd by Silva, KOd by Rashad, KOd by Jardine, destroyed by Tito in the first fight, and he wouldn't stand a chance against Machida, a non-injured shogun, or most other top contenders. He's a great fighter with great heart and is very talented, he just happens to fall into the deepest talent pool in MMA.

dude no offense this is the stupid thing ive ever heard. he did not get killed by tito fight could have gone either way. like i said it was strategy and he did what he had to to win the fight. dont give me " shogun was injured" stop making excuses for him if he wasnt 100% he wouldnt have taken the fight. forrest deff w/o a doubt in the top 6 in LHW division.

That sounds great. Also' date=' about the Forrest being overated, yes he is. But his is far from the most overated fighter. Lesnar takes the cake for that one.

Lil Nog by (T)KO round 2. Unless Forrest proves me wrong like he did Shogun and Rampage.[/quote']

You can say whatever you want about Lesnar I'm not a fan of his but he does get the job done. He won the title and he successfully defended it. That's not overrated. Forrest won title by luck and lost it through total dominated.

You can say whatever you want about Lesnar I'm not a fan of his but he does get the job done. He won the title and he successfully defended it. That's not overrated. Forrest won title by luck and lost it through total dominated.

If Forrest won the title by luck, than the same can be said about Lesnar. I never said Lesnar wasn't good. I said overrated. He's treated as such a big star, but he's very one dimensional. His striking isn't great. I like Forrest(despite the fact that he's overrated) because he's fun to watch. He can fight well in the stand-up and on the ground. Lesnar fights are always double leg takedowns followed by hammer fists, but hey, if it works.

That sounds great. Also' date=' about the Forrest being overated, yes he is. But his is far from the most overated fighter. Lesnar takes the cake for that one.

Lil Nog by (T)KO round 2. Unless Forrest proves me wrong like he did Shogun and Rampage.[/quote']

Yeah um Shogun was injured going into that fight. Forrest couldn't beat a 100% Shogun if he wanted.

Yeah um Shogun was injured going into that fight. Forrest couldn't beat a 100% Shogun if he wanted.

Then he shouldn't have taken the fight. I'm not saying anything bad about Shogun(I believe he should be the champ right now), but injured or not, Forrest did win. Could Forrest do it again? I don't know, he never ceases to surprise me, but I'd still put my money on Shogun.

dude no offense this is the stupid thing ive ever heard. he did not get killed by tito fight could have gone either way. like i said it was strategy and he did what he had to to win the fight. dont give me " shogun was injured" stop making excuses for him if he wasnt 100% he wouldnt have taken the fight. forrest deff w/o a doubt in the top 6 in LHW division.

tito beat him down in the first fight...are you serious? if tito didnt give up in the third round like a little girl forrest would have lost. he is overrated. shogun was injured sorry.

If Forrest won the title by luck' date=' than the same can be said about Lesnar. I never said Lesnar wasn't good. I said overrated. He's treated as such a big star, but he's very one dimensional. His striking isn't great. I like Forrest(despite the fact that he's overrated) because he's fun to watch. He can fight well in the stand-up and on the ground. Lesnar fights are always double leg takedowns followed by hammer fists, but hey, if it works.[/quote']lesnar finished the fight for the title. he also defended his title unlike forrest who won by another decision what a surprise and got knocked out when he tried to defend it. forrest wont be getting another title shot. lil nog will tko him

Archived