Hazlett's Strategy Wasn't a Bad One Against Daley

TapUout1

"Hazlett's strategy to be patient and create distance was a good one. Shooting for a takedown or thinking a clinch would have been easier is insulting to Dustin" Mkick, who's been on here since 2006 laid out his beliefs on the Hazlett/Daley fight. He also owns the MMArmy.com website that has a 'Sticky' above.

Check out his interview on The Rear Naked Choke Show here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2yBGFDRhPQ

http://rearnakedchokeshow.com/

Also Strikeforce Ring Girl Aby Rulloda was on the show discussing her Muy Thai Title, Woman in MMA, being a Ring Girl and Go-Go Dancing.

m_50095fb36d3e65e0602695aadcbf9e-1.jpg[/img]

Hazelett looked real stiff.. he had no head movement' date=' no footwork, and he was standing straight up.. i wasnt surprised when he got TKOd[/quote']

I was certainly hoping the fight went longer, same with the Nate/Maia fight but the strategy to keep distance was good, but in the end he didnt keep enough.

well i think keeping distance was a good idea. however i think continuous shots would have been a better strategy. hazlett has solid take downs and daley isnt exactly known for his defense of takedowns. if he gets the takedown, fights over via submission, if daley stuffs the takedown, it will make the standup alot better for hazlett. daley would be nervous to load up his punches in fear of being out of position when hazlett went for another shot. just my thoughts.

but yes your right about gorgel. bjj blackbelt that always wants to bang. i dont get it. maybe its all the time spent with rich that motivates him to wanna score tko's?

he lost so IMO it is bad strategy

the keeping ur distance strategy would only work if u have something to keep the other guy guessing i.e kicks or faking shoots

but he did not really do ne of that allowing daley to wait and and pick his moment

he was always going to sleep with that strategy

This is why Hazelett needs to switch camps. Training with Jorge Gurgel for MMA is stupid. What's his strategy' date=' stand-up and avoid using jiu-jitsu. Awesome strategy JG![/quote']

I couldn't agree more. Gurgel wins my award for dumbest MMA gameplan for a career of all time. Stay away from your strengths and always play to the opponent's strength. It's even more important when you have really good ju jitsu to...... NEVER USE IT!!! In fact, if the guy gets the fight to the ground and you're on top, do anything you can to let them back up so you can risk getting knocked out again. Hazelett needs to move camps.

I couldn't agree more. Gurgel wins my award for dumbest MMA gameplan for a career of all time. Stay away from your strengths and always play to the opponent's strength. It's even more important when you have really good ju jitsu to...... NEVER USE IT!!! In fact' date=' if the guy gets the fight to the ground and you're on top, do anything you can to let them back up so you can risk getting knocked out again. Hazelett needs to move camps.[/quote']

Lol, Jorge is gonna go down in mma history with a really bad reputation if he doesnt start making some changes.

Archived