Is Forrest Griffin the most overrated fighter in LHW

AllAboutForrest

I think Forrest is all about matchups.There are certains guys that are just too fast and explosive for him.I personally think he is fun to watch and always gives it his all.He will never be a elite fighter,but will always be a fan favorite.His attitude towards the fans makes it possible.

Yes Forrest is overrated. He has a half descent chin and heart. However his skills don't really back it up. Actually fighting wise he is average out of the talent there. He is a fan favorite because he puts on a show. But as far as fighters go' date=' he is nothing more than average.[/quote']

Strongly disagree. Forrest matches up well with top contenders. It is only to the very best(s) that pose(s) a problem for him. He beat Rampage and Shogun...remember that. And BTW his heart is unmatched, he continued fighting while having a broken arm and came through to win the fight.

Yes Forrest is overrated. He has a half descent chin and heart. However his skills don't really back it up. Actually fighting wise he is average out of the talent there. He is a fan favorite because he puts on a show. But as far as fighters go' date=' he is nothing more than average.[/quote']

and this coming from a guy whos tag says Shogun is the Heir to the LHW Throne well for an overrated fighter i recall him choking the life out of shogun

are there guys that can beat him?yes. but i cant think of anyone in the world at lhw that he couldnt give a good fight and stand a chance at winning. i know, i know, silva. yes it was a quick and dominant performance on silvas part but i honestly believe it wouldnt be that simple for silva if they ever fought again. silva backed away and baited him straight into his trap. you cant throw chasing punches on the best counter puncher in the world. im pretty certain he's figured that out now.

are there guys that can beat him?yes. but i cant think of anyone in the world at lhw that he couldnt give a good fight and stand a chance at winning. i know' date=' i know, silva. yes it was a quick and dominant performance on silvas part but i honestly believe it wouldnt be that simple for silva if they ever fought again. silva backed away and baited him straight into his trap. you cant throw chasing punches on the best counter puncher in the world. im pretty certain he's figured that out now.[/quote']

Lol. It would be just as embarassing as the first time. Forrest has the same stand-up. It hasn't changed yet, and it won't. He comes with the same 1-2 combos and so on... That's why Anderson tooled him. He read him like a book.. Joe Rogan even knew what Forrests first combination was going to be? How weird is that...

He is overrated' date=' but at the same time he is one of the most talented people in the LHW division. Some people think he's the best in the world, [b']a lot of people actually[/b]. But he's far from the most overrated. That belongs to Lesnar.
lesnar defended his title once! griffin defended his title= 0 he is overrated and he has pillow hands. all he can do is grind out decisions he has great cardio and a good ground game but his stand up im not a big fan of. every fight he throws these wild kicks that just sail over his opponents head and when he punches i swear he is having a pillow fight.

Im not a Griffin fan but like a previous poster stated, he has put on some real shows, and beat some of the top competition in LHW (shogun, rampage) so he deserves at least some respect. I think because of his last 2 performances he will constantly be judged. Especially against Silva, I mean....who really would have taken that fight, and who really would have not been as embarrassed as Griffin after? I can't even say Machida, Shogun or Rampage would have done any better.....seriously....

lesnar defended his title once! griffin defended his title= 0 he is overrated and he has pillow hands. all he can do is grind out decisions he has great cardio and a good ground game but his stand up im not a big fan of. every fight he throws these wild kicks that just sail over his opponents head and when he punches i swear he is having a pillow fight.

So then Rashad is no more a champ than Griffin. I agree, 1 title defense deserves that title. At least Rampage defended against Hendo.

This is the first time i have heard someone ask if Forrest is OVERRATED as it is usually underrated. I have heard many Pros talk of how highly the other fighters regard Griffin and you only need to see his record to see he deserves respect. IMO He is not the best fighter in the LHW division but he is definetley top 7 in the world.

I think Forrest is all about matchups.There are certains guys that are just too fast and explosive for him.I personally think he is fun to watch and always gives it his all.He will never be a elite fighter' date='but will always be a fan favorite.His attitude towards the fans makes it possible.[/quote']

Forrest has already reached elite status. But ya matchups help him alot. In general if he fights someone that lacks KO power he's pretty much guaranteed to win. Beating Forrest by decision is pretty hard you pretty much need to knock him out to win. His game plan saved him when he fought Rampage.

i def don't think Forrest is overrated hes showed he can stand with the best LHW fighters in the UFC and is not afraid to strike with any of them. he worked his way to a title shot and after losing has been fighting top contenders non stop i give it up to Forrest hes got heart.

Im not a Griffin fan but like a previous poster stated' date=' he has put on some real shows, and beat some of the top competition in LHW (shogun, rampage) so he deserves at least some respect. I think because of his last 2 performances he will constantly be judged. Especially against Silva, I mean....who really would have taken that fight, and who really would have not been as embarrassed as Griffin after? I can't even say Machida, Shogun or Rampage would have done any better.....seriously....[/quote']

Well said

What? Forrest is over-rated?

Shall we begin?

LOL

Must of killed you to watch Griffen choke Rua out.

BTW i havent`heard Rua say anything about wanting another shot at Griffen.

Must be scared of that wicked ground game.

yaa i like someone else said i think your just angry griffin choked him out. cuz in no way is he the most overrated. In the last 3-4 yrs he faced the hardest competition out their. Never backs out of a fight. honselty, who else could beat silva. half the LHW if they got asked to fight him they'd say no. wow, have decent heart? are you serious. If pretty sure you have to have talent to submit shogun.

Archived