Tito Ortiz

horrorfan663

Why do people discredit Tito?? Please tell me, you say he isn't a good fighter? look at the people he has beaten for christ sake:

Wanderlai Silva

Vitor Belfort (Destroyed)

Patrick Cote (Destroyed)

Ken Shamrock (Destroyed 3X)

Forrest Griffin

Evan Tanner (Destroyed)

Guy Mezger

Elvis Sinosic (Destroyed)

He went to Draw with Rashad Evans, Judges had Tito Winning until he grabbed the fence defending a takedown and got deducted 1 point.

I just think it is ridiculous for people to say he doesn't deserve to be in the UFC, sure he talks a lot, it's for entertainment sorry he isn't a corporate robot.

He lost to great fighters in Randy Couture, Chuck Liddel, and Lyoto Machida, But he put his heart out in each fight. So why don't you guys like him?

I proudly say I am a huge Tito hater. But I think most people hate him for the same reason as I do, He's a giant TOOL! He talks ridiculous trash, he makes excuses and cries when he loses, and he gets to bang Jenna Jamison. However, I admit, he has won some serious fights and deserves to be in the hall of fame. (That was really hard to say)

I know it is just really upsetting to see my fav LHW getting downsized by people who obviously don't know what they're talking about.

Sorry for the rant, but it also Pisses me off they don't say anything about Chuck Liddel!

How many times has he been knocked out now?? the man they say couldn't be knocked out, lol and he wants another comeback. Now i am not saying he can't do it, Chuck Liddel is amazing and If Randy Couture can do it so can he, but that many devastating KO's in a row.

I know it is just really upsetting to see my fav LHW getting downsized by people who obviously don't know what they're talking about.

Sorry for the rant' date=' but it also Pisses me off they don't say anything about Chuck Liddel!

How many times has he been knocked out now?? the man they say couldn't be knocked out, lol and he wants another comeback. Now i am not saying he can't do it, Chuck Liddel is amazing and If Randy Couture can do it so can he, but that many devastating KO's in a row.[/quote']

you didnt actually read the thread before you replied, did you?

cause he has the biggest ego ever and the worst attitude ever and he's a boring as f*** fighter, that while he was saying he was p4p #1 he was avoiding chuck liddell, and just cause he's good at lay n pray doesn't mean he destroyed belfort.

worst dude ever!

Sorry for getting "Off Topic" but lets be honest in the Tito Vs. Liddel Rematch Titio Will WRECK! Liddel.

Before you all freak just hear out my logic:

Tito Has proven that while Chuck has gotten him in the past, Tito can compete with the new generation, Beating Griffin, basically Beating Rashad, and going the distance with Machida all give him credit to prove he is staying in shape.

Liddel has lost like all of his fights since losing the belt except the WAR with Silva (great match)

his last decent fight was back somewhere in 2005 .. and that was only like one.. the next leap would have to be early 2000's .. the dude has so many excuses to why he loses .. he compares everyone to himself... he commentates worse than a 1st grader .. his woman is str8 nasty .. say what you want about a **** star but when it comes down to it thats just nasty .. every time he loses he still points up the number one finger .. TOOL !!

It's just excuse after excuse. People not liking Tito has nothing to do with their knowledge of MMA. That's stupid. The guy is a child, he talks alot of ****, mostly cannot back it up (At least now) and in losing, what do we hear? Always things like "I was not 100%." He is simply not a man.

you know what i agree with you tito is one of the best in the LHW div and he would have won that fight with evans if it were not for the grab of the cage he went distance with machida alomst caught him in the end and he was fighting all these fights injured and did dam well only one really knocked him out was chuck and he barley was knocked out he got poked ion the eye i tito just has this problem with chuck just like other fighters that cant win agaist one fighter heath herring cant beat antonio nog chuck cant beat rampage and so on but tito will beat chuck i believe this time when they fight this summer they are the coaches in the next ultimate fighter but yes tito has beat down a whos who list of mma fighters and the in the rematch 3 months ago tito i believe edged out that win tito won the first round easy no dam way forest should have got a 10-8 round in the last if that was the case tito should have got an 10 - 8 in the first but what ever not bad for the first fight he has after that long layoff he loooked awsome thats the only reson he gased tito is know for his cardo big time you watch i think tito will be lhw champ again he was the longest chapion in ufc history so like you said tito had to be good

Sorry for getting "Off Topic" but lets be honest in the Tito Vs. Liddel Rematch Titio Will WRECK! Liddel.

Before you all freak just hear out my logic:

Tito Has proven that while Chuck has gotten him in the past' date=' Tito can compete with the new generation, Beating Griffin, basically Beating Rashad, and going the distance with Machida all give him credit to prove he is staying in shape.

Liddel has lost like all of his fights since losing the belt except the WAR with Silva (great match)[/quote']

liddel was looking good agaist RUA who as u no, could be the champ. liddel will KO tito and then tito will say he had a stomach ache

i think tito has a good shot too - actually i cant wait to see this matchup, i would love to see chuck ko him, but i would also love to see tito get his revenge, its a win win for me -

i dont see anything rejuvinating lidells career at this point, i feel like the combination is busted with him, but i could see tito having a chance of returning to previous form.

the loser of this fight should probobly hang it up i think

you know what i agree with you tito is one of the best in the LHW div and he would have won that fight with evans if it were not for the grab of the cage he went distance with machida alomst caught him in the end and he was fighting all these fights injured and did dam well only one really knocked him out was chuck and he barley was knocked out he got poked ion the eye i tito just has this problem with chuck just like other fighters that cant win agaist one fighter heath herring cant beat antonio nog chuck cant beat rampage and so on but tito will beat chuck i believe this time when they fight this summer they are the coaches in the next ultimate fighter but yes tito has beat down a whos who list of mma fighters and the in the rematch 3 months ago tito i believe edged out that win tito won the first round easy no dam way forest should have got a 10-8 round in the last if that was the case tito should have got an 10 - 8 in the first but what ever not bad for the first fight he has after that long layoff he loooked awsome thats the only reson he gased tito is know for his cardo big time you watch i think tito will be lhw champ again he was the longest chapion in ufc history so like you said tito had to be good

That is the longest run on sentence I have ever seen in my life!!! Sorry dude, I wasn't even able to read it.

he sells big fights and tito brings alot og noise so deal with it and he always will sell out arenas where ever he gose he is the longest champ in ufc history over a whos who list of fighters so all you people who hate him tito is back and he will be champ again id bet on it and alot of others do too..

idiot yea ok 2005 pr 2006 bs tito has fought nothing but champions liddel,liddel,forest,evans,machida every one of his last 4 or 5 fights has been agaist lhw champions he shoold have beat evans grabing cage caused that he should have won the rematch with forest he did gas but has been laid up for a year give him credit for fighting forest his first fight after a year layoff he did pretty dam good most guys dont jump right in against a top 5 fighter even thoguh i dont think he is top 5 maybe top 10 but anyway tito is back for one reason to claim the lhw title

Come on its fun to make fun off Tito! He makes it so easy! That Tito excuse thread awhile back was hilarious! lighten up everyone! Tito has skillz but I dont think he will ever be the champ again. just sayin....

yea he wont. even if he beats chuck... where does that put him? and if he looses? strikeforce bound

he sells big fights and tito brings alot og noise so deal with it and he always will sell out arenas where ever he gose he is the longest champ in ufc history over a whos who list of fighters so all you people who hate him tito is back and he will be champ again id bet on it and alot of others do too..

tito ortiz will NEVER EVER' date=' be a champ again.

[b']

NEVER[/b]

I'm from Northern Ireland, mma still really taking off over here, I started watching ufc when tito was lhw champion.

Think I was one of very few that didn't just see mma as people just lying around on top of each other! (i.e a little gay) lol

What I'm saying is tito was the first fighter I really liked, so I'll always root for him when he fights, no matter how much he acts like an a**!

And he gave Machida a real scare with that choke!! lol

Apart from Shogun, he's defo tested Machida more than anyone else in the octagon.

Everyone he has beat that isn't a can (most are cans though) has improved since then and he hasn't. Ken Shamrock was a can by that stage also, prime or not. His day of MMA had much weaker competition and he was also one of the heavier fighters (no weight classes back then).

...punctuation....

I'm from Northern Ireland' date=' mma still really taking off over here, I started watching ufc when tito was lhw champion.

Think I was one of very few that didn't just see mma as people just lying around on top of each other! (i.e a little gay) lol

What I'm saying is tito was the first fighter I really liked, so I'll always root for him when he fights, no matter how much he acts like an a**!

And he gave Machida a real scare with that choke!! lol

[b']Apart from Shogun, he's defo tested Machida more than anyone else in the octagon[/b].

machidas fight with bj penn is pretty awesome. one of me faves...though that wasnt in the octagon...bj gave him some trouble.

Thanks you just nearly killed me trying to read that, I need go outside for air, brb.

Back.

I like Tito and could care less about his whining/excuses, guy goes to war and has bigger nads than 90% of us on these boards, infact bigger than all of us on these boards.

I do understand why a lot dislike him but thats upto them, I think he alright.

Destroyed belfort yea right belfort should have won that fight

If you think two little outbursts of punches would be enough to stop The Huntington Beach Bad Boy you are wrong my friend. Vitor had nothing, except those two little outbursts and he gassed after them too while Tito remained calm and let loose his deadly and infamous G N P

Tito was a great fighter and is still top 10 probably. He is suffering from Matt Hughes syndrome. Guy was amazing but the top tier of MMA has passed them by. Niether is sufficently good beyond their specialties to compete with the younger more well rounded crop of new talent.

I like the way he used to be able to fight he did not lay and pray like people say he did he stayed busy when on top of his opponent and was able to mess guys up from in there gaurd with elbows and punches. I dont really like him as a person though just because of the way he makes excuses when he looses. Why does everytime a tito thread pops up theres is someone who has to say something about his wife??? She was a **** star so the **** what?

Tito was a great fighter and is still top 10 probably. He is suffering from Matt Hughes syndrome. Guy was amazing but the top tier of MMA has passed them by. Niether is sufficently good beyond their specialties to compete with the younger more well rounded crop of new talent.

But see that is the thing he tests the newer guys more than anyone else can pushing and beating in my opinion Rashad Evans, He pushed and Beat Forrest Griffin, he pushed Lyoto Machida more than he had been in the UFC Before, he has what it takes to be the top dog again just like Randy Couture. But it could be when he is 46 that he becomes LHW Champ again I don't think so though.

It is gonna happen sooner rather than later.

But I absolutely Love Tito Ortiz, besides Lesnar, he has the most charisma in the Octagon.

(Lesnar is a close 2)

But see that is the thing he tests the newer guys more than anyone else can pushing and beating in my opinion Rashad Evans' date=' He pushed and Beat Forrest Griffin, he pushed Lyoto Machida more than he had been in the UFC Before, he has what it takes to be the top dog again just like Randy Couture. But it could be when he is 46 that he becomes LHW Champ again I don't think so though.

It is gonna happen sooner rather than later.

But I absolutely Love Tito Ortiz, besides Lesnar, he has the most charisma in the Octagon.

(Lesnar is a close 2)[/quote']

I'm not sure what fight you were watching but outside a last second triangle did Ortiz even touch Machida in that fight? Machinda kept his distance, stuffed every take down attempt by Tito and counter punched the hell out of him.

Until Ortiz finds some kind of striking game he will not be top dog again. Any fight where his opponent is able to stuff the majority of his take down attempts and keeps it on their feet, Ortiz loses by decision or TKO.

Like it or not, Tito is a gatekeeper at best right now in the UFC. I think he would be much better server to go to Strikeforce when his contract is up.

I'm not sure what fight you were watching but outside a last second triangle did Ortiz even touch Machida in that fight? Machinda kept his distance' date=' stuffed every take down attempt by Tito and counter punched the hell out of him.

Until Ortiz finds some kind of striking game he will not be top dog again. Any fight where his opponent is able to stuff the majority of his take down attempts and keeps it on their feet, Ortiz loses by decision or TKO.

Like it or not, Tito is a gatekeeper at best right now in the UFC. I think he would be much better server to go to Strikeforce when his contract is up.[/quote']

Dont EVER Say Tito Should go to that 3rd world organization they call Strikeforce!!!

Curious. As a Tito fan would you rather see him relegated to gatekeeper status or being an instant contender for a belt in a newer organization?

I want to see him in the greatest organization in the World where he belongs where he owned for 3 years the UFC. He will win again, he will be inducted into the hall of fame.

it wouldn't be too upsetting to see him win a title in another organization

(EXCEPT Strikeforce)

I sometimes wonder if Tito really is the tool he portrays himself as. I had never watched "The Apprentice" and have never watched it since but I did watch when he was on. Every minute of every episode he was totally cool, co-operative, generous, thoughtful and well mannered. Just didn't seem like him at all so it could be he is just playing a heel so to speak to further his mma career.

Archived