Favorite Japanese Fighter

Marshall498

Im not going to lie I loved Pride when it was out and going strong it showcased so many great Japanese fighters. I know everyone is talking about Aoki and how hes the man to beat BJ but there are a ton of fighters from the land of the rising sun, Personally my top favorites:

1) Sakuraba- The Gracie Hunter- The nickname says it all, I mean thats pretty ****ing bad **** when you think about it, sure Wandy beat him and a bunch of others, but I think he is so ****in awsome as a fighter.

2) Mach Sakurai- I think this guy got shafted in his UFC opertunity facing Matt Hughes, I mean the guy is a small 170lbs and normally fights at 155 so to through him against the bull that was Matt Hughes seemed a little unfair.

3) Ryo Chonan- plain and simple he through a flying scissors take down to a heel hook on Anderson Silva and won. I mean he may not be the greatest fighter but to pull out that **** against a guy who is beathing your **** is pretty awsome.

Im not going to lie I loved Pride when it was out and going strong it showcased so many great Japanese fighters. I know everyone is talking about Aoki and how hes the man to beat BJ but there are a ton of fighters from the land of the rising sun' date=' Personally my top favorites:

1) Sakuraba- The Gracie Hunter- The nickname says it all, I mean thats pretty ****ing bad **** when you think about it, sure Wandy beat him and a bunch of others, but I think he is so ****in awsome as a fighter.

2) Mach Sakurai- I think this guy got shafted in his UFC opertunity facing Matt Hughes, I mean the guy is a small 170lbs and normally fights at 155 so to through him against the bull that was Matt Hughes seemed a little unfair.

3) Ryo Chonan- plain and simple he through a flying scissors take down to a heel hook on Anderson Silva and won. I mean he may not be the greatest fighter but to pull out that **** against a guy who is beathing your **** is pretty awsome.[/quote']

Definately Sakuraba.

LOL I know' date=' my avatar is Royce and I say my favorite Japanese fighter is Sakuraba. Kind of a oxymoron. But Sakuraba was so creative and was just a hell of a fighter that its hard not to like him.[/quote']

Very true man I understand, I loved watching Royce and all the Gracies fight and on a side note I just plain old like looking at Kyra Gracie lol...way hotter then Gina...

But Sakuraba's style was taylored to beat the best bjj and he did over and over again

Very true man I understand' date=' I loved watching Royce and all the Gracies fight and on a side note I just plain old like looking at Kyra Gracie lol...way hotter then Gina...

But Sakuraba's style was taylored to beat the best bjj and he did over and over again[/quote']

Agreed. Would have like to see him fight Rickson back in the day because when he was fighting Royler they seemed to be hyping that that fight would happen.

Oh and I completely agree with you on Kyra.

Agreed. Would have like to see him fight Rickson back in the day because when he was fighting Royler they seemed to be hyping that that fight would happen.

Oh and I completely agree with you on Kyra.

I just think Sakuraba had the Gracie families number, I mean he beat what 4 of them and Royce twice?

Archived