Chris Tuscherer laughs at Frank Mir thinking his added weight will matter

Amun

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Tuchscherer-suggest-a-bigger-Mir-will-mean-littl?urn=mma,215250

"Brock is a different human being. He's a beast. He's a whole other animal. I've never felt the strength of a human like him" (from audio interview)

"Frank Mir can put on all the weight he wants but when you're not someone who is used to having all that weight on you, you still have to know how to use that muscle weight."

"It's not like if he puts on 30 pounds of muscle that he's just going to all of a sudden be this monster of a guy. Learning how to control someone on the ground that's what Brock does the best."

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Tuchscherer-suggest-a-bigger-Mir-will-mean-littl?urn=mma' date='215250

"Brock is a different human being. He's a beast. He's a whole other animal. I've never felt the strength of a human like him" (from audio interview)

"Frank Mir can put on all the weight he wants but when you're not someone who is used to having all that weight on you, you still have to know how to use that muscle weight."

"It's not like if he puts on 30 pounds of muscle that he's just going to all of a sudden be this monster of a guy. Learning how to control someone on the ground that's what Brock does the best."[/quote']

It's not untrue at the least.

Being big and muscular and actually being strong are two different animals. But Mir is an Athlete, and I'm sure with his new top noth strength training guys he's not exacly JUST putting on size.

But they are right. brock is a different animal. He's a massive, super strong heavyweight with way more fast twitch fibers in his muscles than any heavyweight should have lol.

Can Mir's new muscle help him out? Absolutely, but only if he's training to deal with Brocks speed and strength at the same time. I think with the right game plan Mir can take Brock on this one, and do it in convincing fashion. But if he isn't doing it the right way, and just comes in thinking all he needed was strength it'll be more of the same.

Skill > size every day of the week. But there are freaks of nature out there that defy all of that logic. They are rare breeds not often seen. I've seen 130lb guys that can bench 300+ lbs at the speed of HOLY CRAP!

Brock is one of those guys times 5. I don't like him and really hope Mir wins. But the fact of the matter is this. Brock isn't a normal guy. People will eventually figure him out. But for now, just enjoy the show.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Tuchscherer-suggest-a-bigger-Mir-will-mean-littl?urn=mma' date='215250

"It's not like if he puts on 30 pounds of muscle that he's just going to all of a sudden be this monster of a guy. Learning how to control someone on the ground that's what Brock does the best."[/quote']

wanna know a secret about your sig?

He got owned because he lost that sig bet to me...that's what I told him to put there

There will be others around here who will have that same sig once they lose a sig bet with me on Mir vs Lesnar 3

Who in the world is this guy to talk about Mir in this way. I realize he trains with Brock but isn't this the guy who is 0-1 in the ufc and got KO'd by Gabriel Gonzaga in like 2 minutes.

P.S. He looks like he belongs on that Dinosaurs claymation show from the mid 90's.

http://iveysstory.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/dinosaurs.jpg

http://www.ufc.com/ChrisTuchscherer

Who in the world is this guy to talk about Mir in this way. I realize he trains with Brock but isn't this the guy who is 0-1 in the ufc and got KO'd by Gabriel Gonzaga in like 2 minutes.

P.S. He looks like he belongs on that Dinosaurs claymation show from the mid 90's.

http://iveysstory.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/dinosaurs.jpg

After taking the UFC's biggest kick in the balls!

Being big and muscular and actually being strong are two different animals. But Mir is an Athlete' date=' and I'm sure with his new top noth strength training guys he's not exacly JUST putting on size.

But they are right. brock is a different animal. He's a massive, super strong heavyweight with way more fast twitch fibers in his muscles than any heavyweight should have lol.

Can Mir's new muscle help him out? Absolutely, but only if he's training to deal with Brocks speed and strength at the same time. I think with the right game plan Mir can take Brock on this one, and do it in convincing fashion. But if he isn't doing it the right way, and just comes in thinking all he needed was strength it'll be more of the same.

Skill > size every day of the week. But there are freaks of nature out there that defy all of that logic. They are rare breeds not often seen. I've seen 130lb guys that can bench 300+ lbs at the speed of HOLY CRAP!

Brock is one of those guys times 5. I don't like him and really hope Mir wins. But the fact of the matter is this. Brock isn't a normal guy. People will eventually figure him out. But for now, just enjoy the show.[/quote']

Good post

Being big and muscular and actually being strong are two different animals. But Mir is an Athlete' date=' and I'm sure with his new top noth strength training guys he's not exacly JUST putting on size.

Brock is one of those guys times 5. I don't like him and really hope Mir wins. But the fact of the matter is this. Brock isn't a normal guy. People will eventually figure him out. But for now, just enjoy the show.[/quote']Good post but I don't agree with people figuring Brock out. Besides the fact that incredible strength, speed, and athleticism can't be figured out, and they are attributes that cannot be learned, it has to also be taken into consideration how fast Brock is learning, and how quick he picks things up being the athlete he is. It's scary to think how good Brock can get as he's improving at an incredibly fast rate. He's only getting better.

Brock is one of those guys times 5. I don't like him and really hope Mir wins. But the fact of the matter is this. Brock isn't a normal guy. People will eventually figure him out. But for now, just enjoy the show.[/quote']

agree

The reason for the muscle isnt to overpower Brock. It's so when he goes for that sweep, or he applies that choke, or he goes to defend against the take down he will have more on his side to successfully complete these goals. Now, I know Techscherer isnt sure what it is to be a mixed martial artist. But you find your holes, and you fix them. Mir knows hes going to get dumped on his head, Mir knows Brock is going to lay on him again. So what does he do? Gets to where he needs to be to be able to get up and defend. I think I would rather hear MMA advice from Oscar the Grouch.

the reason for the muscle isnt to overpower brock. It's so when he goes for that sweep' date=' or he applies that choke, or he goes to defend against the take down he will have more on his side to successfully complete these goals. Now, i know techscherer isnt sure what it is to be a mixed martial artist. But you find your holes, and you fix them. Mir knows hes going to get dumped on his head, mir knows brock is going to lay on him again. So what does he do? Gets to where he needs to be to be able to get up and defend.[b'] i think i would rather hear mma advice from oscar the grouch[/b].

hahahahaha

The reason for the muscle isnt to overpower Brock. It's so when he goes for that sweep' date=' or he applies that choke, or he goes to defend against the take down he will have more on his side to successfully complete these goals. Now, I know Techscherer isnt sure what it is to be a mixed martial artist. But you find your holes, and you fix them. Mir knows hes going to get dumped on his head, Mir knows Brock is going to lay on him again. So what does he do? Gets to where he needs to be to be able to get up and defend. I think I would rather hear MMA advice from Oscar the Grouch.[/quote']BJJ was never about bulk strength, it's about leverage, technique and explosiveness. Fedor isn't huge by any means, but his core strength and hips are what make him explosive.

It actually goes against the principal's of BJJ to focus on bulking up as it makes you gas quicker and weighs you down. Ideally a BJJ practicioner is quick, nimble and has a great gas tank to see them in the later rounds.

funny how people are completely overlooking Carwin and think there will be a Lesner vs Mir 3.

Personally I don't want to see it. I really don't like rematches to tell you the truth. Whether you were ready for the fight or not doesn't really matter, you took the fight and the outcome is what it is. Look at W Silva for instance. He dominated Rampage twice, but took the 3rd and now that's the fight they will judge them by when both names are mentioned. As far as the weight thing...good luck. I agree with Wirerat completely.

The reason for the muscle isnt to overpower Brock. It's so when he goes for that sweep' date=' or he applies that choke, or he goes to defend against the take down he will have more on his side to successfully complete these goals. Now, I know Techscherer isnt sure what it is to be a mixed martial artist. But you find your holes, and you fix them. Mir knows hes going to get dumped on his head, Mir knows Brock is going to lay on him again. So what does he do? Gets to where he needs to be to be able to get up and defend. I think I would rather hear MMA advice from Oscar the Grouch.[/quote']

Mir is adding weight because he think size is the only reason Brock beat him.

Brock is used to tossing people around his size. So it was easier to hold Mir down when he was 20 - 30 pounds lighter, but by no means is 20 - 30 pounds going to stop Brock from putting him on the ground and into a position he likes.

Either one can win the rematch, but looking at the way the first two fights went, Brock is going to make Mir look like a little Bitc* again. First fight Mir even admitted he was in a bad spot and after Maz interference he was put in a worst position. Brock was just stupid and gave Mir a leg

This is why I hate the Mir/Brock/Fedor bullsh*t. People cannot look objectively at the fights. Mir can easily sub Brock because he does not have the experience or training Mir does. Brock can Donkey kong punch Mir till he cries like a three year old girl, because he is built like a brick house and has the wrestling experience to back himself.

Neither are unbeatable and both have huge holes in their games.

The more Mir focuses on his striking and size the less he is working on his already great JJ which is his bread and butter. Add size, gas quicker.

Think your the next greatest striker ever, he will get KO'ed against the next clean striker around.

Yes he knocked down Kongo, but please do not rate one punch as him being an all new great striker. Could be he is, could be that it was a lucky punch. If he could consistently throw like that then yes he will have proven his striking to be that good, but he has yet to proove the new striking.

Mir better focus on Carwin and not let the prospect of stalking/fighting Lesnar distract him. Carwin has the capability of knocking him out.

If Mir gets past Carwin, his best chance against Lesnar will be his stand up. So IMO he needs to work on his take down defence and striking.

If it goes to the ground, he's just going to get mauled again. Probably even worse this time.

And God forbid Lesnar ever figures out how to do an armbar. We'll need a calculator to count the number of broken bones. He's one of those guys that are just so strong they don't even realize it.

Yes you're right, BUT if Mir can neutralize Brocks skill, I think Mir can out technique him. Who knows, we'll have to watch.

In the mean time, throw Kongo or something at him so we can watch.

Yes you're right' date=' BUT if Mir can neutralize Brocks skill, I think Mir can out technique him. Who knows, we'll have to watch.

In the mean time, throw Kongo or something at him so we can watch.[/quote']Brock's skill is his wrestling, I don't see any way Mir can neutralize NCAA div 1 champion wrestling pedigree.

Brock is the one who should worry!

Chris Tuscherer is just Brocks follow behind boy......and he Knows Mir would Break his arm...lol

Brocks sucess was only due to a few reasons.

1. Chest to chest and arm control of one of Franks Hands.

2. Flying knee that Mir did he went to the ground on his back.

3. A rolling Knee bar attempt to early in the fight by Mir that allowed Brock to get on top early in the fight.

Next fight frank will :

1. Step to the side.

2. limit leg kicks

3. Nail Brock with strikes and not go for submissions until he has Brock Hurt

4. take Brock into the later rounds....keep him on his feet...he will gas.

Chris Tuscherer knows nothing about nothing.

Mir will win....No doubts!

Rolles Gracie of the illustrious Gracie family just said the exact same thing as Chris Tuscherter.

Here:

http://www.tatame.com/2010/01/21/Rolles-Gracie

Who do you think that may be the perfect game to beat Brock Lesnar?

"He gets better on each fight. It has to feel the fight, use some entrance of him. Power won’t work against him, because he’s the strongest on this category... To beat him has to be on technique, and that Jiu-Jitsu have a lot."

Brock is the one who should worry!

Chris Tuscherer is just Brocks follow behind boy......and he Knows Mir would Break his arm...lol

Brocks sucess was only due to a few reasons.

1. Chest to chest and arm control of one of Franks Hands.

2. Flying knee that Mir did he went to the ground on his back.

3. A rolling Knee bar attempt to early in the fight by Mir that allowed Brock to get on top early in the fight.

Next fight frank will :

1. Step to the side.

2. limit leg kicks

3. Nail Brock with strikes and not go for submissions until he has Brock Hurt

4. take Brock into the later rounds....keep him on his feet...he will gas.

Chris Tuscherer knows nothing about nothing.

Mir will win....No doubts!

Limit leg kicks lol... Last time Frank did that Brock dropped him, did you watch the first fight? Why Mir rolled for a sub is becauses it was his only chance. Why he threw the knee is because he couldn't stop Brock's takedowns so he gave it his best shot to KO him and it didn't work. He is putting on weight specifically because he knows the fight won't go to the later rounds, he tried that last time because being heavier makes you gas faster.

I dislike both Lesnar and Mir...

That being said Mir will not neutralize Brocks wrestling. And Mir's Bjj means nothing against a really good wrestler. Look at the early days of the UFC where Severn fought Gracie for a full 15 minutes being chest to chest with him and Gracie was not able to do anything at that time. This was with Severn having 0 knowledge of Bjj. Now I'm not saying Brock has a vast knowledge of Bjj or even knows how to pull off any submissions but he does know that the best defense against Bjj is chest to chest until you can transition to side control. There are very few submissions that can be slipped on in side control from the bottom or when your opponent is chest to chest.

This essentially makes Mir's JJ and his added size a mute point.

Amun' date=' Mir did a good job before.. you know... lasting almost 2 whole rounds and all..

my argument isn't who is better, its who will look better this time through.

I think Mir will make more of the improvement, and I think Mir will be able to neutralize Brocks superior wrestling.[/quote']Yeah Mir did a great job getting pummeled for all but about 8 seconds of their two fights.

In reality, Mir took advantage of a very green Lesnar in the first fight, and a dicey call by Mazzagatti, and as soon as the second fight happened and Brock had a little more experience Mir got completely destroyed.

theres a whole difference between being strong in the gym and strong on the mat

Archived