Terry etim seriously wtf?

aethlefirth

So I was watching MMA live the other day and news came through that TERRY ETIM will be fighting again soon at UFC 112 I believe, YEAH! I thought but then came the biatch of it all on the pre-lims again they say..................what has this guy gotta do to get on the main card its really starting to piss me off.

Those of you who don’t know him here are his stats so far

He is a 24 year old from the UK 155lb weight class

Professional record breakdown

16 MATCHES ------------14WINS -------- 2 LOSSES

BY KO------------------------ 2-------------------0

BY SUB---------------------11-------------------0

BY DECISION---------------1------------------2

Yes that’s right a British fighter with 11 submission wins.

He has fought seven times in the UFC and won five with only 2 decision losses and is currently on a four fight winning streak.

So any like minds pleaser vote do you want to see this fighter on the main card where he deserves to

He hasn't got enough of a profile to be on the main card yet, not enough people know him for him to be marketable. When he fights some bigger names he'll be there. Suffering from Sotiropoulos syndrome at the moment. He deserves to be there, but he's not enough of a draw for him to be there.

I think the time will come very soon ( and rightfully so!), but the main card is far too strong for 112 and the timing just doesn't seem to be right. His first main card appearance will be against a bigger name, and it seems to me that most of the fighters who would fit that bill have already signed other fights or just fought.

He hasn't got enough of a profile to be on the main card yet' date=' not enough people know him for him to be marketable. When he fights some bigger names he'll be there. Suffering from Sotiropoulos syndrome at the moment. He deserves to be there, but he's not enough of a draw for him to be there.[/quote']

Completely agree. He needs a reasonably big name to fight in order to gain the profile needed to be on the main card. But at LW, most of the big names are tied up fighting each other, so it's not easy.

He'll get there though. Terry Etim has a lot of potential.

nice thread, i agree he should be on the main cards

they just keep throwing some lower tier guys at him who arent even in his league

i would like to see him against melvin guillard, kurt pellegrino or clay guida

i think they are a few names that would give him a decent fight with a decent boost up the rankings if he were to win impressively

x

He hasn't got enough of a profile to be on the main card yet' date=' not enough people know him for him to be marketable. When he fights some bigger names he'll be there. Suffering from Sotiropoulos syndrome at the moment. He deserves to be there, but he's not enough of a draw for him to be there.[/quote']

I agree with this totally - Terry Etim is awesome, but is a complete nobody to anyone except the fans who scour the net for videos and read the mags for articles etc.

BUT

How is he supposed to become a bigger draw unless his win streak is rewarded with a place on a main card, so people can SEE him being awesome.

I'm a big believer that a win streak on the prelims should be rewarded with a chance to take down a name, in much the same way Jon jones was given a high-profile chance to make an impression at the TUF10 Final/Kimbo showcase.

I agree with this totally - Terry Etim is awesome' date=' but is a complete nobody to anyone except the fans who scour the net for videos and read the mags for articles etc.

BUT

How is he supposed to become a bigger draw unless his win streak is rewarded with a place on a main card, so people can SEE him being awesome.

I'm a big believer that a win streak on the prelims should be rewarded with a chance to take down a name, in much the same way Jon jones was given a high-profile chance to make an impression at the TUF10 Final/Kimbo showcase.[/quote']

spot on

im alright with it and terry is my favourite fighter in the UFC. he deserves a higher profile opponent, stiffer competition, but at 24 like you said, For now, i don't mind pre-lim fights or undercard shows, because he can & will obviously get main card events in the near future. He has time and alot of other fighters don't nescessarily.

i was really hoping he got to fight nate diaz or sotiropolous.

im alright with it and terry is my favourite fighter in the UFC. he deserves a higher profile opponent' date=' stiffer competition, but at 24 like you said, For now, i don't mind pre-lim fights or undercard shows, because he can & will obviously get main card events in the near future. He has time and alot of other fighters don't nescessarily.

i was really hoping he got to fight nate diaz or sotiropolous.[/quote']

they would be great fights both

Archived