Too many friends

fawley

I think little Nog has the potential to win the title at LHW, but could stumble against Anderson Silva and Machida. What happens if these 3 all end up in contention. Do they refuse to fight each other because they are friends?

Its also the same in the WW division with Kos and Fitch, Hardy and Daley.

I think that Dana should write it into the contracts that they will fight whoever they are told to, and refusal could mean breach of contract.

I hope that these divisions are not being 'shaped' around friends relationships.

I think that Dana should write it into the contracts that they will fight whoever they are told to' date=' and refusal could mean breach of contract.

I hope that these divisions are not being 'shaped' around friends relationships.[/quote']

Can't really argue with that, the growing list of "won't fight friends" fighters is depressing, and soon it will impact heavily on the MW and LHW divisions. It needs to be nipped in the bud, and quickly.

I think little Nog has the potential to win the title at LHW' date=' but could stumble against Anderson Silva and Machida. What happens if these 3 all end up in contention. Do they refuse to fight each other because they are friends?

Its also the same in the WW division with Kos and Fitch, Hardy and Daley.

I think that Dana should write it into the contracts that they will fight whoever they are told to, and refusal could mean breach of contract.

I hope that these divisions are not being 'shaped' around friends relationships.[/quote']

I agree that it sucks that friends won't fight friends as the matchups would be pretty good but if you want it to be a breach of contract the nthe UFC will loose a lot of top guns.

If GSP moves up to MW then

The people who will leave via not fighting friends would include:

GSP, Mardquart, Cote, Kang, A. Silva, Machida, Kos, Swick, Fitch, Nog Bros, Daley, Hardy

So three champs and a whole bunch more top contenders.. Dana likes money way too much for that to happen

i think its all of bunch of **** they are professional fighters and thats what they get paid to do. they should know as being professional when you and your friends are top contenders in a weight class its inevitable that your gonna fight. I fight myself and your damn right i would fight my friend or training partner if the price is right ya pretty much fight every day when ya train anyway now you just making bank for it. and the fight in no way shape or form no matter the outcome should change the friendship

Friends or no friends...MMA is still and foremost a business. These fighters better handle their business in the Octagon regardless who is on the other side...end of story.

I agree. If they tell them "this is the fight, take it or leave it" I think you will see them decide to fight. It's not personal like they can't be friends anymore. I've gotten into fights with my friends and it was for free so what the hell.

Archived