John fitch vs Thiago Alves

SlurSlammer

UFC 111 Stacked card - Im really phyched about this fight, each of these guys went the distance with GSP. also really puts a lock on whos the #2 WW in the world imo. I'm gonna say Fitch by TKO in 3rd .... puts an end to his Decision streak and TKO's Alves via Ground and Pound. What do you guys think ?

UFC 111 Stacked card - Im really phyched about this fight' date=' each of these guys went the distance with GSP. also really puts a lock on whos the #2 WW in the world imo. I'm gonna say Fitch by TKO in 3rd .... puts an end to his Decision streak and TKO's Alves via Ground and Pound. What do you guys think ?[/quote']

I have Fitch winning this as well, but I don't think he's going to be able to control him on the ground and pound him out. GSP had trouble keeping Alves down in a few of the rounds and even though Fitch is a good wrestler. . he's not GSP. I have Fitch by SD.

I have Fitch winning this as well' date=' but I don't think he's going to be able to control him on the ground and pound him out. GSP had trouble keeping Alves down in a few of the rounds and even though Fitch is a good wrestler. . he's not GSP. I have Fitch by SD.[/quote']

yeah i agree with u on that. hes got good wrestling but alves is very strong, he will be able to get up.

I just watched Fitch vs Alves 1 --- Fitch got on top early got some good ground and pound in. Alves was rolling for submissions mostly a kimora. Fitch cut him open with an elbow, Alves scrambled to his feet a couple times and Fitch took him back down. Fitch has his back working for a rear naked choke when Alves rolled out got back to his feet and Fitch was on back. Alves then took an up kick in the face Fitch jumped on top and finished the fight. Fitch won TKO 2nd round ......... That fight was a while ago Hughes was still champ and it was UFC fight Night 5 I belive. Cant wait to see this fight again, Alves looked much smaller ... LETS GO FITCH .. TKO him again !!!

Alves in by UD. Fitch is a tough dude so he'd be hard for Alves to finish unless he just clips him on the button.

I just hope Fitch doesn't pull this one out. Yes his style works for him, but I hate watching his fights, and I don't think anyone that can't finish a fight anymore should be a number 1 contender. He doesn't even try to finish fights, and when he does he almost gets knocked out by Mike Pierce. What do you think Alves will do if Fitch thinks he can finish a fight? What a disaster and waste of time if we ever get a Fitch/GSP rematch. I just want someone to end his winning streak so that possiblity goes away...

Alves in by UD. Fitch is a tough dude so he'd be hard for Alves to finish unless he just clips him on the button.

I just hope Fitch doesn't pull this one out. Yes his style works for him' date=' but I hate watching his fights, and I don't think anyone that can't finish a fight anymore should be a number 1 contender. He doesn't even try to finish fights, and when he does he almost gets knocked out by Mike Pierce. What do you think Alves will do if Fitch thinks he can finish a fight? What a disaster and waste of time if we ever get a Fitch/GSP rematch. I just want someone to end his winning streak so that possiblity goes away...[/quote']

watch there 1st fight Fitch finished Alves by TKO and was dominating him the entire fight .... Fitch has beaten a hand full of top contenders Not to mention he has only one loss in the UFC and thats to GSP and ranked #2 WW in the world by most.... saying you want Fitch title contention possibility to go away is dumb.... Fitch vs GSP 1 was a good fight

watch there 1st fight Fitch finished Alves by TKO and was dominating him the entire fight .... Fitch has beaten a hand full of top contenders Not to mention he has only one loss in the UFC and thats to GSP and ranked #2 WW in the world by most.... saying you want Fitch title contention possibility to go away is dumb.... Fitch vs GSP 1 was a good fight

yes, he did great against Alves, three years ago, and hasn't evolved his game since and it shows...

GSP owned him as much as someone can possibly be owned without getting finished. Being tough, which he is, doesn't mean he has a chance.

I just hope Fitch doesn't pull this one out. Yes his style works for him' date=' but I hate watching his fights, and I don't think anyone that can't finish a fight anymore should be a number 1 contender. He doesn't even try to finish fights, and when he does he almost gets knocked out by Mike Pierce. What do you think Alves will do if Fitch thinks he can finish a fight? What a disaster and waste of time if we ever get a Fitch/GSP rematch. I just want someone to end his winning streak so that possiblity goes away...[/quote']

I agree. Fitch can be boring, but ther's no denying that he's a great fighter. And about the Pierce fight, he attempted to submit Pierce via choke a few times in that fight. He manged to get hooks in but never finished. It's not that he doesnt try to finish, he's just not very good at it.

I think Fitch will grind this one out. I can see him clinching him up a bit to wear him out and go for the TDs a little later. I don't think he can take him down like GSP, but I think he'll be able to take Alves down.

Knowing Alves though he's probably been working the TDD like a maniac.

Alves is too strong for Fitch' date=' plus he's huge for 170. He has way more ko power than fitch does, and his ground game is better[/quote']

Sorry sport, but Fitch is a huge WW and has 3" on him, plus reach. Alves may have more KO power but Fitch has a granite chin so this shouldn't be a factor. Alves ground cant touch Fitch's, sorry but this is where Fitch would dominate if anywhere

Alves is too strong for Fitch' date=' plus he's huge for 170. He has way more ko power than fitch does, [b']and his ground game is better[/b]

Buddy, you are out of your mind. Fitch was a Div 1 wrestler I think and a BJJ black belt. Alves isn't really that decorated and I don't even think he has his black belt.

I will give you that Alves has more KO power though.

UFC 111 Stacked card - Im really phyched about this fight' date=' each of these guys went the distance with GSP. also really puts a lock on whos the #2 WW in the world imo. I'm gonna say Fitch by TKO in 3rd .... puts an end to his Decision streak and TKO's Alves via Ground and Pound. What do you guys think ?[/quote']

Fitch is a decision fighter, he can't finish them if Alves had his right hand tied to his left leg behind his back... He'll win by Unanimous Decision.

Archived