In Lesnar-Mir III, Lesnar submits Mir

causisaysso

It would not surprise me if in Lesnar and Mir's next fight, that it is Lesnar who submits Mir.

I know all the Lesnar haters think he's nothing but a dumb brute, but that's just nonsense. Lesnar is a champion amature wrestler and you don't become a champion amature wrestler without being able to learn and execute moves.

Now, is Lesnar going to learn 2 dozen submissions that he can use in any given situation? No.

But it wouldn't surprise me if he learns 1 or 2 he can use in transion from the chest and chest or side control positions that he so easily gets Mir into.

It would not surprise me if in their next fight Lesnar stops pounding Mir's face (after a while of face pounding of course) and gets him in a simple kimura shoulder lock to force Mir to tap out.

That would be so Lesnar. He's already avenged his loss to Mir so the only thing left is to avenge his tap out.

It would not surprise me if in Lesnar and Mir's next fight' date=' that it is Lesnar who submits Mir.

I know all the Lesnar haters think he's nothing but a dumb brute, but that's just nonsense. Lesnar is a champion amature wrestler and you don't become a champion amature wrestler without being able to learn and execute moves.

Now, is Lesnar going to learn 2 dozen submissions that he can use in any given situation? No.

But it wouldn't surprise me if he learns 1 or 2 he can use in transion from the chest and chest or side control positions that he so easily gets Mir into.

It would not surprise me if in their next fight Lesnar stops pounding Mir's face (after a while of face pounding of course) and gets him in a simple kimura shoulder lock to force Mir to tap out.

That would be so Lesnar. He's already avenged his loss to Mir so the only thing left is to avenge his tap out.[/quote']

I very highly doubt that this would happen. I guess anything is possible but.... yeah i highly doubt it. I think that Mir would rather have all four of his limbs completely ripped off before he'd be willing to tap to Brock. Just my opinon

Lesnar has only has one game plan...drag his opponent down and throw sloppy hammerfists.

I hope Mir rips Brock's arm off and caves in his cliche racist redneck skull with it

someone on here referred to them as ************ punches lol

"Lesnar has only has one game plan...drag his opponent down and throw sloppy hammerfists"

Those weren't sloppy hammer fists tenderizing Mir's face in their last fight, they were straight on bombs to a totally controlled and helpless Mir.

Like I said, I know the Lesnar haters here just want to believe he's nothing but a dumb brute... but that is just nonsense.

"Lesnar has only has one game plan...drag his opponent down and throw sloppy hammerfists"

Those weren't sloppy hammer fists tenderizing Mir's face in their last fight' date=' they were straight on bombs to a totally controlled and helpless Mir.

Like I said, I know the Lesnar haters here just want to believe he's nothing but a dumb brute... but that is just nonsense.[/quote']

They are just mad he smashed out their favorite fighters and is going to smash out the rest of their favorite fighters.. Including GAydor

He very well might' date=' but I can hope he loses just so all the nut huggers shut up for awhile.[/quote']

Don't say that! Join us MoZZez! Join us as we suckle at the god like nut-sack of the greatest athlete in MMA...nay, in the history of sport...the man whose chubby awesomeness knows no limitations. The man we call FEDOR!!!

Fedor is good, Fedor has always been good and I think Fedor could beat any HW out there.

But he could also lose to a few of them as well.

MMA is expanding and new styles, combinations, size and power are coming into play. I wish people would realize that nobody is unbeatable, not even Fedor.

If Mir Brock and Fedor all lost, then to me that would at least bring the stupid fans in line and let true MMA fans have some opinions on these boards for a change instead of everything being about those three head aches.

Fedor is good' date=' Fedor has always been good and I think Fedor could beat any HW out there.

MMA is expanding and new styles, combinations, size and power are coming into play. I wish people would realize that nobody is unbeatable, not even Fedor.

If Mir Brock and Fedor all lost, then to me that would at least bring the stupid fans in line and let true MMA fans have some opinions on these boards for a change instead of everything being about those three head aches.[/quote']

You make a very strong argument based on reason, logic and intelligence...there's no place for any of those things on this forum.

Mods...deploy the banhammer :mad:

Fedor is good' date=' Fedor has always been good and I think Fedor could beat any HW out there.

If Mir Brock and Fedor all lost, then to me that would at least bring the stupid fans in line and let true MMA fans have some opinions on these boards for a change instead of everything being about those three head aches.[/quote']

i can't not agree with this. as for all the crazy fans out there, i don't think it will change lol if anything they'll just make more excuses and be even more annoying if they lost.

"CarWIN will knock both of those guy's out."

Carwin certainly could knock both of them out.

He's got power and is the Division I or II version of Lesnar' date=' right? (College wrestling champion)[/quote']

Learn2quote fool. First trip around the forums? I think you need some more expirience before you try to hang with the big boys there little guy. I hear the my little pony forums are always looking for ratards to act like they know what they are talking about.

Too bad it's not going to happen.

CarWIN will knock both of those guy's out.

LOL!

Really? What do you see in Carwin’s game that I'm missing? I'm pretty sure he will be the one getting KO'd or strangled by Mir. Carwin was dazed by Gabe’s punches and got lucky due to his over aggressiveness. Carwin is a decent fighter who is fighting a great fighter in Mir, enough said!

It would not surprise me if in Lesnar and Mir's next fight' date=' that it is Lesnar who submits Mir.

That would be so Lesnar. He's already avenged his loss to Mir so the only thing left is to avenge his tap out.[/quote']

It is fans like you that make Fedor fans like me hate Brock even more. I respect Brock's prowess, but he needs to shape up his sportsmanship and you doing this will only make him more hated...Good job on supporting your fighter.

Lesnar has only has one game plan...drag his opponent down and throw sloppy hammerfists.

I hope Mir rips Brock's arm off and caves in his cliche racist redneck skull with it

I dont recall people complaining when Royce Gracie pulled Kimo's hair to hold him in place in order to win the fight.......But oh wait! Royce wasnt in the WWE.....People are so stupid when it comes to comments about Brock and what we have seen from him as far as fighting so far.....Brock has to date used the tools that he has had available to win fights....And so far, it has worked...He certainly didnt lay on top of Randy and hammer fist him into a tko.......And in Brock / Mir 2, i dont recall it being hammer fists that put Mir's lights out to stop that fight......Brock brings something new to the game in each fight so far, so I look forward to seeing what he is gonna do to Frank next, pending Frank gets past Carwin, which will be a very good fight IMO

I dont recall people complaining when Royce Gracie pulled Kimo's hair to hold him in place in order to win the fight.......But oh wait! Royce wasnt in the WWE.....People are so stupid when it comes to comments about Brock and what we have seen from him as far as fighting so far.....Brock has to date used the tools that he has had available to win fights....And so far' date=' it has worked...He certainly didnt lay on top of Randy and hammer fist him into a tko.......And in Brock / Mir 2, i dont recall it being hammer fists that put Mir's lights out to stop that fight......Brock brings something new to the game in each fight so far, so I look forward to seeing what he is gonna do to Frank next, pending Frank gets past Carwin, which will be a very good fight IMO[/quote']

"Frank gets past Carwin, which will be a very good fight" it will be over in couple minutes so i dont know about "very good fight"...im even that sure i put 50000 bet on it and say -money come to pappa

Dream on...Fedor will murder Werdum like a vegas hooker! Oops' date=' I've said too much :([/quote']

I heard strikeforce was trying to set up a fight between Fedor and Cyborg, but Fedor was too afraid so he handpicked Werdum to fight instead......Fedor needs to either needs to fight for the Strikeforce HW belt and win, Or you Fedor lovers need to stfu about how great he is

yes carwin will be facing brok not frank mir-and hes gonna be heartbroken

Either soon, or later down the road, Brock / MIR 3 will happen. Too much money to gain from it to just let it go........But, Either Mir beats Carwin and gets his 3rd round against Beock, or Mir is gonna have to wait until Brock loses that belt

That's a pretty bold prediction considering his teammates, coaches, and Brock himself all have said that the reason Brock was so good in the amatuer ranks was because of his extraordinary strength and athleticism. He had about 3 wrestling moves, but did them with such power and quickness he was virtually unstoppable. The only time in his career he faced a man as strong as him was Stephen Neal (I think that's the name) when Brock was a junior, and Brock lost badly, and Neal went on to a SUCCESSFUL NFL career, and still plays for the Pats.

good submission fighting is alot more difficult to pull off than it may look. Anyone can look and see how a sub is applied but there are a dozen or so steps, physical and mental before you get there. I just don't believe Brock has had enough time in MMA training, no matter what his "coaches" say, to be effective at working any subs. But I do have to admit that Brock, with an already overpowering crossbody, with a good kimura would be scary!

I won't take anything away from Brock in terms of power and athleticism especially in a man his size. But he has a loooong way to go to show me his skills really go anywhere beyond those same couple of TD's, slams, and holding that won him all those college matches. ANY wrestler that doesn't evolve past the wrestler only mentality, especially given the state of modern MMA, is not gonna make it past a few wins before he is figured out and beaten regularly. Ask Marc Coleman, Randelmann, etc... They both made big impacts on their MMA entries but it didn't take long til they were irrelevant in any title pictures. And Brock isn't half the skilled fighter Hughes evolved into, and the game eventually moved past him too, so don't make that comparison.

FACT: Brock Lesnar is responsible for putting Mir back on the map in the HW division....So I guess in a way, he owes Brock a thank you lol...Would people have been talking about Mir if he woulda lets say beat Vera in a rematch instead of Brock? Not a chance....And even after Mir lucked out in the first fight, fans weren't talking about how good Mir looked in the fight, They were talking about that ridiculous point deduction by the ref and how Brock destroyed Mir up rill the submission that Brock pretty much put himself into....I guarentee that if anyone else beats Brock, whether or not its for the belt, that person will immediately gain a fanclub

jshodfs,

I agree with what you said for someone who was trying to trick a 'fresh' fighter into a sub.

And I certainly wouldn't hold my breath for Lesnar to hit a flying knee bar like the guy did who beat Silva (have you seen that, it was unbelievable.)

Anyway, what I envision is Brock moving to the sub after he's beaten Mir relatively sensless from side position like he had him in their last fight.

Of course he might just beat his face in again till the ref stops him, but I just wouldn't be surprised if he practices a sub he can transition easily to from side/face-pummeling control in order to make a final statement to Mir.

Also,

Not sure Hughes got 'figured out' as much as he just got past his prime.

He might not be able to beat GSP now even if he could go magically back to his prime, (but then who can beat GSP now for that matter), but I bet Hughes in his prime would have beaten Alves instead of getting run over by him like he did in their fight.

Archived