Is A. Silva still looking to move up to HW?

L_J_Santana

A.Silva was talking about moving up to HW for more of a challenge a few months back. He also said he would like to fight Frank Mir, I wonder if he does decide to move up, if he would still like to take on Mir, due to Mir's added weight. On the flip side, Mir would probably drop back to about 240, to try and close the speed gap that Silva would hold.

A.Silva was talking about moving up to HW for more of a challenge a few months back. He also said he would like to fight Frank Mir' date=' I wonder if he does decide to move up, if he would still like to take on Mir, due to Mir's added weight. On the flip side, Mir would probably drop back to about 240, to try and close the speed gap that Silva would hold.[/quote']

Light Heavyweight, not heavyweight. He is currently middleweight.

A.Silva was talking about moving up to HW for more of a challenge a few months back. He also said he would like to fight Frank Mir' date=' I wonder if he does decide to move up, if he would still like to take on Mir, due to Mir's added weight. On the flip side, Mir would probably drop back to about 240, to try and close the speed gap that Silva would hold.[/quote']

Mir wouldn't lose weight to fight anyone at this point. Although Silva would be a nice notch on his belt, his goal is Brock. And he knows hes going to need that muscle. Besides they woulnt give Silva Mir right off the bat, they would toss him someone like Roy Nelson to see if he can hang first, just like they did with The Sandman.

Mir wouldn't lose weight to fight anyone at this point. Although Silva would be a nice notch on his belt' date=' his goal is Brock. And he knows hes going to need that muscle. Besides they woulnt give Silva Mir right off the bat, they would toss him someone like Roy Nelson to see if he can hang first, just like they did with The Sandman.[/quote']

There's no way Nelson deserves to fight Silva. I could see Silva getting whoever he wanted in the HW division besides Brock. Silva's already proved that he can move up in weight and still dominate. There would be no need of throwing him in with a can like nelson, it would just be wasting a fight on his contract and at this point in Silva's career when he's thinking of retiring, the UFC can't be throwing away fights.

Silva would eat Nelson. No pun intended.

Anderson is a great fighter... he needs to not jump ahead of himself though.

I agree with you. . I don't mind a fighter being ambitious though. I'd rather watch him move up to HW or permanently to LHW instead of just sitting in the MW division and not receiving any challenge.

I wouldn't mind seeing Silva-Mir or Silva-JDS once Junior gets a few more W's under him.(not sure if they would fight or not though)

*wonders when peeps stop living on clouds and come on real world and stop beliving on all the stuff what they say on tv"

Archived