Mus Al Turk confident coming into Gracie fight - UFC 109

MMAUnltd

Mostapha Al Turk is confident coming into his UFC 109 bout with Rolles Gracie. Despite the assumed 'Fight for Survival' Al Turk faces, he believes he is a more well-rounded fighter and, instead of focusing on the negatives, will look to move forward.

?The Gracie name, or any other for that matter, has no impact on me. I believe I?ve more experience in MMA than him and I believe that I?m a better overall fighter and it will be the difference. He?s also undefeated so doesn?t know how to lose, though that will change next month.?

You can check out the rest here:

http://www.mmaunltd.com/fighters/interview-details.asp/id/61/a-fight-for-survival-for-mostapha-al-turk.htm

Will he stay or will he go?

Al-Turk has a four fight contract with the UFC' date=' so regardless of what happens in he Gracie fight, I think his next (and probably last) fight will be on the next UK card against James McSweeney, who has a TKO loss to Al-Turk on his record and wants a shot at revenge.[/quote']

That could be likely, but you know as well as I that the "number of fights" on your contract means very little. If they want to cut you, they will.

That could be likely' date=' but you know as well as I that the "number of fights" on your contract means very little. If they want to cut you, they will.[/quote']

Maybe, but as McSweeney is improving this would be great vindication for the TUF process.

"We took a fighter and nurtured him, until he was able to get revenge on a former opponent who had bested him."

Maybe a little dramatic, but you can see my point.

To be fair, he's probably right in saying he's more well rounded. But that's like saying that Kampmann is more well rounded than Daley, or Griffin is more well rounded than Anderson.

Both are true, but didnt stop them getting KO'd. I do think Al Turk is underrated by fans. He's lost to good fighters, and there are probably a fair few worse than him in the HW division. Either way though, he's getting subbed in the first round.

I would like to see him win as well. I think it will be good to see two things. If Al Turk can get back into his game and win and if this Gracie will make a name for himself in the UFC. Good fight. Also I would like to see Al Turk fight Kimbo. I might have mentioned it in another thread.

Maybe' date=' but as McSweeney is improving this would be great vindication for the TUF process.

"We took a fighter and nurtured him, until he was able to get revenge on a former opponent who had bested him."

Maybe a little dramatic, but you can see my point.[/quote']

Fur sure I can see your point! And it's definitely an angle to work from, but if Mus loses this one then McSweeney would have nothing to gain in the eyes of most fans.

Archived