Gilbert Yvel's UFC future?

321Crazy

How do you think his career will go now that he has entered the UFC and has been beaten by Junior Dos Santos? It seemed he was obviously trying to be a "smarter" and more patient fighter than he was previously known for. Do you think this changed the outcome of the fight? Do you think the fight was stopped at the appropriate time? Who would you like to see him fight in his next few fights? Just wanting opinions of others...

I think the fight was appropriately stopped, and I think JDS would have won regardless. I wouldn't call Yvel underrated, but I dont think he is going to do very well in the UFC. Sure there are guys he can pull off wins against, but in the long run I don't see him doing much.

I could think of some match-ups.

Yvel-Struve

Yvel-Nelson

Yvel-Barry

Yvel-Buentello

Yvel-Duffee

From watching his fights from Pride, he's obviously a talented guy. . but he doesn't have what it takes to be a contender or even a top 10 guy in the HW division. Unless he's gonna be the new gatekeeper, they should cut him. . he's just dead weight.

if you watch that fight in slow mo he barely came up short ..he threw two punches to JDS KO punch .. on his second and last throw he was about a half second slower (probably cause he just threw a punch ) ... but his response was very quick .. he just got beat to the punch .. i was expecting a great battle too but with guys like carwin and JDS who knows how long it will last .. i expect he will do well in his next fight .. i would have like to see him against gonzaga but oh well

kimbo vs yvel.. yvel wont run like alexander

I would like to see this also, but I think Dana wants to push both fighter's names, a matchup with these two now would only push back the doing so of the other. They want a sure thing for Kimbo I feel, but this matchup could have some fireworks in the future.

Fall short of getting a win. Like how his last opponent beat him up. Another Cro Cop. That's what I'm talking about.

is there anyone else on that list of not getting a win ? or will you expand your reasoning into not getting allot of wins .. or two wins in a row ..etc ...

thats his first fight in ufc .. and already you judge him .. along with pride fighters not being able to get a win ..hmmm

Am I the only one who thinks Yvel kind of looked nervous in his fight versus JDS?

No, I think he looked nervous too. It was his first fight in the UFC, can't say I really remember Yvel ever fighting in a cage so could be his first time in cage. I think his next performance will show the real Yvel.

I think the fight was appropriately stopped' date=' and I think JDS would have won regardless. I wouldn't call Yvel underrated, but I dont think he is going to do very well in the UFC. Sure there are guys he can pull off wins against, but in the long run I don't see him doing much.[/quote']

But I very well thinks JDS is underrated. For sure

Archived