Jon Fitch vs Matt Hughes

K22UFC

Fitch would beat him easily.

Hughes was only WW champ when the division was at it weakest.

Good way to lie to yourself.

Fitch is arguably the #2 WW in the UFC' date=' Hughes is not even in the picture any more, a non factor. Fitch by TKO round 2, and I'm giving Hughes the benefit of the doubt here.[/quote']

Hughes is certainly in the picture, as 3 of the major ranking publications rank him as #6 in the world.

Hughes is too irrelevant to hang with the WW elite. Fitch might actually finish Hughes.

Hughes is still a WW elite.

He pretty much always will be.

Good way to lie to yourself.

Hughes is certainly in the picture' date=' as 3 of the major ranking publications rank him as #6 in the world.

He pretty much always will be.[/quote']

If you believe Hughes is of any significance other than a gatekeeper in the UFC WW division your sadly mistaken. These UFC publications you speak of hold no more water than this forum and the people who create these rankings are no more knowledgeable than many of the long time MMA fans right here, probably less. Matt Hughes is nothing in the WW division and his time was up after GSP broke him the second time. Deal with it.

He pretty much always will be.

And this is coming from the guy who has Hughes as his avatar...

Hughes may barely be in the top 10 WWs, but by WW elite I speak of GSP, Alves, Fitch and Kos. I mean, do you really think Hughes can beat these guys? I don't even think Hughes is top 10 on most of the ranking sites. He's becoming a Randy in the UFC.

Archived