where are rankings found

Jid

Does anyone know if there are any official rankings listed for each weight cat. Dana mentions people being in the top ten but i have never seen a list anywhere

Sherdog, Yahoo, etc...but dont believe those rankings, they are biased.

Fedor is P4P best fighter, but they have him under GSP and Silva.

These rankings are done by people who don't even know what a Gogoplata is.

SCO has them, and the only people ranked are Brock at #1 and the few people he's beaten under him. He doesnt feel the need to discuss anyone else at any other class.

But really, there are no rankings anywhere. It's all just speculation, especially in a sport where a guy can be 2-1 against no one worhwhile and get a title shot, just for the fact that he brings in the green

SCO has them' date=' and the only people ranked are Brock at #1 and the few people he's beaten under him. He doesnt feel the need to discuss anyone else at any other class.

But really, there are no rankings anywhere. It's all just speculation, especially in a sport where a guy can be 2-1 against no one worhwhile and get a title shot, just for the fact that he brings in the green[/quote']

The rankings are whatever Fedor wants them to be

Sherdog' date=' Yahoo, etc...but dont believe those rankings, they are biased.

These rankings are done by people who don't even know what a Gogoplata is.[/quote']

Wow. Fedor fans are ridiculous. Again he is MAYBE the best HW. We don't know since he has not fought the top UFC guys. I'm not saying he can't beat them I'm just saying we don't know. He is not the P4P best fighter. Some of these other guys are unstoppable in more than one weight class, like Anderson Silva.

Wow. Fedor fans are ridiculous. Again he is MAYBE the best HW. We don't know since he has not fought the top UFC guys. I'm not saying he can't beat them I'm just saying we don't know. He is not the P4P best fighter. Some of these other guys are unstoppable in more than one weight class' date=' like Anderson Silva.[/quote']

He fought Nogueria and beat him twice. He has also beaten Cro Cop, Mark Coleman, Kevin Randleman, Tim Sylvia, and Arlovski. All top UFC Heavyweights at one point or another. He has fought top UFC fighters as well as top heavyweights in general, and until someone stops him you can't deny his skill.

He fought Nogueria and beat him twice. He has also beaten Cro Cop' date=' Mark Coleman, Kevin Randleman, Tim Sylvia, and Arlovski. All top UFC Heavyweights at one point or another. He has fought top UFC fighters as well as top heavyweights in general, and until someone stops him you can't deny his skill.[/quote']

I'm not denying his skill. I'm saying he isn't P4P best. As far as Coleman, Cro Cop, Sylvia, that is not who I'm talking about. To say a fighter is absolutly the #1 heavyweight when there are guys walking around like Lesnar, Mir, JDS, Couture, etc. That is a pretty big assumption. Hopefully we'll get to see some of those matchups if they can cut through the politics.

I'm not denying his skill. I'm saying he isn't P4P best. As far as Coleman' date=' Cro Cop, Sylvia, that is not who I'm talking about. To say a fighter is absolutly the #1 heavyweight when there are guys walking around like Lesnar, Mir, JDS, Couture, etc. That is a pretty big assumption. Hopefully we'll get to see some of those matchups if they can cut through the politics.[/quote']

I agree he should fight some of those people to prove it. I can't say for sure he is number one, but he is absolutely top ranked in my book. I would love to see him fight anybody at heavyweight.

These rankings are done by people who don't even know what a Gogoplata is.[/quote']

GSP and silva have fought better competition over the past 3 years then fedor,thats why they are and should be ranked higher, you cant stay P4P best on past glories you actually have to defend your title against top fighters

GSP and silva have fought better competition over the past 3 years then fedor' date='thats why they are and should be ranked higher, you cant stay P4P best on past glories you actually have to defend your title against top fighters[/quote']

Has GSP and AS fought bigger opponents? No

Has Fedor fought bigger opponents? I'll let you anwswer that one.

Who has the longest win streak? I'll let you answer that one too.

Who has not lost a fight? ...go ahead..go for it.

Who is P4P the best fighter according to MMA fighters who know what they're talking about?

Shall I answer the last one for you?

These rankings that you speak of are concocted by folks who have never stepped into a fight ring before and hide behind a computer generating simulations and drawing percentages that do not apply to real life.

If you are talking to me, no that is not how they rankings are made. The way they do it on http://www.independentworldmmarankings.com/ is that they have a panel of MMA analysts or whatever you want to call them. Then, every one of them gives it's top 10 of each weight class based on the accomplishments in the ring of the fighters. The #1 gets 10 points, #2 gets 9 and so on and so on. They add the points and then make the rankings with who has the most points.

I think it's a pretty solid way to do things, plus the analysts come from different places and are not associated with any promotion, so they are less unbiased than say Dana White making his rankings.

Edit: It explains all of this on the site if you click on Rankings Guidelines, and you can also see who the analysts are.

Has GSP and AS fought bigger opponents? No

Has Fedor fought bigger opponents? I'll let you anwswer that one.

Who has the longest win streak? I'll let you answer that one too.

Who has not lost a fight? ...go ahead..go for it.

Who is P4P the best fighter according to MMA fighters who know what they're talking about?

Shall I answer the last one for you?

silva has fought 2 LHW's one being forrest griffin who is a very big LHW and he destroyed him

size doesnt matter @ HW thats what you get yourself iinto fighting in that division

win streaks mean nothing, weve see ALOT of fighters come into the UFC undefeated and with huge wraps on them only to be destroyed

fedor isnt the best pound for pound fighter currently, maybe 3-5 years ago but not now. he hasnt fought anyone of relevence in a long time and hes next opponent is werdum who couldnt cut it in the ufc and got destroyed by dos santos who at the time wasnt even a top 5 HW in the ufc.

Straight up...

any mma site that doesn't list Fedor as #1 isn't legit.

You can cry and moan about why he shouldn't be #1, but the bottom line is the dude has fought MANY impressive fighters and he's still undefeated (technically).

It doesn't matter what spews out of the mouth after that...his record and his fights speak volumes. Only Fedor haters can say otherwise.

He's done a lot and he's STILL not given credit. The man deserves #1.

Silva would tear Fedor apart..

silva has fought 2 LHW's one being forrest griffin who is a very big LHW and he destroyed him

size doesnt matter @ HW thats what you get yourself iinto fighting in that division

win streaks mean nothing' date=' weve see ALOT of fighters come into the UFC undefeated and with huge wraps on them only to be destroyed

fedor isnt the best pound for pound fighter currently, maybe 3-5 years ago but not now. he hasnt fought anyone of relevence in a long time and hes next opponent is werdum who couldnt cut it in the ufc and got destroyed by dos santos who at the time wasnt even a top 5 HW in the ufc.[/quote']

You guys make me laugh. Silva fought those fighters at 205. Fedor's weight class is open to any above 205. BTW, in this day and age size does matter...and Fedor overcame the size issue everytime.

I dont care who Fedor has fought....he fought for ten years without a loss.

Why dont you guys ask GSP and AS who the best P4P fighter is?

why dont you ask fedor who the best P4P fighter is? as if hes gonna say himself, infact i believe he was quoted as saying anderson silva was the best p4p fighter not too long ago ill have to try and find it

why dont you ask fedor who the best P4P fighter is? as if hes gonna say himself' date=' infact i believe he was quoted as saying anderson silva was the best p4p fighter not too long ago ill have to try and find it[/quote']

Fedor is a humble fighter and person. He has said and I quote, "I do not believe I am the best."

Only fighters who are truly the best will give you that answer.

Have we chat before? I sense a bit of animosity that I have no idea where it's coming from. Did I embarrassed you the last time we chat' date=' cause I dont remember?[/quote']

sorry dude i dont wanna mess with a guy who has heaps on internet friends or an internet army, you are to cool for me to mess with

homie you so lame trying to E-Bang' date=' throwin shots at me but you miss like shaq from the free throw line homie[/quote']

Would you like me to keep going, because I can go all night? You make the call. My trash talk is mastery? That's your warning. respond and it's on. Leave the thread, and we'll at least end on a good note. Your choice buddy.

They probably have fedor under gsp and A.silva because hes not fighting top condenders which means hes not the p4p best because hes not fighting the best at His weight..

thanks for the advise mate, i used to be a boxing fan and liked the ring p4p etc

You caught me just in time. Not problem. good night folks

wow i dont know how ill ever come back from all the trash talk you did....oh wait you didnt do anything, here i was thinking you were that evil that you would of been patting a white persian cat as you were typing this so called trash talk you are supposedly the king of.

A.silva P4P the best no doubt

I have him as the top fighter. But you have to remember, on this streak hes been on inside the UFC hes fought, leben, cote, luter, irving, leites. These guys are teir 3, maybe leites makes an argument being teir 2. But he did beat marquardt, hendo, franklin x2, griffin.

Where as a guy like machida has destroyed guys like ortiz, evans, silva, sokodju, and a close win over a tough fighter in shogun.

GSP who went on a 6 fight win streak where you saw him murder the likes of hughes, trigg, miller, sherk, penn, before losing a fluke loss to serra which he avenged when he went on another 6 fight win streak, beatng koscheck, huighes, serra, fitch, penn, and alves.

And Fedor, with even his inactivity of the past year or so due to not having a home, he has beaten, sylvia, arlovski, rogers, linland, choi since leaving Pride, which doesnt help his legacy so much as keeps it in tact.

So in one part i agree, silva is the best fighter in the world, i do think their is some doubt.

Sherdog' date=' Yahoo, etc...but [b']dont believe those rankings, they are biased.[/b]

These rankings are done by people who don't even know what a Gogoplata is.

this made me laugh u accuse them of being biased right before making a biased statement

Archived