should there be a title fight more often

Jid

It would be nice to have more title fights per YEAR if they could pull it off but it would probably be difficult. I just think PPVs would be better if every main event were either a title fight or no.1 contender fight. Again, probably difficult taking into consideration that fighters get hurt, need time off, have training camp, etc. Three title fights in each division per year would be cool though.

This math has been done many times here.

5 titles.

2 defences a year each would be 10 title fights a year. I think a champion should be fighting 3 times a year.

I already have a standing bet that Fedor will fight more fights this year than there are UFC title fights.

who will fedor fight after werdum and overeem? More wash ups to feed his record he needs to fight real competition Like JDS,Mir,Carwin,Lesnar or velasquez which i think he would lose to atleast 3(lesnar,Velasquez,mir) If he doesnt lose to werdum or overeem before that LOL...:D

Well the problem with the LW division is that BJ has almost beat everyone..Except The Anwser and The Bully..Can them two defeat BJ? yes its possible..Are they? I have the feelin that they wont..Only because BJ is just really good at that division..The Contenders have to build back plus the UFC probably wants to put fresh faces agaisnt the champ..

The Welterweight Division: GSP has almost all the top ten..Fitch, Alves. Koscheck, Matt Hughes, even though he isnt top ten matt serra..The only ones who hasnt beat him is Hardy and Swick..I beleive those two are the last top contenders to fight gsp..unless paulo beats swick then maybe him..

Middleweights: Anderson has pretty much wrecked everyone in there except thales and cote but lets face it he would have anyway..I mean the only ones left that could possibly beat him is vitor and nate..he has already beat nate so the only one no one has seen is vitor obviously..Hopefully TUF 11 sprouts new and upcomer title challengers..Anderson has also dominated two lightheavy weights and is thinkin about heavyweights..

LightHeavyweights: This divison could possibly have more title weights because no one has held on to the title long enough since chuck lost it..There are contenders left and right.

Heavyweight: The contenders are startin to build up..plus Havin brock as the champ, IMO, really makes the division more exciting..just because mostly everyone wants to see him ko'd..

So therefore it would be kinda hard to have title fights often..

why are people so obsessed with title fights?? is because they are 5 rounds or do u guys just want to see the belts jump around?? not trying to be a prick just want to know

Are you serious? It's what every fight is all about. Win and youre one step closer to a title fight, lose and you fall down many rungs on the ladder and no title shot. Its literally what every fight is based on, will it get me a title shot or if not than how close will it get me.

Is nobody aware that all of the titles are set to be fought for within 3 events?

111: GSP/Hardy and Mir/Carwin

112: Silva/Belfort and Penn/Edgar

113: Machida/Shogun.

A fight doesn't have to be for the title to be a good fight.

And this is what you can expect from now on barring any serious injury.

As far as a PPV goes, as a rule you need as many title fights as possible because of the amount of casual fans required to make a PPV a success due to the cost of the produstion.

I agree that there should be at least one title fight per card. I would make them fight 2 times a year min. I would also add a super heavyweight division to bring make the math work :)

they usually fight three times a year...the champ..there is no need for a superheavyweight..you couldnt even make a top ten super heavyweight anyway..not yet at least..

who will fedor fight after werdum and overeem? More wash ups to feed his record he needs to fight real competition Like JDS' date='Mir,Carwin,Lesnar or velasquez which i think he would lose to atleast 3(lesnar,Velasquez,mir) If he doesnt lose to werdum or overeem before that LOL...:D[/quote']

If any of those guys wants Fedor they know where to find him.

I would love to see a JDS Fedor fight.

None of those other guys would last a round.

If any of those guys wants Fedor they know where to find him.

I would love to see a JDS Fedor fight.

None of those other guys would last a round.

Even as titled as the number one guy you should still go to the other fighters and want to fight not let everyone else do it..

More title fights per show? Well there are only 5 champions' date=' so if you had one per show, that means every champion would fight about once every month or so.[/quote'] what i meant mate was a chamionship fight on ufc 112,113,114 etc or atleast one no. 1 contenders fight.That would mean champs would have to defend there belt 1 in 5 atleast etc. I am referring to the pointless coutoure-coleman fight etc. Not good tv imo

This math has been done many times here.

5 titles.

2 defences a year each would be 10 title fights a year. I think a champion should be fighting 3 times a year.

I already have a standing bet that Fedor will fight more fights this year than there are UFC title fights.

I completely agree about the "3 per year" bit.

As for the last part about Fedor fighting more times than there are UFC title fights. I think you're gonna lose a bet man. *chuckle* Barring injury AND discounting an interim title fight. There are already 4 scheduled this year.

Penn v Edgar

Silva v Belfort

GSP v Hardy

Machida v Rua

if you add the interim

Mir v Carwin

And Fedor's fighting in April right? I don't know if the guy is going to fight more than three times this year. Wouldn't be surprised if it was only twice really.

Cheers

-DR

Archived