New commentator

TrueGrit

Im not sure if i spelled that right..I was just on the homepage and saw the twitter deal sayin something about bas rutten as a commentator..I would love for that to happen..If there was a third man who would you want?

common tator lol

I think Bas would be great. I guess he would be like Rogan, only a little more educated and a lot less high.

Rogan commentating is fine until he tells you how awesome his favorite fighter is even if he's losing. He is biased and needs to understand he's calling a fight, not chillen with his buddies. I'm not sure who would be better off. If he would stop being biased that would correct the problem.

I don't care what anyone says, Bas is not only less biased than Rogan, he also knows a lot more about MMA. He used to call things before they even happened in Pride. He also doesn't scream like a little girl every time a poor submission is attempted. He actually waits to see if it's really tight or not.

He is also funnier than both Rogan and Goldberg. And I am one of the people who take a shot every time he says liver shot :P. He killed me when he learned that :P.

For all we know Dana could have Joe do this on purpose. Maybe he has him talk about a specific fighter like that to get people more interested and make them keep watching. Cause if you ever see Joe outside of UFC (his online shows ect.) he doesn't really come off as that type of person to pick favorites.

For all we know Dana could have Joe do this on purpose. Maybe he has him talk about a specific fighter like that to get people more interested and make them keep watching. Cause if you ever see Joe outside of UFC (his online shows ect.) he doesn't really come off as that type of person to pick favorites.

true..I watched a video with him and this other guy this past weekend..The audio was out for like the first 3 or 4 minutes of it..He didnt seem that way at all..He seems like a very spiritual person in a way..like really open minded i guess..

I don't care what anyone says' date=' Bas is not only less biased than Rogan, he also knows a lot more about MMA. He used to call things before they even happened in Pride. He also doesn't scream like a little girl every time a poor submission is attempted. He actually waits to see if it's really tight or not.

He is also funnier than both Rogan and Goldberg. And I am one of the people who take a shot every time he says liver shot :P. He killed me when he learned that :P.[/quote']

ditto

Maybe true, but there are times (Maynard/Diaz as a recent example) where if you had the picture turned off you'd think a demolition was taking place. Hype the fight and the fighters, but remember there are 2 fighters to give credit to when credit is due.

true..I watched a video with him and this other guy this past weekend..The audio was out for like the first 3 or 4 minutes of it..He didnt seem that way at all..He seems like a very spiritual person in a way..like really open minded i guess..

exactly. Rogan is a very spiritual person. He's very intelligent and a really down to earth, nice guy. And I just can't see him as the type of guy to publicly take sides like we see him do. Just doesn't seem his style. I don't know this of course, but this is my opinion.

I never really liked Bas as a commentator. His voice gets on my nerve and he always seemed like he didnt know what to say. "Nice..." He said that like 5 times in the Gomi vs Pulver figher.

I'd take a little "Nice" over "OMG IT'S DEEP, IT'S DEEP, HE'S GONNA TAP.... oh no he's out" any day.

exactly. Rogan is a very spiritual person. He's very intelligent and a really down to earth' date=' nice guy. And I just can't see him as the type of guy to publicly take sides like we see him do. Just doesn't seem his style. I don't know this of course, but this is my opinion.[/quote']

and i have to agree..

I'd take a little "Nice" over "OMG IT'S DEEP' date=' IT'S DEEP, HE'S GONNA TAP.... oh no he's out" any day.[/quote']

and maybe we'll get some great interviews like we got in Pride lol maybe Rampage can come back and take Bas's chicken.

So you bash all mma fans in a generalized statement. Shows what type of person you are i suppose.

no. he bashed (if you must refer to it as that) the people who find Bas dull.

freakin michael schavello or however its spelled is the most annoyin commentator i have ever heard..His sreamin is the worst and guy mezger says hardly anything..

lol sometimes i forget Mezger is even there

Definitely, Bas will be an asset to the UFC. Bas as commentator would revamp the UFC very nicely with a new look. In addition, Bas is a true mma fighter, as he knows mma inside out; Bas studied, trained, and fought in martial arts and mma using the following martial arts: Tae Kwon Do, Karate, Muay Thai, submission fighting and other martial arts.

El guapo!!! yes make him a commentator, not biased at all like Rogan who loves submission fighting more than anything else, which shows in his commentating.

Bas Rutten yeah now that's what I'm talking about, thorough knowledge about mma fighting and not biased about calling things for what they are. It is what it is in fights!:cool:

I like Mir alright as a fighter but as a commentator he kind of sucks and Brock would kill him in a head to head commentator match... Just kidding. I don't care.

Mir is a really good commentator. Just watch a WEC show. He is extremely educated in MMA and is good at explaining each situation in the ring, even predicting what fighters are going to do (transitions etc.)

I don't care what anyone says' date=' Bas is not only less biased than Rogan, he also knows a lot more about MMA. He used to call things before they even happened in Pride. He also doesn't scream like a little girl every time a poor submission is attempted. He actually waits to see if it's really tight or not.

He is also funnier than both Rogan and Goldberg. And I am one of the people who take a shot every time he says liver shot :P. He killed me when he learned that :P.[/quote']

def.

rogan and goldberg are so annoying, and bad rutten is actually a cool guy and funny as hell and a good commentator.

Yeah lets have bas. Anyone is better than mike goldberg most of the time he doesnt even talk about the fight or anything releated to it. Ile rather have prides commentators even though i remember some slightly racist slurs, that would definedly make waves now days, but there is no way he would talk like that now days. Goldberg talks way way way too much and hes so loud. Anyways goldberg should get replaced. Goldberg says sometimes stuff that isnt even close to being right.

The problem with Mir's commentating is that when he is nearing a fight, he doesnt do quality research about who will be fighting. There have been a number of instances in WEC where Mir has showed a great lack of knowledge of a fighter's training, coaches, etc, and usually comes across very bias in favor of the fighters he knows well personally.

I like Mir alright as a fighter but as a commentator he kind of sucks and Brock would kill him in a head to head commentator match... Just kidding. I don't care.

dude Tito is a better commentator then Brock... hell its actually kinda funny when Tito does not know the differance in a souffle and a suplex

They need someone like Goldberg to do the 'This is for the Troops' and 'Bud light, drink that **** up'. Rogan would never do that. In fact, i'd say it's probably in his contract that he doesnt have to mention any of the sponsors.

Does anyone think a third commentator would be a good idea?

They need someone like Goldberg to do the 'This is for the Troops' and 'Bud light' date=' drink that **** up'. Rogan would never do that. In fact, i'd say it's probably in his contract that he doesnt have to mention any of the sponsors.

Does anyone think a third commentator would be a good idea?[/quote']

hell yes..

Archived