Chael Sonnen blasts Anderson Silva

freedom

http://fightmarks.com/story.php?title=sonnen-blasts-silva-champs-manager-fires-back

I would imagine, who knows what Anderson's doing. At the end of the day, who cares," said Sonnen. "If he wants to leave the division, leave the sport, who cares. Beat it, nobody tunes in to watch him anyways, and his little fake 'I don't speak English.

"You want me to let you in on a secret, Anderson Silva speaks perfect English. He just has such a low amount of respect for you and all the rest of the media that he pretends he doesn't. I've had conversations with Anderson Silva in perfect English, and on top of that he's so boring to listen to that he and his rocket scientist manager, Ed Soares, who is also about as exciting as watching grass grow, have decided that Ed is better on the mic than Anderson, so just let Ed do the talking.

he couldn't get past Maia. not that im bad talking Maia. but Nate is on a different level IMO

Styles make fights. Nate is a much harder slugger then Sonnen, but Sonnen is a superior wrestler. Not to say that Sonnen is going to win, but don't write the guy off cause he lost to Maia. He beat some top level MW.

I see what's going on here. Sonnen is trying to be remembered for something other than being on Marquart's future highlight reel after 109. Now he'll also be the guy who trashed the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world.

At the end of the day, who gives a flying **** if Silva speaks perfect English? If you want awesome post-fight speeches watch Machida after 98 on repeat. If you want exciting post-fight antics watch Lesnar after 100. Done deal. I would rather watch someone terrorize his opponents in the octagon than a moving post-fight speech. Aren't we all here to watch fighting?

Styles make fights. Nate is a much harder slugger then Sonnen' date=' but Sonnen is a superior wrestler. Not to say that Sonnen is going to win, but don't write the guy off cause he lost to Maia. He beat some top level MW.[/quote']

Marquardt's wrestling is pretty legit too. I dont think Sonnen can dominate Nate with his wrestling.

I see what's going on here. Sonnen is trying to be remembered for something other than being on Marquart's future highlight reel after 109. Now he'll also be the guy who trashed the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world.

At the end of the day' date=' who gives a flying **** if Silva speaks perfect English? If you want awesome post-fight speeches watch Machida after 98 on repeat. If you want exciting post-fight antics watch Lesnar after 100. Done deal. I would rather watch someone terrorize his opponents in the octagon than a moving post-fight speech. Aren't we all here to watch fighting?[/quote']

Totally agree. I dont care if Silva speaks english or not. Like I said earlier Sonnen is just trying to get more visibility with fight fans and the best way to do that is by calling out the champ.

Marquardt's wrestling is pretty legit too. I dont think Sonnen can dominate Nate with his wrestling.

He is the guy that GSP and Rashad go to for wrestling training, I'd say his wrestling is pretty good.

I think Sonnen is trying to build some Team Quest/ BlackHouse rivalry to avenge his mentor Hendo. Too bad for him he i spicking the wrong dude to do it with. Nate will sub him 2nd round and he will fade to Gatekeeper status. I'd say Strikeforce bound likely, to join his buddy.

He is the guy that GSP and Rashad go to for wrestling training' date=' I'd say his wrestling is pretty good.

I think Sonnen is trying to build some Team Quest/ BlackHouse rivalry to avenge his mentor Hendo. Too bad for him he i spicking the wrong dude to do it with. Nate will sub him 2nd round and he will fade to Gatekeeper status. I'd say Strikeforce bound likely, to join his buddy.[/quote']

Not only that Nate is better than Sonnen in every other aspect of MMA too.

Wow he's a ****in joke!!!! Not big silva fan but the man is crazy good best in the world anderson is just afraid to speak in front of hundreds of thousands of people..... lets say u knew spanish would u like 2 go 2 mexico and speak 2 the media NO sonnen never been anybody never will...

and p.s. huge forrest fan so in not being biased :)

I like Sonnen...but i do think he is going to have a hard time getting past Nate.

I do get tired of the no english thing.

There are alot of people out there ...that play that game ...they speak good english when they want to.......

Thats some of the Brazilian fighters problems.....they cant speak any english ...therefore cannot build up the fight and talk crap...so they end up having to fight more fights to get a title shot.

People have to be honest....they would rather see a Tito Ortiz, or a Frank Mir, Brock Lesnar, or Nick Diaz or nate Diaz........Be the champion,,,,,,compared to Machida, Thiago, JDS, Nougeria, or Anderson Silva....those interpreters wear me out...listening to them.

People like for fighters to talk the talk and walk the walk.....(Like the 16 time champ...Ric Flair)...Wooooo

Not a bunch of ahhh my english no good....doesnt make a exciting interview.....like watching grass grow.

So I have to give Sonnen credit for having the B*** to say what most people are thinking.....but i do think hes got a tough match against Nate .....Nate is on his game.

You know I have seen some interviews where Silva speaks english, and it leads me to believe that he does speak it and understand it atleast well enough to get by. I'd say he is on par with Wanderlei's English and although it isn't great by any means it is good enough.

I would like to see him actually speak English for once.

I like Sonnen...but i do think he is going to have a hard time getting past Nate.

I do get tired of the no english thing.

There are alot of people out there ...that play that game ...they speak good english when they want to.......

Thats some of the Brazilian fighters problems.....they cant speak any english ...therefore cannot build up the fight and talk crap...so they end up having to fight more fights to get a title shot.

People have to be honest....they would rather see a Tito Ortiz' date=' or a Frank Mir, Brock Lesnar, or Nick Diaz or nate Diaz........Be the champion,,,,,,compared to Machida, Thiago, JDS, Nougeria, or Anderson Silva....those interpreters wear me out...listening to them.

[b']People like for fighters to talk the talk and walk the walk.....(Like the 16 time champ...Ric Flair)...Wooooo[/b]

Not a bunch of ahhh my english no good....doesnt make a exciting interview.....like watching grass grow.

So I have to give Sonnen credit for having the B*** to say what most people are thinking.....but i do think hes got a tough match against Nate .....Nate is on his game.

Get out

how this turned into talk about who wins in this fight is beyond me. but i find it hilarious that nobody thinks sonnen can beat nate. in fact theres probably only 2 guys in that division that have what it takes to beat nate, one of sonnen and the other being anderson who already did it.

Sonnen is one of those, "you cant hit me hard enough or enough times" type of fighters. hes grimmy, tough, and a grind it out dude. dont be surprised if theres an upset. with that said...nate marquardt is my favorite fighter in the world lol

It's easy to talk **** about a guy you'll never earned the right to fight.

Sonnen knows he's safe....so he's letting his mouth run. It's the same reason why Atencio was always trying to get Dana to respond. You try to raise your profile by stirring up an argument with the top dog. If the guy at the top is talking about YOU it must mean your something special right? No...but some people fall for it...and it works sometimes.

Sonnen....please dude...you really have to EARN the right to talk like that. Silva is your better...deal.

Cheers

-DR

how this turned into talk about who wins in this fight is beyond me. but i find it hilarious that nobody thinks sonnen can beat nate. in fact theres probably only 2 guys in that division that have what it takes to beat nate' date=' one of sonnen and the other being anderson who already did it.

[b']Sonnen is one of those, "you cant hit me hard enough or enough times" type of fighters. hes grimmy, tough, and a grind it out dude. dont be surprised if theres an upset.[/b] with that said...nate marquardt is my favorite fighter in the world lol

Trust me, no one has hit Sonnen as hard as Marquardt is going to next week.

actually there is a UFC Q&A session with rashad evans on youtube where rashad also states the anderson can speak very good english' date=' and that its a front[/quote']

I'm brazillian and I consider myself good in english, I can understand what you are writing and can reply you like I'm doing right now.

But I don't feel very safe speaking english, It's hard to me to understand songs just by listening and I don't know if I would understand joe rogan while 15.000 people are screaming and I just did something that takes months of hard training.

Archived