How well will Rich Franklin do in the LHW?

JP24

i dont think he will break into the top 5 @lhw to be honest

You never know... ;) Course I am a huge Rich Franklin fan, I choose to believe him in a biased fashion. :P

I think he could go up and beat James Irvin alike Anderson Silva, beat Tito Ortiz, beat Keith Jardine, and with Forrest Griffin it could go either way, but I can't see him beating anyone better than Forrest.

You never know... ;) Course I am a huge Rich Franklin fan' date=' I choose to believe him in a biased fashion. :P

I think he could go up and beat James Irvin alike Anderson Silva, beat Tito Ortiz, beat Keith Jardine, and with Forrest Griffin it could go either way, but I can't see him beating anyone better than Forrest.[/quote']

im a franklin fan too but i just dont see him beating thiago silva rampage shogun machida (who he has already lost to) or evans at this point in his career.

a match up with tito would be good and also a match up hith bones jones would be exciting but tbh i dont think he would even beat liddell

the only fighters id say he would def beat @ lhw (that are not lower scale fighters) will be jardine and ortiz and he would be competitive against griffin and maybe win a decision

im a franklin fan too but i just dont see him beating thiago silva rampage shogun machida (who he has already lost to) or evans at this point in his career.

a match up with tito would be good and also a match up hith bones jones would be exciting but tbh i dont think he would even beat liddell

the only fighters id say he would def beat @ lhw (that are not lower scale fighters) will be jardine and ortiz and he would be competitive against griffin and maybe win a decision

Oh heck no.... Well maybe he would beat Rampage, but I don't know.

I think with Liddell is he would eventually catch Rich... In my opinion, Liddell is going to return with a vengeance and be a big problem in the LHW... again.

liddella and franklin are in the same boat in that division.....both former champs who cant beat the elite in the division....honestly franklin should do better than liddell....everyone knocking jardine but didnt he dominate liddel? basically what im saying is all of these guys will be no better than the middle of the pack in this division at best...

liddella and franklin are in the same boat in that division.....both former champs who cant beat the elite in the division....honestly franklin should do better than liddell....everyone knocking jardine but didnt he dominate liddel? basically what im saying is all of these guys will be no better than the middle of the pack in this division at best...

I wouldnt say Jardine dominated Liddell. Liddell could be over the hill or he might have just needed some time for his nervous sytem to recover from all the KO's. I think Rich is being underestimated a bit here, but i agree that he probably wont hold a LHW title in his career, mostly because i think he has quite a size disadvantage.

I don't think it would be that far-fetched for Rich to make the top 5. All he needs to do is string together a few wins over a couple of the fighters already mentioned here and he is right in the mix. A title shot? Who knows? He doesn't need to run through the entire division to get a title shot. If he ends up in the right fight at the right time (on a winning streak) anything is possible.

Rich should have stayed at 205 to begin with. He would have been probably as successful at that weight as he was at 185. There would have been a huge fight for the #1 contendership against Tito. Assuming he beat Tito, there would have been a titanic fight for the belt against Chuck plus the rematches. The stuff of legend I think.

Archived