Nate Marquardt next in line for title shot?

freedom

http://fightmarks.com/story.php?title=defining-nate-marquardt

The 30-year-old middleweight contender will tackle Chael Sonnen in the UFC 109 ?Relentless? co-main event on Feb. 6 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. Marquardt believes a victory over the Team Quest veteran, decisive or otherwise, will position him for a second crack at UFC gold.

?I was told that,? Marquardt says. ?I think that?s what fans are going to want.?

For nearly three years, he has patiently chased a rematch with UFC middleweight king Anderson Silva, even as fighters many viewed as less deserving -- Vitor Belfort being the latest -- leapfrogged him in the 185-pound pecking order. Marquardt, though he made his desires known, never walked out of step with his core values.

I predict after Silva KO's Belfort he Relinquishes the belt for a few super fights before he retires for the big money,

Nate subs Sonnen in 2 and is named #1 contender.

Nate and Belfort fight for the title and Nate wins via KO.

Thus begins the age of Marquadt... gonna have to work on that,

The Nate Era?...nahh

I got it..The Age of Greatness! yeah that's got a good ring, gonna have to call Goldberg and give him permission to (over)use it!

I predict after Silva KO's Belfort he Relinquishes the belt for a few super fights before he retires for the big money' date='

Nate subs Sonnen in 2 and is named #1 contender.

Nate and Belfort fight for the title and Nate wins via KO.

Thus begins the age of Marquadt... gonna have to work on that,

The Nate Era?...nahh

I got it..The Age of Greatness! yeah that's got a good ring, gonna have to call Goldberg and give him permission to (over)use it![/quote']

'The Age of Greatness' ..thats ..well, great! lol

Nate should already be in line for a title shot. Other than Anderson, nobody can beat him at MW. He will be the next dominant ruler of the division. He is quickly becoming one of my favorite fighters. Very classy young man and a great fighter. No pun intended.

And I love how every thread on this forum turns into a Fedor bashing. I'm looking at you Hizoka.

other than marquart' date=' i couldnt see anyone else deserving a shot. i hope silva stays at MW, instead of LHW. He needs to defend his title 3 times a year, not once[/quote']

all champs do...it just shows who the best champ is...Penn cause he is most durable, he defended twice in one year lol

Marquardt is a great fighter but he cant sleep on chael sonnen' date=' sonnen has great wrestling and is a veteran of the sport. I take Marquardt by unanimous decision it will be hard for Nate to get and hold Sonnen down.[/quote']

marquart will tko sonnen round 2. coming from jacksons camp he will be very prepared and have a great strategy

I don't like to say it like that. Hardy is a good fighter' date=' but not on GSP's level. GSP is going to put on the best show of his career. I think Hardy is getting KO'd/TKO'd by GSP. My opinion.[/quote']

gsp IMO will simply outclass hardy. unless he gets caught, which i dont think he will, i think he will be very patient just as we saw in the alves fight. he will walk away the champ

gsp IMO will simply outclass hardy. unless he gets caught' date=' which i dont think he will, i think he will be very patient just as we saw in the alves fight. he will walk away the champ[/quote']

GSP is winning that fight. I think he is going to do it with a KO/TKO.

What about Alves vs.Hardy or Daley?

Assuming Marquardt wins his next fight. He SHOULD be next in line for a title fight. I'd personally rather see Silva at 205 but what can you do. If he stays at 185 after Belfort..assuming HE wins. I'd like to see Silva fight Nate...and then call it a day at 185. Head up to 205 or have the GSP fight. Because after beating Nate again (assuming he does) he really has NOTHING left to prove at 185 and it would be a waste of the worlds greatest talent in this sport.

Cheers

-DR

Assuming Marquardt wins his next fight. He SHOULD be next in line for a title fight. I'd personally rather see Silva at 205 but what can you do. If he stays at 185 after Belfort..assuming HE wins. I'd like to see Silva fight Nate...and then call it a day at 185. Head up to 205 or have the GSP fight. Because after beating Nate again (assuming he does) he really has NOTHING left to prove at 185 and it would be a waste of the worlds greatest talent in this sport.

Cheers

-DR

Yep couldn't agree more.

I just recently watched few older Pride fights and all I saw was Vitor losing to Hendo, Owereem and so on. And he lost very decisivily against Alistair and at the time Alistair wasnt that good...Vitor got owned in the standup and on the ground in that fight. I dont think he is the right opponent for Silva. Hendo or Nate would both be better in my opinion.

Cheers

-DR

yes id like to see him fight nate, and then permently move up to LHW

Archived