Ed Soares: "Anderson open to heavyweight fights"

freedom

http://fightmarks.com/story.php?title=ed-soares-anderson-open-to-heavyweight-fights

Anderson Silva is open to fighting at heavyweight at some point in the future, according to his manager Ed Soares, who reveals the possible move on tonight?s episode of MMA Live. Soares says that Silva is motivated by the prospect of being involved in the best fights he can be.

"He wants to be in the biggest fights possible, where it's GSP, whether it'd be at light heavyweight, or whether it'd even be at heavyweight. It doesn't make a difference. He wants to be involved in the biggest fights possible."

yeah hes all hype now.. hes saying things that he knows will not happen the US rules do not allow for open weight fights and he knows that... and they willnot sanction a fight between anderson and a big HW because it will not be considered a equal match

I dont think he means an open weight fight. I believe Anderson would step up a weight class to fight at 205 - which as we all know he has done in the past.

The one fight I want to see is GSP/Anderson. This would be a huge fight.

I dont think he means an open weight fight. I believe Anderson would step up a weight class to fight at 205 - which as we all know he has done in the past.

The one fight I want to see is GSP/Anderson. This would be a huge fight.

hes trying to hype Anderson

People are starting to see how Dana is protecting anderson from the fighters better then he is... so Ed is tring to get andrson to look good

People are starting to see how Dana is protecting anderson from the fighters better then he is... so Ed is tring to get andrson to look good

what fighter/s are you talking about?

Vitor is next and I think Vitor is a pretty legit fighter. Yes Marquardt deserved the title shot more than Vitor but that doesnt mean Dana is protecting Anderson.

what fighter/s are you talking about?

Vitor is next and I think Vitor is a pretty legit fighter. Yes Marquardt deserved the title shot more than Vitor but that doesnt mean Dana is protecting Anderson.

its been a while since Belfort cut to 85...hes going to be weakand Anderson willmake fast work...the Silva will avoid Nate again

its been a while since Belfort cut to 85...hes going to be weakand Anderson willmake fast work...the Silva will avoid Nate again

If Anderson wins vs Vitor and then refuses to fight Nate then yes I will agree with you. Coz I think Nate is the guy to beat Anderson.

I must be sleepy, b/c I thought I just read you saying Dana is protecting Anderson from the fighters better than he is????????????????????? Come on man, there is NO ONE better than the spider, and he sure as He@# doesn't need protecting from anyone. Anderson could take on and destroy any fighter in any weight class, UFC OR Strikforce. He is on a level all by his lonesome, and no one even comes close to being half as good as him...The world will wait many years to see another Anderson Silva.

let him fight Randy Couture at 205 lbs.

I also think Shogun has a Great shot at Anderson.....

Style wise I also think Tito would have a good match against Anderson.

Tito can take him down...and Tito is very active within the guard.

Also Let Chuck Liddell Fight him at 205 lbs,.

Also Let Chuck Liddell Fight him at 205 lbs' date='.[/quote']

First, If Silva fought Randy it would be the end of Randy's career, he would retire him.

Shogun would be a good fight against Silva but if I was shogun and I won the LHW belt I'd make him have to fight Machida before I gave him a shot.

Tito would get his face ripped off it wouldn't go to the ground.

And what did Chuck ever do to you? Did he like run over your puppy or something? Why would you send him off to be executed? can he have a blindfold atleast?

The only fight that would be competitive of any you have listed would be Shogun vs. Anderson. The others are not worth the time.

Oh yeah and I like Randy and Chuck, hate Tito and everyone knows I'm a shogun fan.

I must be sleepy' date=' b/c I thought I just read you saying Dana is protecting Anderson from the fighters better than he is????????????????????? Come on man, there is NO ONE better than the spider, and he sure as He@# doesn't need protecting from anyone. Anderson could take on and destroy any fighter in any weight class, UFC OR Strikforce. He is on a level all by his lonesome, and no one even comes close to being half as good as him...The world will wait many years to see another Anderson Silva.[/quote']

This is a very bold statement about the champion of the weakest division by far in the UFC. He's not faced anyone near elite in the LHW division and you honestly think he can step up in a recently extremely competitive HW division? Honestly man i've been drinking but not enough to keep up with you and this statement! :P

First' date=' If Silva fought Randy it would be the end of Randy's career, he would retire him.[/quote']

Lesnar didn't retire Couture i'm sure "fed opponents from the worst division of the UFC MW champion" Anderson Silva won't retire him either. Further, Courture's wresting will cause alot of problems for Anderson. Silva's not faced anyone near as big and strong with the wrestling pedigree Couture has and a good/bordering great wrestler will be the end of Silva.

Anderson Silva is an excellent fighter but he needs to be given some REAL competition not spoon fed his last few opponents to fortify his legacy to those who can't open their eyes and accurately judge the competititon he's had. (2 cents smiley)

Lesnar didn't retire Couture i'm sure "fed opponents from the worst division of the UFC MW champion" Anderson Silva won't retire him either. Further' date=' Courture's wresting will cause alot of problems for Anderson. Silva's not faced anyone near as big and strong with the wrestling pedigree Couture has and a good/bordering great wrestler will be the end of Silva.

Anderson Silva is an excellent fighter but he needs to be given some REAL competition not spoon fed his last few opponents to fortify his legacy to those who can't open their eyes and accurately judge the competititon he's had. (2 cents smiley)[/quote']

A strong wrestler does pose challenges to Anderson Silva but Randy is not the fighter to put into a fight with Anderson. It is time for him to pass the torch he is showing his age. I like Randy its because of that, that I do not wish to see him in a fight that he cannot win.

Lesnar didn't retire Couture i'm sure "fed opponents from the worst division of the UFC MW champion" Anderson Silva won't retire him either. Further' date=' Courture's wresting will cause alot of problems for Anderson. Silva's not faced anyone near as big and strong with the wrestling pedigree Couture has and a good/bordering great wrestler will be the end of Silva.

Anderson Silva is an excellent fighter but he needs to be given some REAL competition not spoon fed his last few opponents to fortify his legacy to those who can't open their eyes and accurately judge the competititon he's had. (2 cents smiley)[/quote']

Last time I checked, Dan Henderson was a pretty good wrestler. Maybe better then Couture?

Last time I checked' date=' Dan Henderson was a pretty good wrestler. Maybe better then Couture?[/quote']

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe a wrestler that's not a greco guy would do well against Silva. I really don't know only time will tell on who will beat Silva. I just wish he wouldn't have got injured I like to see the champs fight at least 3 times a year. After all they do have the most to prove being a reigning champion. :)

Please stop trolling.

Dan Henderson was a legit wrestler and seen as the second best middleweight. He had no chance against silva who beat him at his own game. The first round is a warmup for Silva, we all know that.

If you think you got a fighter that you know can win over Silva, ask yourself if you think he?s anywhere near the P4P-kings in terms of fighting.

Silva isn't avoiding anyone.

I agree that after Vitor...assuming Silva wins...and assuming Nate wins...

If Silva ever again defends his title at 185 it should and MUST be against Marquardt.

But don't be surprised if Silva goes back up to 205 after Belfort. First off....after Griffin...Silva isn't going to fight anyone at 205 other than an upper level guy. But if this DOES happen..it doesn't mean he's "avoiding" Nate.

So in short...after Belfort...at 185 assuming the aforementioned...I expect Silva to fight Nate. And I don't think Silva will have a problem...I think he sees that Nate's earned it.

But then...this whole response may be a waste of breath...considering you are a self described "troll" *chuckle*

Either way...

Cheers sir!

-DR

First...Silva...destroys Couture.

As for your wrestling comment..this leads well into my next statement. Considering you obviously have no viable knowledge concerning Silva's past opponents..I think it's safe to conclude that your comments regarding his lack of competition are equally incorrect.

I thought we were talking about Anderson Silva here...not Fedor.

Cheers

-DR

yeah hes all hype now.. hes saying things that he knows will not happen the US rules do not allow for open weight fights and he knows that... and they willnot sanction a fight between anderson and a big HW because it will not be considered a equal match

I don't understand why the state athletic commission prevent fighters to fight in open weight class.. It's more realistic because in an actual fight, you aren't fighting people the same weight as you, and none of this equal BS. If two fighters agree on an open weight class 155-265 then why would the AC step in? I want to see A. Silva vs Brock Lesnar!! I wouldn't know who'll win it's scary how good A. Silva is = /..

there's countless video fights of guys weighing 2x less than their opponent in early ufc days and still coming out victorious.. The SAC is watering down the sport w/ their nonsense.

Silva would be allowed to fight at HW as far as commissions go. No official would disallow him from competing up there. The issue really is..would Dana White allow it?

What you'd have is Silva beating the mid to lower guys on the HW ladder. Leaving like 3 guys at the top big enough to overpower Silva potentially...and they'd just pass the belt back and forth. So the danger with letting Silva go up to HW from Dana's perspective would be that it's already the weakest division in THE ENTIRE SPORT...and having one guy...take away matchups for the hell of it without ever being a really really viable contender for the title at HW...just doesn't make sense.

As far as Silva v Lesnar goes.

Anderson Silva is my personal favorite fighter. Anderson Silva is the greatest fighter walking.

But the reality is...skill goes out the window...if Lesnar gets in the "Mir Position"

Is it POSSIBLE that Silva beats Lesnar? Sure. But I think the vast majority of the time...Lesnar wins via "big" just like he did against Mir.

All that said..would I pay 100 dollars just to see that fight? And would I probably have a heart attack from anticipation. Abso - ****ing - lutely.

But my personal...and what I consider to be a viable dream matchup..is Silva v Fedor.

Cheers

-DR

Also Let Chuck Liddell Fight him at 205 lbs' date='.[/quote']

tito ortiz oh my god he would get killed, worst fighter.

and i would love to see more then anything silva vs fedor and silva vs gsp, and one of those fights can be possible in the short term. who would rather see nate the great get another shot at silva over gsp vs silva? the fight with gsp would be so much bigger, not saying the other one shouldnt happen, but if silva's gonna retire soon, actually who knows if he is or not, i hope he doesn't

I tend to agree.

I want to see Silva in the big fights that mean something. He's talked retirement. Who knows how many more fights he's got left in him at the top...I don't want to see those fights wasted on rematches. I agree that Nate DESERVES a title shot again...but I'm just not as excited to see it as I would be with..

Silva v Jackson

Silva v Evans

Silva v Rua

Silva v GSP

etc...

Cheers

-DR

I tend to agree.

I want to see Silva in the big fights that mean something. He's talked retirement. Who knows how many more fights he's got left in him at the top...I don't want to see those fights wasted on rematches. I agree that Nate DESERVES a title shot again...but I'm just not as excited to see it as I would be with..

Silva v Jackson

Silva v Evans

Silva v Rua

Silva v GSP

etc...

Cheers

-DR

yeah definitely silva vs rua as well, especially if rua beats machida, i like machida more then rua but i want rua to win just so silva can go for the lhw belt.

not so much excited for silva vs evans cause i don't really rate evans, pretty sure jackson will smash him, jackson vs silva would be cool.

if anderson wins vs vitor and then refuses to fight nate then yes i will agree with you. Coz i think nate is the guy to beat anderson.

i most diffidently agree...nate to me should be considered in p4p best category...plus he has improved so far past what he was the first time they met and silva know it.

Last time I checked' date=' Dan Henderson was a pretty good wrestler. Maybe better then Couture?[/quote']

Yes, and I figured on this coming up. Dan Henderson didn't hold the HW title. I know Courture is aging but people underestimate his wrestling and STRENGTH big time. The man did better with Lesnar than a larger Frank Mir. This is something I don't see Henderson doing.

Please stop trolling.

Dan Henderson was a legit wrestler and seen as the second best middleweight. He had no chance against silva who beat him at his own game. The first round is a warmup for Silva' date=' we all know that.

If you think you got a fighter that you know can win over Silva, ask yourself if you think he?s anywhere near the P4P-kings in terms of fighting.[/quote']

Not trolling, Dan Henderson is not Randy Couture. You can't lump all wrestlers together. That's like lumping all BJJ practitioners together. Each has their own strengths and Couture's lies in being a much larger stronger wrestler than Hendo.

First...Silva...destroys Couture.

As for your wrestling comment..this leads well into my next statement. Considering you obviously have no viable knowledge concerning Silva's past opponents..I think it's safe to conclude that your comments regarding his lack of competition are equally incorrect.

I thought we were talking about Anderson Silva here...not Fedor.

Cheers

-DR

Actually I do have knowledge hence my comments of his lack of challenges. The guy is damn good don't get me wrong but in the MW division you just don't have many challenges and he's not fought anyone that great at LHW other than a very mediocre Forrest Griffen.

Ok, I'll give you he fought Dan Henderson and a different then today Nate M. but other than that who cares, don't hear much about any of his past oppents today much atleast not in the sense that they are knocking on any title shots (Hendo if he stayed and Nate M. excluded). So raining in a division of 3 good fighters including the champion makes you best p4p? Sorry, I don't buy into the hype.

I know i'm just a nobody but fights I want to see Anderson take include:

Rampage

Shogun

Machida

Jones (with a little more experience his length/reach is one of the biggest reason for Andersons succes in his division and Jones has the same advantage)

Marquart for another fight

I'd like to see Couture as well but I am aware that Couture's age is getting up there and his take downs aren't happening very fast any more. Obviously he doesn't want to stand with Silva. I do see Couture working better and controling Silva much better then Hendo did on the ground if he gets the take down.

He beats a few of these guys then I'll give into the hype.

First of all, anderson silva is a ****y, whining, annoying, arrogant, fight-ducking, b*tch

Secondly, he's gonna get KOed by vitor. everyone thats riding silva's nut-train on a first class ticket needs to calm down and think logically for a minute. yes, anderson is arguably the best all-around technical striker in MMA with a lot of KO power in both hands, combined with speed and accuracy. I said "arguably" because shogun and lyoto are also just as good, and on any given day any one of the three can be the best. but vitor belfort is no joke.

Vitor may not be as technically sound of a striker as anderson, but he is more than capable of knocking anderson (or any fighter for that matter) out. if anderson tries his usual bullsh*t of dropping his hands and trying to bob and weave, he will get hit. vitor isn't the usual sub-par level striker that anderson has become accustomed to fighting and destroying. guys like forrest, hendo, irvin, and nate (nate is better now, but im talking when they fought) are all average strikers, and all but forrest have legit KO power; but the speed and fluidity of the top level strikers is not there.

Vitor however, is a top-level striker. all around anderson may be a better striker but vitor will be the best striker anderson would have ever fought, and both possess good chins. additionally, if things get too dicey on the feet vitor can always take anderson down, seeing as he is a far better wrestler. they are both accomplished BJJ black belts and i dont see this fight ending by submission

KO power = even

hand speed = vitor

kicks = anderson

wrestling = vitor

BJJ = even

cardio = anderson

First of all' date=' anderson silva is a ****y, whining, annoying, arrogant, fight-ducking, b*tch[/quote']

Okay...I read that and I knew all I needed to know about the worth of your opinion. That said I still read the rest of what you wrote.

Anderson knows what he's dealing with in Belfort. He'll fight this fight accordingly.

Could Silva lose? Yes. Do I think he'll likely win? Yes.

You obviously have an issue with Silva being the best fighter walking at the moment. I don't know why it bothers you so much. Are you a Fedor fan by any chance?

Cheers

-DR

First of all' date=' anderson silva is a ****y, whining, annoying, arrogant, fight-ducking, b*tch

Secondly, he's gonna get KOed by vitor. everyone thats riding silva's nut-train on a first class ticket needs to calm down and think logically for a minute. yes, anderson is arguably the best all-around technical striker in MMA with a lot of KO power in both hands, combined with speed and accuracy. I said "arguably" because shogun and lyoto are also just as good, and on any given day any one of the three can be the best. but vitor belfort is no joke.

Vitor may not be as technically sound of a striker as anderson, but he is more than capable of knocking anderson (or any fighter for that matter) out. if anderson tries his usual bullsh*t of dropping his hands and trying to bob and weave, he will get hit. vitor isn't the usual sub-par level striker that anderson has become accustomed to fighting and destroying. guys like forrest, hendo, irvin, and nate (nate is better now, but im talking when they fought) are all average strikers, and all but forrest have legit KO power; but the speed and fluidity of the top level strikers is not there.

Vitor however, is a top-level striker. all around anderson may be a better striker but vitor will be the best striker anderson would have ever fought, and both possess good chins. additionally, if things get too dicey on the feet vitor can always take anderson down, seeing as he is a far better wrestler. they are both accomplished BJJ black belts and i dont see this fight ending by submission

KO power = even

hand speed = vitor

kicks = anderson

wrestling = vitor

BJJ = even

cardio = anderson[/quote']

You think you know what your talking about, but you don?t.

Vitor isn?t on the same level as Anderson, not even close.

Silva will pick him apart like he does with everybody, he is the greatest fighter in the world right know.

And please STFU about Silva ducking opponents.. Why would the greatest fighter in the world duck opponents? ****in idiot.

Anderson seems to be becoming a hype machine without the will to risk anything at this stage. Sure he stepped up to face James Irvin and Forrest Griffin at LHW - woop-de-mutha-frackin-do. The end result in those fights was predictable.

Anderson's first priority should be defending his Middleweight title and he shpuldn't be making noises about Nate Marquadt 'not being worthy' - it demeans himself, the title and effectively the whole division that Nate has walked through to get back to his shot.

Belfort is a threat, but Anderson seems to be putting him off (perhaps hoping that the naturally 205lb fighter will miss his cut?)

Anderson needs to beat both of these guys, then step up to LHW and fight genuine contenders - even if he doesn't want to face Machida or Little Nog, he should still be looking for fights against Shogun, Rampage, Rashad, Thiago etc. rather than limited strikers like Forrest.

IMHO, Anderson would really struggle to make heavyweight, and his key element (his speed) would be taken away - in much the same was as BJ Penn was exposed when he ballooned in weight. I think the sometime mooted Silva-Mir match would be a decimation by Frank, and Fedor would eat a bloated Anderson for lunch...

Anderson, please get your little mouthpiece to shut his trap, defend your title against all reasonable challengers and if you still think you are gravy, then step up to LHW full time and fight guys who might just knock you the frack out. Then I might start to respect your character, rather than just your skills...

Anderson seems to be becoming a hype machine without the will to risk anything at this stage. Sure he stepped up to face James Irvin and Forrest Griffin at LHW - woop-de-mutha-frackin-do. The end result in those fights was predictable.

Anderson's first priority should be defending his Middleweight title and he shpuldn't be making noises about Nate Marquadt 'not being worthy' - it demeans himself' date=' the title and effectively the whole division that Nate has walked through to get back to his shot.

Belfort is a threat, but Anderson seems to be putting him off (perhaps hoping that the naturally 205lb fighter will miss his cut?)

Anderson needs to beat both of these guys, then step up to LHW and fight genuine contenders - even if he doesn't want to face Machida or Little Nog, he should still be looking for fights against Shogun, Rampage, Rashad, Thiago etc. rather than limited strikers like Forrest.

IMHO, Anderson would really struggle to make heavyweight, and his key element (his speed) would be taken away - in much the same was as BJ Penn was exposed when he ballooned in weight. I think the sometime mooted Silva-Mir match would be a decimation by Frank, and Fedor would eat a bloated Anderson for lunch...

Anderson, please get your little mouthpiece to shut his trap, defend your title against all reasonable challengers and if you still think you are gravy, then step up to LHW full time and fight guys who might just knock you the frack out. Then I might start to respect your character, rather than just your skills...[/quote']

The end results were predictable...like with Werdum?

He hasn't said nate "isnt worthy" in fact just the opposite he recently said he believes Marquardt will be MW champ in the future. Do you know what you are talking about?

I'd also like to see Silva fight the upper guys at 205. No argument there...and after what he did to Forrest I guarantee all future fights at 205 will be against the upper tier.

Belfort could win sure. I don't think he will. But the fight has been pushed back because of surgery...and pushing a fight back doesn't help a guy MISS weight. It helps him MAKE it because he's got more time to cut down smart instead of draining himself cutting nothing but water.

I think Silva would still be fast at HW...I think any difference would be largely negligible. Penn didn't prepare for that fight correctly...he didn't make himself a WW. He was a LW that didn't put in the work to cut down. There's a difference. And against a guy like GSP you NEED to do things right. So it's not a direct analogy between Silva and Penn going up in weight.

From Fedor's perspective. I think Silva v Fedor would be VERY competitive at best for Fedor. And at worst I think Silva dominates Fedor.

Cheers

-DR

I don't see or think Silva will step up to HW other than to fight a can at best. If you watch him fight he uses his reach and length to his advantage in fight's i've seen him in. Obviously HWs are larger frame individuals and Silva will not have this advantage which will be a huge problem for him.

Belfort's hands are faster; Silva's timing is better I think the two items get confused.

I hope to see Silva in the ring soon and hope Belfort has the answer for the length/reach/timing advantage Silva will have. Silva seems to be able to take punishment though so it's going to take more than one from Belfort!

Hell... it's working for Fedor.. can't blame Silva for trying it too.

Archived