Maia frustrated at not getting title shot

freedom

http://fightmarks.com/story.php?title=maia-only-as-good-as-last-fight

Demian Maia has revealed his frustration after being passed over for a title shot following his loss to Nate Marquardt. The Brazilian Jiu Jitsu ace says he has had to come to terms with the fact that ?you are only as good as your last fight?.

He made the comments to Brazilian blog Terra ahead of his UFC 109 clash with Dan Miller. The clash was originally scheduled for the preliminary part of the card, something that Maia found a little galling considering he was previously a main card fighter and being talked up as a contender.

l like Maia...but he has to develop some striking skills..to go with his excellent ground game.......isnt he one of frank Mirs training partners...along with .....Forest Griffin...Paulo Filhio.....Torres........and Brock trains with .........mmmmmmm.....oh ya some local wrestlers.....LOL.......Brock is going to get submitted again! TAP TAP TAP

Gotta beat the top contenders first.

I like Maia' date=' but come on.[/quote']

No sh*t, wtf did he think they were gonna do wake him up from the lullaby Nate sang him and ask him "Hey, want a title shot?" lmao, i'm a big fan of his but like you said, cmon! kick miller's **** and maybe one more fight, Wandy/Bisping winner and then you'll get your shot.

yeah I dont see what the he is complaining about. I guess Vitor waltzing in for a title shot might piss some ppl off but its not like Maia is on an unbeaten streak and deserved the shot anyway.

I like Maia but personally I dont see him as the champ at 185.

I dunno. His BJJ is solid, and Marquardt didn't really fight him.. One punch and done.

No sh*t' date=' wtf did he think they were gonna do wake him up from the lullaby Nate sang him and ask him "Hey, want a title shot?" lmao, i'm a big fan of his but like you said, cmon! kick miller's **** and maybe one more fight, Wandy/Bisping winner and then you'll get your shot.[/quote']

exactly lol

Like...dude you JUST lost to someone who DOESN'T have the title and you were expecting a title shot. Did you not see you just ended up on the WRONG side of a highlight reel? haha come on Maia...learn to pull guard asap and take the fight to the ground. Don't try anything fancy, just pull a Royce Gracie and fake a punch and go for the takedown already and let me see that bad **** BJJ in action!

I think Maia is worthy of a main card fight. But i don't see why he is upset about not getting a title shot. I thought you had to win to get one of those.

yea. hes got skills, he just needs to use them. that fight with marquart he didnt get to showcase anything. hes a great bjj practicioner

I don't get what gives with all the whining about Vitor getting a title shot. It's annoying to see grown men whine, when some of them have already had a chance at the title, and yet blew it. Vitor was on a winning streak for a long time before he joined the UFC. He beat some top level guys in other divisions. It's not like he's some loser that just came in, and got a title shot.

I hope my prediction comes through, and Vitor knocks out A. Silva, so that the hype man is finally exploited for what he is. HYPE.

I don't get what gives with all the whining about Vitor getting a title shot. It's annoying to see grown men whine' date=' when some of them have already had a chance at the title, and yet blew it. Vitor was on a winning streak for a long time before he joined the UFC. He beat some top level guys in other divisions. It's not like he's some loser that just came in, and got a title shot.

I hope my prediction comes through, and Vitor knocks out A. Silva, so that the hype man is finally exploited for what he is. HYPE.[/quote']

There are fighters that can beat Anderson Silva. AS is vunerable against good wrestlers and we saw that in the Hendo fight.

I don't get what gives with all the whining about Vitor getting a title shot. It's annoying to see grown men whine' date=' when some of them have already had a chance at the title, and yet blew it. Vitor was on a winning streak for a long time before he joined the UFC. He beat some top level guys in other divisions. It's not like he's some loser that just came in, and got a title shot.

I hope my prediction comes through, and Vitor knocks out A. Silva, so that the hype man is finally exploited for what he is. HYPE.[/quote']

While I hope Vitor does knock him out so the division goes back to the people winning getting the title shots.

You call AS hype? As ****y as he is, he is the best fighter out there right now knocking out everyone in front of him in two different weight classes. Call it hype all you want, but he really has nothing to prove after such a dominating run.

+1

but -1 on A Silva being a hype....

I'm glad he's not getting the shot because i'm tired of mediorcore fights making A. Silva appear to be a god when in reality he's just really a good fighter nothing more. Belfort has a much better shot at it in my opinion and also Nate M. then NO ONE IN MW. If A. Silva fights and gets past Vitor and Nate once again it's time for him to go face REAL competition in LHW to prove if this guy is really as good as all of the hype says. He's not only hype but he's got a ton of it surrounding him.

While I hope Vitor does knock him out so the division goes back to the people winning getting the title shots.

You call AS hype? As ****y as he is' date=' he is the best fighter out there right now knocking out everyone in front of him in two different weight classes. Call it hype all you want, but he really has nothing to prove after such a dominating run.[/b']

This.

Archived