this is why strike force cant comepete with the ufc

Uwillsubmit

nick diaz v marius zaromskis

cyborg v coenen

robbie lawlor v melvin manhoef

hershell walker (lol) v greg nagy

bobby lashley v wes sims

this is the main card for there next event, sure they may put on a big show like they did 2 events ago with mousasi and fedor but they cant continulously put out high quality cards like the ufc.

IMO this is a pathetic main card and 2 fights on the main card seem like a novelty act with walker and lashley

this is why the UFC is the better product and this is why strikeforce will never be a major threat to the ufc other then 2-3 cards a year they will mostly put on garbage like this

ufc is better for sure' date=' but i'd rather watch strikeforce then watch nothing.[/quote']

Yep.

I don't think anybody is saying that Strikeforce is on the same ground as the UFC' date=' but it doesn't have to be. MMA is blowing up, and as long as they keep throwing money at name fighters, they will have a growing audience.

There's room for both to draw big audiences.[/quote']

Yep.

Completely agree with both of you. SF is the minors of MMA....but basically...because of either zero or poor testing standards or shallow rosters everything outside of the UFC is the minors so SF isn't alone.

The best in other orgs...would probably start as middle to upper middle guys in the UFC...maybe a few surprises come along...but remember Condit....and just WATCH what happens to Shields.

That said...I love MMA and I'm down to watch a good fight...and while the quality of fights and fighters isn't what it is in the UFC in, orgs like SF are the place to hone your skills and get to a point where you can begin working your way up the UFC ladder.

I fully expect Mousasi for instance to be in the UFC one day. I don't know that he'll ever be champ...but he'll do well.

Cheers

-DR

Yep.

Yep.

Completely agree with both of you. SF is the minors of MMA....but basically...because of either zero or poor testing standards or shallow rosters everything outside of the UFC is the minors so SF isn't alone.

The best in other orgs...would probably start as middle to upper middle guys in the UFC...maybe a few surprises come along...but remember Condit....and just WATCH what happens to Shields.

That said...I love MMA and I'm down to watch a good fight...and while the quality of fights and fighters isn't what it is in the UFC in' date=' orgs like SF are the place to hone your skills and get to a point where you can begin working your way up the UFC ladder.

I fully expect Mousasi for instance to be in the UFC one day. I don't know that he'll ever be champ...but he'll do well.

Cheers

-DR[/quote']

Im looking forward to watching Lashley fight. Srikeforce should try to sign Tim Sylvia.

Im looking forward to watching Lashley fight. Srikeforce should try to sign Tim Sylvia.

Me too. I just hope they get him a viable opponent. Not just a gimme.

But what I'm REALLY looking forward to..the first fight in SF that actually has me excited to see it is Mousasi v Lawal..can't wait for that one

Cheers sir

-DR

Me too. I just hope they get him a viable opponent. Not just a gimme.

But what I'm REALLY looking forward to..the first fight in SF that actually has me excited to see it is Mousasi v Lawal..can't wait for that one

Cheers sir

-DR

Has that fight been announced.

Has that fight been announced.

I think it's one of those things where it's all but official. Kinda like Silva v Belfort...it hasn't been made official yet..but barring injury everyone knows it's gonna happen. I don't think it's quite to that level yet..but I guess the high ups in SF want to make it happen...and so does Lawal..it's tentatively scheduled for May.

So we'll see. I'll tell you one thing..I'll be bummed if they don't make this fight...it's one of the few really legit...exciting fights...I can see the promotion making at this point.

Cheers

-DR

I think it's one of those things where it's all but official. Kinda like Silva v Belfort...it hasn't been made official yet..but barring injury everyone knows it's gonna happen. I don't think it's quite to that level yet..but I guess the high ups in SF want to make it happen...and so does Lawal..it's tentatively scheduled for May.

So we'll see. I'll tell you one thing..I'll be bummed if they don't make this fight...it's one of the few really legit...exciting fights...I can see the promotion making at this point.

Cheers

-DR

I whole heartedly agree. It's one of the fights that make the most sense if Strikeforce is to keep some kind of credibility. And the guys running the show have to know that. They are smart enough to see that they have two highly talented fighters in the same division' date=' who the fans want to see a fight between. Only a matter of time before it is official.

and.....

So he can get subbed by Fedor in the first minute of the fight in a different promotion than last time?

Look, I have respect for Sylvia. He went and did for a living something that we all just talk about. You gotta respect that. He even captured a title in the process. Considering the fact that he started with SEVERE athletic limitations (the guy literally didn't have enough coordination to jump rope when he first came to Indiana to train), I think he has alot to be proud of.

But as an armchair observer, who knows a small bit about the fight game...dude is past his time. I honestly think he was the HW champion because at the time the division was stagnant. We've all seen how he measures up against truly great fighters. Mir broke his arm, Randy beat the crap out of him for 25 minutes, and Fedor subbed him with a RNC he hadn't really sunk in all the way yet. After nearly KOing him with wild hook that had no hip rotation behind it.

Sylvia is a big strong dude, and hes developet the skills to be a pretty good mid level fighter. But nothing near top draw, not in today's world of highly athletic, highly talented HW fighters. He would do well against guys like Wes Sims, and Chris Tuscherer. But you put him with anyone with high level talent, he doesn't stand much more than a puncher's chance, and that's only due to his power and range.

Sad thing is that there is a good chance that Strikeforce will sign him. Which would prove the original point that they just can't compete with the UFC as a promotion. Picking up another mid level fighter as one if its top draws. Not that they specialize in the bottom of the barrel-they have a few very talented fighters. The just seem to have a talent for getting the people who can't go elsewhere.

cyborg v coenen

bobby lashley v wes sims

this is the main card for there next event' date=' sure they may put on a big show like they did 2 events ago with mousasi and fedor but they cant continulously put out high quality cards like the ufc.

IMO this is a pathetic main card and 2 fights on the main card seem like a novelty act with walker and lashley

this is why the UFC is the better product and this is why strikeforce will never be a major threat to the ufc other then 2-3 cards a year they will mostly put on garbage like this[/quote']

the only fighter i like on this card is marius zaromskis his kicks remind me of the pride cro cop

Strikeforce only has like 80 fighters under contract, give them a break, people!! They are doing damn good for such a small org and they have a lot of great talent. Personally I'm really looking forward to this card. Ruthless and Marvelous will be a ****ing BANGER!!!

Strike force is still coming up. With big names like Fedor, Mousasi, Hendo, Aoki and possibly Huerta going over they will do nothing but pick up steam. They already have a lot of good fighters and will continue to grow. Competition is good, stop wishing death upon SF.

2 big orgs means more fights (for fans), more money (for fighters) and more choice (for both).

Strikeforce only has like 80 fighters under contract' date=' give them a break, people!! They are doing damn good for such a small org and they have a lot of great talent. Personally I'm really looking forward to this card. Ruthless and Marvelous will be a ****ing BANGER!!!

Strike force is still coming up. With big names like Fedor, Mousasi, Hendo, Aoki and possibly Huerta going over they will do nothing but pick up steam. They already have a lot of good fighters and will continue to grow. Competition is good, stop wishing death upon SF.

[b']2 big orgs means more fights (for fans), more money (for fighters) and more choice (for both).[/b]

well said

Strikeforce only has like 80 fighters under contract' date=' give them a break, people!! They are doing damn good for such a small org and they have a lot of great talent. Personally I'm really looking forward to this card. Ruthless and Marvelous will be a ****ing BANGER!!!

2 big orgs means more fights (for fans), more money (for fighters) and more choice (for both).[/quote']

Mousasi. end of discussion lol

Idk if its just me or not

But i like UFC and want UFC to be the best

I can honestly say i have never watched strike force

i hate fedor and the fighters they have and theres no use in watching it

WEC is better than strike force

It's just you. Why the hell would you hate the SF guys? Are you going to say that you were a big Hendo fan, and now that he's on SF, he sucks?

Anything with a Diaz equals a crap card. So given that both companies have a Diaz they are pretty much on par for crap cards.

This guy here is a fool im excited about this strikeforce card and anytime i see Diaz i think dam heres a good card. Just to let you all know give it time a strikeforce will be competing with the UFC for a while mark my words.

sure they may put on a big show like they did 2 events ago with mousasi and fedor but they cant continulously put out high quality cards like the ufc.

this is why the UFC is the better product and this is why strikeforce will never be a major threat to the ufc other then 2-3 cards a year they will mostly put on garbage like this

With two previous UFC PPV's being as pathetically boring as they were I wouldn't be boasting about much better they are. And with the future snooze fest geriatric main card coming up next they should be worried.

This guy here is a fool im excited about this strikeforce card and anytime i see Diaz i think dam heres a good card. Just to let you all know give it time a strikeforce will be competing with the UFC for a while mark my words.

If you call me a fool, you are calling all of the SENIOR MEMBERS of the forum a fool. Because I am a SENIOR MEMBER and all SENIOR MEMBERS stick together! 100% trufff!

2 big orgs means more fights (for fans), more money (for fighters) and more choice (for both).[/quote']

Im hoping SF grows. The more talent they acquire the more likely UFC will drop there PPV prices or scramble for a deal on network television.

i like all mma the thing i dont like about strikeforce is that there promoters and owners always say they put on a good a show as the ufc and they have an equal product as the ufc when by this card is clearly not true.

and this is a PPV card? seriously this is one of the worst fight cards to ever hit PPV or even free to air TV here in the US, atleast the ufc arent blind and know when a card isnt PPV standard or try to promote it as a top line card, FFS they have hershell walker who is like 43 years old and never had a pro mma fight as the 3rd headline fight.

this card to me is just a novelty act

i dont know seems like a good card to me. easily matches up with the cards the UFC have been putting up lately due to their injuries. So yeah, i guess UFC has an excuss with injuries. But with walker and lashley being the bigger names, and whitemare being the hardcore mma fan draw against diaz. then your former champ going against a K1 striking legend in manhoeff, and to top it off the only female fighter worth watching about to beat up some other chick.

This card might just seem weak to UFC fans who dont know mma that well and are just UFC fans. (not to say if you think this card isnt your taste you arent a fan :), I dont want to say anything people wont like, lots of hate being thrown around this forum, dont want any directed at me)

and im in 100% agreeance with mike, its a sport. I can understand if people hate on a certain game like AKA or jackson. but hate the stage where the fighters fight is a little strange...i dont get it.

With two previous UFC PPV's being as pathetically boring as they were I wouldn't be boasting about much better they are. And with the future snooze fest geriatric main card coming up next they should be worried.

Weren't you the same guy who said "It's the Lesnar fans who boo ground game and are disrespectful to the sport".

yes the UFC started out with everyone they have now... and were never in the postion strikeforce is in right now... damn you people need to learn yu don't start out at the top... the UFC was horrible in terms of talent compared to pride for a large number of years... and honestly would still be that way had the Yakuza not taken its money out of pride

its more with SF saying they put out as good of product as the ufc when its clearly not true

It's their job to say that, and, I would have to agree that it is not true. My comment was more in reference to the guys that simply wont watch it or disregard any of their cards based on a strange loyalty to another company.

cyborg v coenen

bobby lashley v wes sims

this is the main card for there next event' date=' sure they may put on a big show like they did 2 events ago with mousasi and fedor but they cant continulously put out high quality cards like the ufc.

this is why the UFC is the better product and this is why strikeforce will never be a major threat to the ufc other then 2-3 cards a year they will mostly put on garbage like this[/quote']

Why do people still think that big names equal great fights? Do you all still think that all the best fights are only made when big UFC names are involved, simply not true. I love the UFC but Dana's 'I'm the main man' attitude will be his downfall in the end, the UFC is huge no doubt, but others are gaining on them.

I'm a fan of MMA, not just UFC. Competition makes everyone in the game work harder, do we want competition from Strikeforce? Of course we do.

And one more thing...MMA does not rise or fall on Fedor...if he doesn't want to come to the UFC so ****?

cyborg v coenen

bobby lashley v wes sims

What the hell are u complaining about? Its a free event.

Dude Strikeforce has never said it is as big as UFC. Ufc has on average 7 of the top 10 ranked fighters in each of the 5 main weightclasses as ranked by Sherdog. Strikeforce has a total of around 4 total fighters out of 50.

Strikeforce is good for fighters. Without it, salaries would be lower. If UFC was the only game in the US, then they wouldnt have to pay fighters crap. Strikeforce gives us more fights which is great. They have about 1/10 of the total fighters signed to contracts as the UFC does. Strikeforce is constantly scrambling to find replacement fighters a week before the fights which UFC doesnt have to do with all of the talent signed. Strikeforce is keeping their overhead low which Affliction did NOT do. Strikeforce has a lot of 2nd tier big name fighters that the fans know and when a fighter no longer has a chance to compete for a UFC championship and gets cut, then they can fight for Strikeforce and the fans can still see them.

Plus NO fan wants strikeforce to be as good as UFC because then it will become like boxing when champions will never fight the best competition. Fedor is in this 2nd tier organization because his managers are like the Don King of old. They protect their fighter from real fights. In the UFC, the champions constantly fight the very best. No one is protected. So even for 6 million a fight, Fedor's management turned down the UFC to make 700k for their fighter. Somewhere Don King and Bob Arum are smiling.

cyborg v coenen

bobby lashley v wes sims

Am I the only one who wants to see Marius kick Nick's head off?!

Say what you want about SF, but it's not done growing, and neither is the sport.

i think he a chance but i see nick winning a decision

Really depends on where it takes place.

Nick has said he wants to take the fight to the ground, which would easily be his safest bet. Marius doesn't threaten with subs, and from what I've seen, doesn't really look that comfortable defending off his back.

If it stays on the feet, and Diaz feels like brawling or putting on a show, he's gonna end up eating a shin.

That fight card does, in fact suck. I'm not surprised Bobby Lashley picked out Wes Simms for an opponent (Oh, and you suck Bobby, pick out a decent test already).

The only fight i'd want to see, or any fight for that matter is any fight with Melvin Manhoef. Dude is ridiculously strong, and does slams like the old Quinton Rampage Jackson. This dude should be in the UFC, cause he is just entertaining to watch. He's so powerful, it's reminiscent of Kevin Randleman, but with serious striking ability.

The other guys are basically okay. I think that UFC has the top brass fighters. Even the ones that did reasonably well within the UFC end up leaving, and dominating in the other federations (Nick Diaz and Fabricio Werdum).

Archived