Who is the best WW besides GSP?

TwiggaMan

Well we all know that GSP is the top WW in the UFC, and arguably the top p4p fighter in the world

but my real question is, with all the talent in the WW division, who do you guys think is #2 behind GSP?

is it the new improved Koscheck? maybe rising phenom Paul Daley?

Thiago Alves, Jon Fitch, Rumble Johnson, Dan Hardy....

its a stacked division but in my opinion KOS is number 2 because of his well roundedness, his wrestling combined with his ever improving striking game gives him the best chance against GSP imo

You are dumb' date=' let Dan Hardy fight, Alves or Fitch. Then say he is the #2 best.[/quote']

You're much dumber. Do you think UFC will put him there for the title fight if they don't think that he's the # 1 contender now. Since when you become a better analyst than those of UFC guys. Hardy will demolish the boring Fitch.

You're much dumber. Do you think UFC will put him there for the title fight if they don't think that he's the # 1 contender now. Since when you become a better analyst than those of UFC guys. Hardy will demolish the boring Fitch.

LOL, just go away.

Dan Hardy is the number #1 contender because he beat Swick not because he is the best shot at defeating GSP. GSP has cleaned out the division so they are just throwing people at him he hasn't beat. If Hardy fought Alves,Fitch. It would be like this, Alves outstrikes Hardy and TKO's him, Fitch would wrestle him to a decision easy.

LOL' date=' just go away.

Dan Hardy is the number #1 contender because he beat Swick not because he is the best shot at defeating GSP. GSP has cleaned out the division so they are just throwing people at him he hasn't beat. If Hardy fought Alves,Fitch. It would be like this, Alves outstrikes Hardy and TKO's him, Fitch would wrestle him to a decision easy.[/quote']

Marcus Davis is a Striker but Hardy defeats him. Hardy defeated Swick and Swick can beat Fitch, So Hardy can beat Fitch if they meet someday.

Marcus Davis is a Striker but Hardy defeats him. Hardy defeated Swick and Swick can beat Fitch' date=' So Hardy can beat Fitch if they meet someday.[/quote']

Well Swick and Fitch are from the same camp, so don't really make sense there. They wouldn't fight. Hardy is a hype train, just like your love for Brock your blind from yet another MMA truth, Hardy has been thrown to the Wolves...GSP.

Edit: Also comparing Marcus Davis too Alves is laughable.

BJ Penn is the best WW out there' date=' but i have no evidence of this right now.

You just have to wait until they fight again.[/quote']

Penn would get raped by any top 5 welterweight and his last pathtic performance against GSP clearly showed he has no business being in the octagon with him.

Well Swick and Fitch are from the same camp' date=' so don't really make sense there. They wouldn't fight. Hardy is a hype train, just like your love for Brock your blind from yet another MMA truth, Hardy has been thrown to the Wolves...GSP.

Edit: Also comparing Marcus Davis too Alves is laughable.[/quote']

All # 1 contender are always thrown to the wolves, after that they become Wolves as well. But win or loose after that fight, for now you cannot take away the truth that his the # 1 contender and the # 1 contender are next to the champ (GSP) which is what this thread is all about. Yeah your right comparing Davis to Alves is laughable, Davis is a former Pro boxer and his striking is much superior than Alves. I shouldn't have compared them. Thanks for enlightening me that Alves striking is inferior to Davis.

All # 1 contender are always thrown to the wolves' date=' after that they become Wolves as well. But win or loose after that fight, for now you cannot take away the truth that his the # 1 contender and the # 1 contender are next to the champ (GSP) which is what this thread is all about. Yeah your right comparing Davis to Alves is laughable, Davis is a former Pro boxer and his striking is much superior than Alves. I shouldn't have compared them. Thanks for enlightening me that Alves striking is inferior to Davis.[/quote']

Just because Hardy is the #1 contender doesn't mean he is the best welterweight besides GSP. Are you saying that when Chuck defended against Jeremy Horn, that Horn was the second best LHW in the world? fail

All # 1 contender are always thrown to the wolves' date=' after that they become Wolves as well. But win or loose after that fight, for now you cannot take away the truth that his the # 1 contender and the # 1 contender are next to the champ (GSP) which is what this thread is all about. Yeah your right comparing Davis to Alves is laughable, Davis is a former Pro boxer and his striking is much superior than Alves. I shouldn't have compared them. Thanks for enlightening me that Alves striking is inferior to Davis.[/quote']

Your a funny guy.

He is the #1 contender, the topic is on who is the #2 best WW, nothing to do with there title contention.

Alves is #2 best in my opinion, let's just agree to disagree.

Go to any website that ranks MMA fighters and most don't even have Hardy in the top5 in the world let alone #2.

Hardy is getting a title shot because everyone ranked above him in the UFC has already been beat by GSP.

Go to any website that ranks MMA fighters and most don't even have Hardy in the top5 in the world let alone #2.

Hardy is getting a title shot because everyone ranked above him in the UFC has already been beat by GSP.

It's okay let him believe what he wants to believe, he is a Brock fan after all. Brock is #1 HW in the world....lol

The reason why Hardy is not in their Top 5 is that Hardy hasn't face their guy on their # 2-4 rankings. But I Think if Hardy met those guys in their # 2-4, Hardy would anhillate those guys. Those are the things that UFC see's that's why they put him as the # 1 contender. The # 1 contender is always considered as the next to the champion (GSP)

The reason why Hardy is not in their Top 5 is that Hardy hasn't face their guy on their # 2-4 rankings. But I Think if Hardy met those guys in their # 2-4' date=' Hardy would anhillate those guys. Those are the things that UFC see's that's why they put him as the # 1 contender. The # 1 contender is always considered as the next to the champion (GSP)[/quote']

What? Lol, your avatar explains a lot of your knowledge. Grats.

The reason why Hardy is not in their Top 5 is that Hardy hasn't face their guy on their # 2-4 rankings. But I Think if Hardy met those guys in their # 2-4' date=' Hardy would anhillate those guys. Those are the things that UFC see's that's why they put him as the # 1 contender. The # 1 contender is always considered as the next to the champion (GSP)[/quote']

Cereal box logic! I like it.

You just reconfirmed my previous posts of how badly you have failed.

Of course only in SF he's the # 2 at HW that time' date=' 2nd to Fedor. I always say that the # 1 contender is always the guy next to the champion. But I think its just a matter of common sense.[/quote']

Try this for logic. Guy A is the division's champion. Guy B is widely considered the second best in the division for the longest time. Guy C is really good too, ranked 3, and Guy D is ranked 4.

Guy A and B fight. Guy A wins. So B gets knocked out of the runnings for a little bit. Guy C beats D and gets a title shot. So A and C are set to fight, making C the number one contender. Even though it is likely B would beat C if they ever fought.

So by your logic, guy C's title of number one contender instantly makes him number 2 in the division, even though guy B would beat him.

Sometimes thats how i look at the BJ Peen, Diego, KenFlo debacle. Only i'm not sure who is B and C. Guess we'll find out when they fight again.

GSP.

BJ Penn is the best WW out there' date=' but i have no evidence of this right now.

Dumb....BJ certainly proved he was the best WW out there the last time he fought GSP....I THINK NOT!!!

They will not fight again, BJ is too embarrassed and afraid to be made to look less than average by GSP.

GSP is miles better.

You should be given a SIG for this stupid comment!

People really think Fitch is better than Koscheck....Kos has better wrestling and wrestling is all Fitch has. This fight will never happen but I dont think Fitch would win. Its a throw up between Alvez and Koscheck. And Alvez and Fitch meet up at UFC 111 and Alvez prolly wont let Fitch have this fight

GSP.

HAHAHA! You are out to lunch! Bj is not even a top 5 WW!

He does not belong in the octagon with GSP. This has been proved twice now!

Bj at 170 = Weak. He will get smashed by any of the top 5 WW's.

Archived