Why fight's should never have more than one rematch

LegoPig

Tito - Shamrock

Chuck - Randy

Chuck - Tito

Brock - Mir (not yet, but looking probable)

I say having fighter face each other so often damages the business more that if helps in the long run. I mean, what is actually gained from any of the last fights (unless it is one a piece). Surely it would be better to allow some up and comers a chance at the big times and try to establish new stars and subsequently establishing a wider fanbase.

Just take a look at Gonzaga v Cro Cop as an example. If Cro Cop came in and fought a big name then nothing would be gained from it in the long run. But because Gonzaga won, it spawned a few high profile fights for him and bought him some fans and a title shot (which I think he was robbed of tbh) and garnered interest from fans.

So why not give the lower card guys a shot at the more established stars and give them a possible big name rub and generate some interest and new headline fights not the same old tired 3 fight formula.

I have nothing against rematches, but I do against pointless 3 match series just for the sake of having a big name main event at the expense of fighters who deserve a chance in the spotlight. This is why the UFC is struggling to put together good cards these days.

I have nothing against rematches' date=' but I do against pointless 3 match series just for the sake of having a big name main event at the expense of fighters who deserve a chance in the spotlight. This is why the UFC is struggling to put together good cards these days.[/quote']

I disagree. Besides the next 4-5 months of action is going to be spectacular.

Bisping vs Hendo (If he goes back to UFC). On their 2nd fight Bisping will KO Hendo for his revenge, then on the 3rd match Bisping will again KO Hendo to prove his critics wrong. This would result to British fans cheering and American fans weeping. American then need to wait for quite some time to get their revenge, coz British has only couple of fighters.

bisping vs hendo (if he goes back to ufc). On their 2nd fight bisping will ko hendo for his revenge' date=' then on the 3rd match bisping will again ko hendo to prove his critics wrong. This would result to british fans cheering and american fans weeping. American then need to wait for quite some time to get their revenge, coz british has only couple of fighters.[/quote']

[attach]715[/attach]

You are saying rubber matches are completely unnecessary?

Thats just stupid, people wanna know who really is the best out of the two, Mir has beaten Brock once, and vice versa, who will end up winning this last fight, thats the important thing, just like GSP/Matt Hughes

Tito - Shamrock

Chuck - Randy

Chuck - Tito

Brock - Mir (not yet' date=' but looking probable)

I say having fighter face each other so often damages the business more that if helps in the long run. I mean, what is actually gained from any of the last fights (unless it is one a piece). Surely it would be better to allow some up and comers a chance at the big times and try to establish new stars and subsequently establishing a wider fanbase.

Just take a look at Gonzaga v Cro Cop as an example. If Cro Cop came in and fought a big name then nothing would be gained from it in the long run. But because Gonzaga won, it spawned a few high profile fights for him and bought him some fans and a title shot (which I think he was robbed of tbh) and garnered interest from fans.

So why not give the lower card guys a shot at the more established stars and give them a possible big name rub and generate some interest and new headline fights not the same old tired 3 fight formula.[/quote']

Jon Jones vs Randy Couture= It would make Jones a star but I disagree with the post. I like to see rubber matches.

Bisping vs Hendo (If he goes back to UFC). On their 2nd fight Bisping will KO Hendo for his revenge' date=' then on the 3rd match Bisping will again KO Hendo to prove his critics wrong. This would result to British fans cheering and American fans weeping. American then need to wait for quite some time to get their revenge, coz British has only couple of fighters.[/quote']

No.

If the ufc didnt allow rematches, they'd have to tell Mir that they cant let him be the champion again until Brock loses, becauses he's already fought him before. Which, in my eyes is both unfair on Mir, as it doesnt allow him to show he has gotten better, doesnt allow him to avenge his loss, and also doesnt allow him to be champion even though he has proven he is more than worthy; which is just out right ridiculous.

Bisping vs Hendo (If he goes back to UFC). On their 2nd fight Bisping will KO Hendo for his revenge' date=' then on the 3rd match Bisping will again KO Hendo to prove his critics wrong. This would result to British fans cheering and American fans weeping. American then need to wait for quite some time to get their revenge, coz British has only couple of fighters.[/quote']

lol, this would only happen in one f***** up alternate dimension.

LMAO@ Your opinion and english.

i understand what ur saying but the thing (imho) i wouldnt really call chuck vs tito 3 a rematch simply because they are just both hanging out in the same spot in the ladder... like Lyoto vs Shogun thats a rematch... i mean who else is as low as chuck and tito in the LHW ladder... there is jardine... but i think tito vs chuck is going to draw more numbers than one of these guys with jardine

Yeah I agree. I really think the Tito/Chuck match is well borderline retarded. I don't see the point in it.

Yeah. I'm not too amped on Tito v Liddell. I love watching Chuck fight, but I think a rematch with Jardine would be perfect instead of Tito. Because it would give Chuck a chance to avenge a loss to a guy he probably didn't prepare well for, it would be a good medium/upper level guy for him to get a better idea of where he is in the division.

With Tito it's like beating a dead horse. The upside is that it's almost certainly another win for Liddell and we'll see where he goes from there.

Cheers

-DR

Archived