Spammers.

Stupid threads.

Fanboys.

Mainstreamers.

Fans with no grammar.

Trolls.

Etc.

Sheesh.

Didn't you hear? Everyone on the internet is better and tougher with opinions more valid than everyone else and dying to prove it! :P

Basically....cry more?

Nah but seriously if you break it down it's forum members that think they need to tell everyone Brock updates...when 500000000000000000000 other people already told us. No one uses the search Function. Worst thing that has hit this forum in a while, Brock Lesnar(any topic relating to him). True story. Bout as bad as Machida vs Shogun.

Hmm' date=' someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.[/quote']

No, It's just that I use to enjoy getting on this forum and reading what most fans had to say about UFC and the rest of the MMA world. But, as of recent just to find a good thread with valid discussions and debates I have to go through thread after thread of nonsense.

Basically....cry more?

Nah but seriously if you break it down it's forum members that think they need to tell everyone Brock updates...when 500000000000000000000 other people already told us. No one uses the search Function. Worst thing that has hit this forum in a while' date=' Brock Lesnar(any topic relating to him). True story. Bout as bad as Machida vs Shogun.[/quote']

I do come on here almost everyday though I don't post that much and I do notice ten million Brock threads a day. I understand supporting your favorite fighter and I can respect that but you don't see me come on here everyday posting a Wanderlei thread.

Maybe I'm just dumb but just what exactly is a "mainstreamer"?

Sounds like a UA test technician...

People who are now becoming "fans" of UFC and MMA because of how popular the sport is becoming. Not because of the actual sport and fighters, but because they see everyone else out watching UFC and buying Tapout shirts.

For example: I asked this one kid who was wearing a Tapout shirt and talking about the Serra/GSP fight who his favorite fighter was, and his answer was Mike Tyson.

No' date=' It's just that I use to enjoy getting on this forum and reading what most fans had to say about UFC and the rest of the MMA world. But, as of recent just to find a good thread with valid discussions and debates I have to go through thread after thread of nonsense.[/quote']

Seems today, especially, but it has definately been on the rise.

I agree,I logged on to the forum today and on the front page theres like 7 Threads about Lesnar,Come on,everyones allowed freedom of speech and all that, but give it a break, all these Lesnar hate threads,Bisping overated threads,Hardy GSP a ridiculous fight threads etc are getting extremely boring

People who are now becoming "fans" of UFC and MMA because of how popular the sport is becoming. Not because of the actual sport and fighters' date=' but because they see everyone else out watching UFC and buying Tapout shirts.

For example: I asked this one kid who was wearing a Tapout shirt and talking about the Serra/GSP fight who his favorite fighter was, and his answer was Mike Tyson.[/quote']

I would've told him he does not deserve to wear that shirt.

I think healthy debate about topics here in the forum is great. It keeps it entertaining IMO. But I agree so many threads a day are started about the same 3 heavyweights. I find one or two entertaining and try not to take them to seriously. The sad part is they seam to bleed over in every other thread. You cant have a good discussion because everything keeps going back to the same old thing.

Solution= Instead of just the UFC pick to enter the forums they should make subcategories of the UFC forum. Like HW LHW MW ext. on the right side of the page we could have links to quickly navigate to another section within the UFC umbrella. There could also be recent threads relative to their respective catagories.

This would be ideal for the growing numbers of insignificant, repeating threads, but would take a retooling of the forum section.

On a side note I never expect to see this happen, so in the meantime keep digging around and you will find something worth discussing.

So true m8. This forum is ****ed..

I would def. pay for a forum with normal people in it.

If they charge a small sum of money i garantee the trolls will be gone.

OR.

Make me an administrator and the trolls will be gone by tomorow, i got a whole list of them :D

I agree' date='I logged on to the forum today and on the front page theres like 7 Threads about Lesnar,Come on,everyones allowed freedom of speech and all that, but give it a break, all these Lesnar hate threads,Bisping overated threads,Hardy GSP a ridiculous fight threads etc are getting extremely boring[/quote']

this is one of the reasons i started doing the whole

POINTLESS FEDOR/BROCK THREAD 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

because every day i come on here there are 5-8 fedor threads 7-9 brock threads 97-99 i hate GSP/GSP is bring/doesnt strike anymore/blah blah blah threads and 23-29 shogun v machida threads,but i get slated for it.

to be honest, these forums have gone down hill because it is over run with fans just getting into the sport. i like people getting into mma and understand that it takes some time for a fan to be familiarized with the history of mma. but lets be honest. if you have a whole forum packed with people who just started watching because of brock or tuf, it makes it extremely difficult to find some worthwhile content. i would suggest 2 things.

first create a forum that can only be accessed by members that have been on here at least 6 months and have at least 500 posts. it would for the most part insure some meaningfull conversations. secondly i think there should be a 100 post 2 month minimum before you are able to create threads. when you can hop on here, make a random useless thread within 5 minutes of signing up, they will do just that. im certain that alot of these threads are started by someone who just watched a fight they didnt like. so they sign up and create a thread about it to get thier frustrations out and then walk away. multiply that 100 times and it makes these boards a nightmare for the regs.

to be honest' date=' these forums have gone down hill because it is over run with fans just getting into the sport. i like people getting into mma and understand that it takes some time for a fan to be familiarized with the history of mma. but lets be honest. if you have a whole forum packed with people who just started watching because of brock or tuf, it makes it extremely difficult to find some worthwhile content. i would suggest 2 things.

first create a forum that can only be accessed by members that have been on here at least 6 months and have at least 500 posts. it would for the most part insure some meaningfull conversations. secondly i think there should be a 100 post 2 month minimum before you are able to create threads. when you can hop on here, make a random useless thread within 5 minutes of signing up, they will do just that. im certain that alot of these threads are started by someone who just watched a fight they didnt like. so they sign up and create a thread about it to get thier frustrations out and then walk away. multiply that 100 times and it makes these boards a nightmare for the regs.[/quote']

this is good.

or maybe an IQ test

The OP actually has a point.

This is what happens when a sport goes mainstream. You get guys who know nothing about it trying to argue with the people who have been watching it for over a decade.

I have only been watching ufc for just over a year. Thats why i think before i post. I've acknowledged that i dont have as vast a knowledge of those who have been watchin it for over a decade. I just wanted to challenge a stereotype of 'I haven't been watching it all my life therefore i know nothing.' Its just the majority of new fans that claim to be experts.

Idiotic members.

Spammers.

Stupid threads.

Fanboys.

Mainstreamers.

Fans with no grammar.

Trolls.

Etc.

Sheesh.

So u dont care about a opinion even if the guys is right if u see grammar error ?

Damn open ur mind man english is only a way to communicate u should try to get a perfect grammar in french u will have some fun rofl .

People who are now becoming "fans" of UFC and MMA because of how popular the sport is becoming. Not because of the actual sport and fighters' date=' but because they see everyone else out watching UFC and buying Tapout shirts.

For example: I asked this one kid who was wearing a Tapout shirt and talking about the Serra/GSP fight who his favorite fighter was, and his answer was Mike Tyson.[/quote']

lmao.. i see alot of those.. they try to be fans but know nothing of the sport.. for example i saw a couple guys rocking tapout shirts and i asked em who they thought would win.. with the evans vs silva fight.. and he answered i think rashad cause thiago lost his last fight to GSP pretty bad.. i just shook my head and laughed

I'm a fairly new guy to the sport. There are many fights that I should've seen that I didn't, yet. But you have no idea how much MMA I have absorbed in the last 2 years to make my posts half-worthy.

It pisses me off that people that saw 3 PPV's suddenly think their opinion is important.

The thing is' date=' this is UFC.com. Anyone can join here, and it has become very popular.

There are all kinds of people in this world.

We welcome new fans here. We encourage it. I think people should be a little more tolerant.[/quote']

I am very tolerant. Actually, if I can share something I've lerarned with someone that doesn't know it and is willing to learn, I'll do it, because I expect the same treatment from the guys that know more about the sport than me.

My problem is with people that aren't here to learn. They come in with an idea, normally poorly defended, and take on the world to try to prove it right.

I've only been on these forums for about a month and a half, but even in that short period of time I've seen the quality of threads really slide. When I was first getting on these forums there were always some good discussions or debates going on, but just this morning I logged in and checked the front page and it was just garbage.

It's just sad that this is one of the few threads today that I've found interesting.

Archived