Does Edgar stand a chance against Penn

AllAboutForrest

Not even a chance. He got beat by Gray Maynard, and he is just getting the shot cause he's a fresh face. This fight is going to be a blow out.

I've noticed Penn tends to let rounds go on for awhile, before he pours on the steam. I believe this is to show that he has good cardio now. If he wanted to he could take out Edgar in the 1st round. He could of done it with Diego, but opted not to.

I think he will KO Edgar in the 3rd round. I'll be surprised if it goes to a decision.

Edgar is a top 5 LW, but he really belongs at 145. I think he only weighs like 162lbs. He's a very small LW.

Edgar is a top 5 LW, but he really belongs at 145. I think he only weighs like 162lbs. He's a very small LW.

Yes, he is very small for this weight class. He should consider the WEC, but over there at 145 is no joke either. I cannot see him achieve championship status at all, not with this type of competition around.

Edgar is a top 5 LW' date=' but he really belongs at 145. I think he only weighs like 162lbs. He's a very small LW.[/quote']

Yes, he is very small for this weight class. He should consider the WEC, but over there at 145 is no joke either. I cannot see him achieve championship status at all, not with this type of competition around.

True, Urijah Faber is faster, but I think he is more relaxed then Urijah is (Who is basically wild once the bell goes off). I think Edgar could be a serious threat. I don't know if he could beat Aldo, as I have never seen Aldo fight. From what i've heard Aldo is ridiculous though.

Not even a chance. He got beat by Gray Maynard' date=' and he is just getting the shot cause he's a fresh face. This fight is going to be a blow out.

[b']I've noticed Penn tends to let rounds go on for awhile, before he pours on the steam. I believe this is to show that he has good cardio now. If he wanted to he could take out Edgar in the 1st round. He could of done it with Diego, but opted not to. [/b]

I think he will KO Edgar in the 3rd round. I'll be surprised if it goes to a decision.

I agree, but ill take it a step further. I think hes tried taking guys out like gsp, and hughes out in the first round and burnt himself out. And hes testing the waters on his newly aquired cardio. And when he feels good in the later rounds he knows he CAN burn himself out and its the last sprint. Too many times hes been caught in the cage fighting on fumes.

So its a bit of testing it out, and being cautious, and near the end just having the confidence to just go all out and beat these guys up. Picking his spots, which is really smart. Did it with sherk, florian, and diaz. Didnt do it so much with sanchez, and was exhausted after those 2 rounds, but i guess that was before he started this new training regiment.

anyways BJ FTW

Not even a chance. He got beat by Gray Maynard' date=' and he is just getting the shot cause he's a fresh face. This fight is going to be a blow out.

I've noticed Penn tends to let rounds go on for awhile, before he pours on the steam. I believe this is to show that he has good cardio now. If he wanted to he could take out Edgar in the 1st round. He could of done it with Diego, but opted not to.

Edgar is a top 5 LW, but he really belongs at 145. I think he only weighs like 162lbs. He's a very small LW.[/quote']

Not according to 5 Knuckles

#1 B.J. Penn

"The Prodigy" 13 - 5 - 1

#2 Shinya Aoki

"Tobikan Judan" 23 - 4 - 0 ( 1 NC )

#3 Eddie Alvarez 19 - 2 - 0

#4 Kenny Florian

"KenFlo" 12 - 4 - 0

#5 Tatsuya Kawajiri

"Crusher" 26 - 5 - 2

#6 Gray Maynard

"The Bully" 9 - 0 - 0 ( 1 NC )

#7 Joachim Hansen

"Hellboy" 19 - 8 - 1

#8 Diego Sanchez

"Nightmare" 21 - 3 - 0

#9 Frankie Edgar

"The Answer" 11 - 1 - 0

#10 Gilbert Melendez

"El Nino" 17 - 2 - 0

I agree' date=' but ill take it a step further. I think hes tried taking guys out like gsp, and hughes out in the first round and burnt himself out. And hes testing the waters on his newly aquired cardio. And when he feels good in the later rounds he knows he CAN burn himself out and its the last sprint. Too many times hes been caught in the cage fighting on fumes.

So its a bit of testing it out, and being cautious, and near the end just having the confidence to just go all out and beat these guys up. Picking his spots, which is really smart. Did it with sherk, florian, and diaz. Didnt do it so much with sanchez, and was exhausted after those 2 rounds, but i guess that was before he started this new training regiment.

anyways BJ FTW[/quote']

Diaz? What are you talking about? BJ has not once gassed at LW. In fact the only time he really gassed were his fights with GSP. BJ has never had a cardio problem at LW.

And he started working with Marv after the GSP fight which was before the Florian fight.

[/b]

Yes' date=' he is very small for this weight class. He should consider the WEC, but over there at 145 is no joke either. I cannot see him achieve championship status at all, not with this type of competition around.[/quote']

True, Urijah Faber is faster, but I think he is more relaxed then Urijah is (Who is basically wild once the bell goes off). I think Edgar could be a serious threat. I don't know if he could beat Aldo, as I have never seen Aldo fight. From what i've heard Aldo is ridiculous though.

Aldo is very good. I dont know where you got ridiculous from, but he is very good and can be a threat even in the ufc LW. I actually think Faber can take him with his speed and conditioning...it should and will be a great fight. Faber and Edgar, I'll have to go with Faber. He is just too fast.

True' date=' Urijah Faber is faster, but I think he is more relaxed then Urijah is (Who is basically wild once the bell goes off). I think Edgar could be a serious threat. I don't know if he could beat Aldo, as I have never seen Aldo fight. From what i've heard Aldo is ridiculous though.[/quote']

Aldo is very good. I dont know where you got ridiculous from, but he is very good and can be a threat even in the ufc LW. I actually think Faber can take him with his speed and conditioning...it should and will be a great fight. Faber and Edgar, I'll have to go with Faber. He is just too fast.

I said ridiculous, for ridiculously good. From what everyone is saying, i've heard Aldo is pretty much a beast. Faber I don't think could beat Edgar. He is faster, but he makes mistakes in being unorthodox alot. You do a spinning back fist against Edgar, and he reads you, it will be lights out. He does have KO power, and honestly I think he has better standup then Brown. Brown isn't as fast as Edgar, and he KO'ed Urijah. I think Edgar is a consummate thinker when he is in the ring. I don't see him losing against Urijah.

I said ridiculous, for ridiculously good. From what everyone is saying, i've heard Aldo is pretty much a beast. Faber I don't think could beat Edgar. He is faster, but he makes mistakes in being unorthodox alot. You do a spinning back fist against Edgar, and he reads you, it will be lights out. He does have KO power, and honestly I think he has better standup then Brown. Brown isn't as fast as Edgar, and he KO'ed Urijah. I think Edgar is a consummate thinker when he is in the ring. I don't see him losing against Urijah.

Do not count that KO by Brown against Faber, he was horseplaying and got caught. As far as Edgar goes, Faber is too fast for him on his feet to be concerned about a KO. With that being said, the ground will favor Faber as he is a scrambling machine.

Aldo is very good. I dont know where you got ridiculous from' date=' but he is very good and can be a threat even in the ufc LW. I actually think Faber can take him with his speed and conditioning...it should and will be a great fight. Faber and Edgar, I'll have to go with Faber. He is just too fast.[/b']

Quote belongs to Kung Fu ^

Please fix your quotes, I did not say that about Faber

Penn has already beat Gomi and he would definately beat him again in a rematch. The UFC needs to sign Gilbert Milendez and Shinya Aoki to make a good Lightweight title fight.

Yeh, He did lose, probably will again. That's why i said invest hope in Gomi he has more chance than Edgar. In my opinion.

Gilbert Milendez nah...You must mean Eddie Alvarez...and Shinya Aoki.

I think he has a better chance than anybody else right now, Is he on the same level as BJ? No, but I do think with the right game plan he might have like a 2% chance of winning. Even when Edgar looses, as long as he doesn't look like Diego after the fight, then thats a victory in itself.

I think he has a better chance than anybody else right now' date=' Is he on the same level as BJ? No, but I do think with the right game plan he might have like a 2% chance of winning. Even when Edgar looses, as long as he doesn't look like Diego after the fight, then thats a victory in itself.[/quote']

Your right...he'll look like Joe Stevenson.

Archived