Couture/Coleman futures ?

SlurSlammer

After this fight where do you see these 2 guys careers going. If Randy wins does he get his title shot or a Top contender-(who). If Couture loses how does it effect his Legacy and Marketing ability for Main Events. If Coleman wins what will his next fight be does this win put him at contender status? Or if Coleman loses will he retire from mma or be cut by the ufc?

After this fight where do you see these 2 guys careers going. If Randy wins does he get his title shot or a Top contender-(who). If Couture loses how does it effect his Legacy and Marketing ability for Main Events. If Coleman wins what will his next fight be does this win put him at contender status? Or if Coleman loses will he retire from mma or be cut by the ufc?

Couture is going to be LHW champion.

Coleman is going to be retired.

Obviously the clock is winding down on both of them.

My own opinion is that they have both had their hands (or butts) in the banned substance cookie jar long enough that they will be lucky to see 55.

Coleman in particular has about as much chance of seeing social security as a Miami rapper.

Too bad.

Easy to give years of health away when you;re 20. When you;re 45 that deal looks a whole lot different.

I see Mark Coleman laying dead after paying health insurance convienantly the day before the match. Randy Couture may follow suit but I'm not so sure.

In reality though, Couture will continue his road to be LHW champion but I doubt this will happen.

Coleman will fight for as long as he can, even in a different promotion. LHW just wasn't for him.

OK' date=' A.) I somewhat know what that says, and I think it might be banable.

and B.) how dare you insult me without any knowledge of what my sig means[/quote']

I know what it say, and yes it is banable, i would write it you but i dont wanna you know exactly put it here

I laughed for 15 minutes straight after watching that.

every one is really hating on this fight I hope it turns out to be a classic.

lol i just did that for fun. im actually very excited for this fight. I'm a fan of both fighters and i think the fight will be everything that be people say it wont.

que me pasa?

lo que dijo es irrelevante' date=' respeto a machida, es un gran peleador pero lo que puso es una pendejada.

AMEN!!!![/quote']

like I said, If you don't know what it means or where it came from, shut up.

It's a joke man. Go read through the threads and you'll see that.

like I said, If you don't know what it means or where it came from, shut up.

It's a joke man. Go read through the threads and you'll see that.

i do know what it means. and i do know that im not going to run as a Marica to ask if what i said is banable, "oh please ban the spanish speaking guy that said the same thing everybody says but in a different language".

i'll tell you what it means PENDEJO = NOOB

i do know what it means. and i do know that im not going to run as a Marica to ask if what i said is banable' date=' "oh please ban the spanish speaking guy that said the same thing everybody says but in a different language".

i'll tell you what it means PENDEJO = NOOB[/quote']

Do you see me asking for the ban hammer? no. i don't care what you say.

noob? please lol apparently you don't know what it means. There's a whole thread that revolves around my signature. I suggest you go read it.

Insult me all you want. You are the one who looks foolish lol

Do you see me asking for the ban hammer? no. i don't care what you say.

noob? please lol apparently you don't know what it means. There's a whole thread that revolves around my signature. I suggest you go read it.

Insult me all you want. You are the one who looks foolish lol

There is? I wanna see it

I see this one going to Couture via KO, TKO, or ref stoppage. This being said I have a theory based on Coutures past fight experiences that Couture should be given the title shot with Machida after beating Coleman.

Think about Couture decent to good boxing skills, excellent wrestling, excellent clinch dirty boxing, and a brilliant strategist with the ability to figure other fighters.

I really believe Couture will be the one to figure out the Machida riddle.

What do you guys think?

I see this one going to Couture via KO' date=' TKO, or ref stoppage. This being said I have a theory based on Coutures past fight experiences that Couture should be given the title shot with Machida after beating Coleman.

Think about Couture decent to good boxing skills, excellent wrestling, excellent clinch dirty boxing, and a brilliant strategist with the ability to figure other fighters.

[b']I really believe Couture will be the one to figure out the Machida riddle. [/b]

What do you guys think?

I said this. :D

Glad im not alone.

I see this one going to Couture via KO' date=' TKO, or ref stoppage. This being said I have a theory based on Coutures past fight experiences that Couture should be given the title shot with Machida after beating Coleman.

What do you guys think?[/quote']

maybe you should read my sig. Randy has no chance

If this fight would have happened 13 years ago when it was originally supposed to, it wouldnt have been ctiticized as much.....Granted both fighters are, or at least should be past their prime, I see this being a very tactical match up......My money is on Randy, and even at the age of 46, I can see Randy making one last run at the title in the LHW division.............And I believe the UFC will give him this chance because of everything he has done for the sport.....

What bothers me most about the antihype of this fight is the fact that if it were lets say Randy vs. Shogun, people would be excited about it...Mark Coleman ran the HW division back in the day and who are we to decide when its time for him to put his gloves on the shelf forever? That is his decision, just like Randy has that decision to make also..........Lets show some love for these two guys who have helped pave the way for this sport and stop bashing the fight before it even happens.....You never know how the fight is gonna go, Randy is always saying he personally feels he is constantly improving his game still.................

If this fight would have happened 13 years ago when it was originally supposed to' date=' it wouldnt have been ctiticized as much.....Granted both fighters are, or at least should be past their prime, I see this being a very tactical match up......My money is on Randy, and even at the age of 46, I can see Randy making one last run at the title in the LHW division.............And I believe the UFC will give him this chance because of everything he has done for the sport.....

What bothers me most about the antihype of this fight is the fact that if it were lets say Randy vs. Shogun, people would be excited about it...Mark Coleman ran the HW division back in the day and who are we to decide when its time for him to put his gloves on the shelf forever? That is his decision, just like Randy has that decision to make also..........Lets show some love for these two guys who have helped pave the way for this sport and stop bashing the fight before it even happens.....You never know how the fight is gonna go, Randy is always saying he personally feels he is constantly improving his game still.................[/quote']

You, sir, are absolutely correct!

I see randy beating Coleman bad!

I THINK randy took this fight ...to get a few favors from Dana and Lorenzo......for future fights.......he has stepped up when asked ..and needed..so they will owe him a few favors in the future....and randy is looking for a few dominate performances for confidence and to get a quicker road to the title ...which is a smart move.

Randys smart....he is getting something more ..out of this fight ..then just a win.....hes a strategist....both in the ring and in business.........he wants a fight with machida, Anderson Silva, and Fedor ...if he ever makes it to the UFC.

I can see Randy winning the LHWT title ....ONE more time!

Lets face it Machida looked like crap the last fight....and if he had been fighting couture on that night...he would have got smashed.

Randy would also probably like another shot at Brock after Mir...demolishes him!

Then Randy can say...."what do you think of that 220 lb. 47 year old man.....ya meat head?"

I agree Couture still has a few tricks up his sleeve, depending on the Coleman fight if Couture wins very convincingly he may get a title shot. Although my gut feeling is he fights a top tier opponent for the #1 contender spot while we wait for Machida vs Shogun rematch. This fight has been criticized alot and i hope it turns out to a be a great fight. Couture and Coleman have alot on the line.

By the way I believe if Couture does get a title shot he will be fighting Shogun ... but thats a whole other story haha

My thought exactly. Even in a loss he generally shows the others weakness. We saw it when he fought BrockTard. 1) Lesna's wrestling is not as solid as many seem. He had a rough time taking Randy down against the fence. With his size advantage the take down should have been easy. If Lesnar had been the same size as Randy, Randy would have crushed him that fight 2) Lesnar hates getting hit. Every punch Randy hit Lesnar with caused Lesnar to have a spit second pause. Lesnar saving grace what his physical size that fight and everyone now knows that's the case. Keep Lesnar on his feet and avoid the cinder block fists of his and you'll get the win.

Randy I think has too many tools for Coleman. Coleman is extremely one dimensional. That being said he does have a solid ability to pound your head in once he's on top. This will be the first time in a long time that Randy has fought someone that truly matches up with him well in every aspect.

I see randy beating Coleman bad!

I THINK randy took this fight ...to get a few favors from Dana and Lorenzo......for future fights.......he has stepped up when asked ..and needed..so they will owe him a few favors in the future....and randy is looking for a few dominate performances for confidence and to get a quicker road to the title ...which is a smart move.

Randys smart....he is getting something more ..out of this fight ..then just a win.....hes a strategist....both in the ring and in business.........he wants a fight with machida' date=' Anderson Silva, and Fedor ...if he ever makes it to the UFC.

I can see Randy winning the LHWT title ....ONE more time!

[b']Lets face it Machida looked like crap the last fight....and if he had been fighting couture on that night...he would have got smashed[/b].

Randy would also probably like another shot at Brock after Mir...demolishes him!

Then Randy can say...."what do you think of that 220 lb. 47 year old man.....ya meat head?"

You're smoking some pretty crazy stuff, dude.

People may think I'm dumb because I believe that Machida won that fight, but I think EVERYONE can agree, that you are much dumber than I.

You can also include FW champ of the world' date=' too!!

Lyoto > Penn > Hughes > Sakurai > Azevedo > Jose Aldo!![/quote']

lol I thought about this. But since it's outside the UFC I figured I'd just leave it what it is

You're smoking some pretty crazy stuff' date=' dude.

People may think I'm dumb because I believe that Machida won that fight, but I think EVERYONE can agree, that you are much dumber than I.[/quote']

I'll agree

Archived