Couture's title shot

TheHorror

As all of you probably know, Couture will be in line for a title if he beats Coleman. That is just BS to me. Neither Vera or Coleman are even top 10, so why give him a title shot when the LHW division is undoubtably stacked enough to give another guy a title shot before Couture so he can at least fight a top 5 guy for the title shot. T. Silva, loser of Shogun/Machida 2, Rashad, Rampage, Jones, Lil Nog, Griffin. While a few of those guys might not be top 5, a win over any of these guys would be more worthy of a shot than a win over coleman. Just another easy road to the title for couture. I'm not saying he's not a great fighter, but he should have to work his way through the rankings like everyone else.

Couture is always worthy of a title shot....he has proven his worth over and over again....and he puts people in the seats...and sells pay per views.........unlike Rashads boring performance...and some of the others......when the bell rings....randy gets after it ......others are just there for a pay to ...or to squeek by!

Couture...could be the next LHW champion before the end of 2010....and history will be made again!

As long as Randy performs ...he deserves a title shot in either division...when ever he wants it.....because people will pay to see it!

unlike.....this Dan Hardy crap fight with GSP.

GSP will school the punk rock...cowboy want to be!

Why is Vitor getting a shot at Silva at 185 when he fought one match at 195?

Why is Mir getting a shot at the interm when he beat Kongo, his only win since losing in his last title shot?

How come Brock got a shot at Randy when he was on a 1 fight win streak?

How come BJ jumped to WW and got a shot at GSP?

How come BJ lost a bought and still got a title shot?

I will tell you why. Dana doesn't give a **** about anything other than making money, so he sells what he can even if it is retarded and makes zero sense.

Is it a fact that Couture is getting a title shot if he beats Coleman?

If Randy is getting a shot with a win over Coleman, then the UFC seriously needs to look into implementing some kind of legitimate ranking system where every fighter is treated equally, this way fighters will stop getting title shots based on their name.

Couture is always worthy of a title shot....he has proven his worth over and over again....and he puts people in the seats...and sells pay per views.........unlike Rashads boring performance...and some of the others......when the bell rings....randy gets after it ......others are just there for a pay to ...or to squeek by!

Couture...could be the next LHW champion before the end of 2010....and history will be made again!

As long as Randy performs ...he deserves a title shot in either division...when ever he wants it.....because people will pay to see it!

unlike.....this Dan Hardy crap fight with GSP.

GSP will school the punk rock...cowboy want to be!

As of right now, Hardy deserves a shot more than randy. And he HAS proven his worth. He needs to do it again. Names don't get title shots, performances do. Randy's performance against vera was sad, and he was there to as you say "squeek by," like he did with a semi-controversial decision. He didn't "get after it" at all. Rashad's performance was infinately more entertaining than Couture's. In his last fight yes he put people in their seats. They stayed there too. He needs an impressive win over top competition to deserve a title shot. Lil Nog's one victory over Cane IMO would put him ahead of Couture even if Couture had 3 boring **** victories like the last one.

Why is Mir getting a shot at the interm when he beat Kongo' date=' his only win since losing in his last title shot?

I will tell you why. Dana doesn't give a **** about anything other than making money, so he sells what he can even if it is retarded and makes zero sense.[/quote']

I agree with your examples, but atleast they fought top competition to get there, and won impressively.

As of right now' date=' Hardy deserves a shot more than randy. And he HAS proven his worth. He needs to do it again. Names don't get title shots, performances do. Randy's performance against vera was sad, and he was there to as you say "squeek by," like he did with a semi-controversial decision. He didn't "get after it" at all. Rashad's performance was infinately more entertaining than Couture's. In his last fight yes he put people in their seats. They stayed there too. He needs an impressive win over top competition to deserve a title shot. Lil Nog's one victory over Cane IMO would put him ahead of Couture even if Couture had 3 boring **** victories like the last one.[/quote']

+1

As all of you probably know' date=' Couture will be in line for a title if he beats Coleman. That is just BS to me. Neither Vera or Coleman are even top 10, so why give him a title shot when the LHW division is undoubtably stacked enough to give another guy a title shot before Couture so he can at least fight a top 5 guy for the title shot. T. Silva, loser of Shogun/Machida 2, Rashad, Rampage, Jones, Lil Nog, Griffin. While a few of those guys might not be top 5, a win over any of these guys would be more worthy of a shot than a win over coleman. Just another easy road to the title for couture. I'm not saying he's not a great fighter, but he should have to work his way through the rankings like everyone else.[/quote']

the only reason Dana is doing that is because it will most likely be his last shot and he is giving something back to a fighter who has given a lot to the sport...really though who else is worthy? the 205 divisions is stacked and everybody is close...Rampage vs. Evans winner is next IMO but they wont be fighting anytime soon, at least not until may...then you got Lil Nog, Bader, & Jones who are all next but they all need at least 1 other match to cement them in the top 5...then you got Griffin who has beat Rampage but lost to Rashad so maybe he gets the winner...i'd personally like to see Couture if he wins vs. Forrest :cool:

Is it a fact that Couture is getting a title shot if he beats Coleman?

No it isn't, just intraweb speculation run wild and people looking for some UFC/Dana conspiracy to destroy MMA's credibility so they will have something to complain about.

Dana said the winner will be in line for consideration. Which means at least one more fight before a shot is considered. I could see Dana feeding Couture to a young up and comer, like a Bones or Bader type to either see if he can still hang or if they have develpoed enough for title consideration. Never was it said that the winner gets a title shot.

relax and breathe deeply, it is all gonna be ok!

the only reason Dana is doing that is because it will most likely be his last shot and he is giving something back to a fighter who has given a lot to the sport...really though who else is worthy? the 205 divisions is stacked and everybody is close...Rampage vs. Evans winner is next IMO but they wont be fighting anytime soon' date=' at least not until may...then you got Lil Nog, Bader, & Jones who are all next but they all need at least 1 other match to cement them in the top 5...then you got Griffin who has beat Rampage but lost to Rashad so maybe he gets the winner...i'd personally like to see Couture if he wins vs. Forrest :cool:[/quote']

Couture doesn't deserve it yet. The one and only reason he'd even get a shot is because of the name. And if he fought Forrest, than there you go. Theres his win over a top guy to put him there if he won.

Couture doesn't deserve it yet. The one and only reason he'd even get a shot is because of the name. And if he fought Forrest' date=' than there you go. Theres his win over a top guy to put him there if he won.[/quote']

I tried writing up the 205 rankings in the UFC and it is damn near impossible to get one i liked...

T1 Machida

T1 Shogun

3 Rampage vs. Evans Winner

4 Couture

5 Lil Nog

6 Griffin

7 Jones

8 Silva

9 Bader

10 Then it's wide open

well i think' date=' considering hes the only guy to actually do a bit of damage to Lesnar, he deserves one, i wanna see Couture/ Lesnar 2[/quote']

Seriously eh. Sad but true. The old man is the only fighter who has at least given Brock any sort of challenge. Mir was getting owned when noob Lesnar gave him his leg.

well i think' date=' considering hes the only guy to actually do a bit of damage to Lesnar, he deserves one, i wanna see Couture/ Lesnar 2[/quote']

what damage did he do? Not trying to be an overbearing Lesnar is God fan here but no fighter has done any damage to Brock...Steve Mazagati did damage however letting Mir twist the knee more then he should have...

1.Machida

2.Shogun

3.Evans

4.Rampage

5.Lil Nog

6.T. Silva

7.Griffin

8.Jones

9.Couture

10.Jardine

wow where is Bader and Jones? and Couture has to be higher then 9th doesn't he? I have no idea, i don't see anybody knocking on my door having me hand over my rankings so i'll just watch and be excited to see how it all plays out Jon Jones will be top 5 by 2011

I don't doubt it' date=' but he needs to fight one of them to truly be worthy of a title shot.[/quote']

FACT: Couture came back from retirement after a loss and faught Tim Sylvia for the HW belt. How was he worthy of that title shot? Couture has held that HW title, and LHW title, so he is very much a top contender in the LHW division

an absolute DISGRACE to MMA if he gets a title shot after a clinch and pray decision over coleman.

I'd say a disgrace to mma is a fan that refuses to back the sport and the decisions made by the men who have the final say so....Aside from his last 2 fights, Couture usually puts on one hell of a show and is always a game opponent.....

I'd say a disgrace to mma is a fan that refuses to back the sport and the decisions made by the men who have the final say so....Aside from his last 2 fights' date=' Couture usually puts on one hell of a show and is always a game opponent.....[/quote']

I think the Nog fight was awesome for both men

wow where is Bader and Jones? and Couture has to be higher then 9th doesn't he? I have no idea' date=' i don't see anybody knocking on my door having me hand over my rankings so i'll just watch and be excited to see how it all plays out Jon Jones will be top 5 by 2011[/quote']

jones is at #8. Bader won't be on my top 10 till he beats Jardine. And lately Couture hasn't impressed me as much as the others have.

FACT: Couture came back from retirement after a loss and faught Tim Sylvia for the HW belt. How was he worthy of that title shot? Couture has held that HW title' date=' and LHW title, so he is very much a top contender in the LHW division[/quote']

He didn't deserve the HW shot either. Tito Ortiz held the belt longer than Randy did. He's not even top 15. Neither is Chuck. Just because you used to hold the title doesn't mean you sholdn't have to work your way to it. If it were that way we'd have a non-stop circle of guys fighting each other with nobody new coming into the mix.

Why is Mir getting a shot at the interm when he beat Kongo' date=' his only win since losing in his last title shot?

I will tell you why. Dana doesn't give a **** about anything other than making money, so he sells what he can even if it is retarded and makes zero sense.[/quote']

1:Dont understand the vitor 1 either,2:Mir knocked him down then submitted him within the 1st two mins,nothin too wrong there,3:Brock would get pay per views and because of his size,would most likely destroy opponents,4:BJ was destroying everyone at LW so everyone knew it would be a great fight and 5 he fought GSP for the number 1 contender to fight matt hughes,gsp won then got injured so BJ replaced..:):):)

1.Machida

2.Shogun

3.Evans

4.Rampage

5.Lil Nog

6.T. Silva

7.Griffin

8.Jones

9.Couture

10.Jardine

why is T. Silva on this list? and Jardine. Or Griffin. Why not put Vera on there too. Or even A. Silva.

no offense lol i couldn't come up with a list. i just don't see how these lists can work.

1:Dont understand the vitor 1 either' date='2:Mir knocked him down then submitted him within the 1st two mins,nothin too wrong there,3:Brock would get pay per views and because of his size,would most likely destroy opponents,4:BJ was destroying everyone at LW so everyone knew it would be a great fight and 5 he fought GSP for the number 1 contender to fight matt hughes,gsp won then got injured so BJ replaced..:):):)[/quote']

I'll tell you why Vitor is getting the shot it's because Anderson "Diva" Silva has beaten the other guys at 185 and cries when he is asked to fight them again, even if they have deserved the shot i.e. Marquardt, Hendo...Silva=cancer of the UFC

why is T. Silva on this list? and Jardine. Or Griffin. Why not put Vera on there too. Or even A. Silva.

I put constant LHWs on there, not weight jumpers.Vera's right under there. Probably should've been 10 instead of Jardine. T. Silva's on there because He is at least fighting top competition. Griffin is there because beyond this top 10 I don't see much else that could break #10. I dind't spend 30 minutes on the list, it's just a rough estimated opinion.

I'll tell you why Vitor is getting the shot it's because Anderson "Diva" Silva has beaten the other guys at 185 and cries when he is asked to fight them again' date=' even if they have deserved the shot i.e. Marquardt, Hendo...Silva=cancer of the UFC[/quote']

Funny how Silva's manager says there are fighters that would be better draws and bigger paychecks (which is true) than guys he has already beaten decisively, and Silva gets the "Diva" label.

Isn't it a managers job to try to do what is financially best for his client?

Whether any one here believes anyone else "deserves" it more, Belfort makes for the more interesting and exciting challenger right now.

And while Nate has shown development in his game, and MAY pose a new challenge for Silva, Hendo is the same ole guy he has always been. His fight game hasn't changed since his first UFC appearrance in like 98 or so.

1:Dont understand the vitor 1 either' date='2:Mir knocked him down then submitted him within the 1st two mins,nothin too wrong there,3:Brock would get pay per views and because of his size,would most likely destroy opponents,4:BJ was destroying everyone at LW so everyone knew it would be a great fight and 5 he fought GSP for the number 1 contender to fight matt hughes,gsp won then got injured so BJ replaced..:):):)[/quote']

2. So because Mir subbed him before, he jumps undefeated competition? He jumps people on 3 - 4 win streaks compared to his one? Thats stupid, should Matt Hammil get a title shot for his big win vs Jones /Sarcasm

3. Brock sells seats, but is undeserving when he had the shot, sounds like Randy if he would get the next shot if he wins.

4 Destroying everyone at LW means you jump the entire WW division? Guess Silva should have gotten a crack at Rashad before Lyoto did then right?

5 He still lost to GSP, why not take the second ranked contender, who at that point would not be BJ as he had just lost.

Dana has a way of just putting title shots to anyone he makes money off and screws the guys winning who do not carry as large of a name as others. It is stupid. Lose a match, win one, title shot. Or win one in a different weight class and get your shot over guys like Nate or Hendo who had earned one.

I put constant LHWs on there' date=' not weight jumpers.Vera's right under there. Probably should've been 10 instead of Jardine. T. Silva's on there because He is at least fighting top competition. Griffin is there because beyond this top 10 I don't see much else that could break #10. I dind't spend 30 minutes on the list, it's just a rough estimated opinion.[/quote']

oh ok. yeah that makes sense though.

Always this "because Dana wants to make money" bit.

Im sure its not because the fans want to see any of those fights.

But retarded posts that make zero sense are always welcome on the lets-hate-Dana forum.

[b']How come BJ lost a bought and still got a title shot?[/b]

I will tell you why. Dana doesn't give a **** about anything other than making money, so he sells what he can even if it is retarded and makes zero sense.

I assume you mean when Penn lost to GSP the first time. Penn got the title shot because GSP was injured and could not fight.

As all of you probably know' date=' Couture will be in line for a title if he beats Coleman. That is just BS to me. Neither Vera or Coleman are even top 10, so why give him a title shot when the LHW division is undoubtably stacked enough to give another guy a title shot before Couture so he can at least fight a top 5 guy for the title shot. T. Silva, loser of Shogun/Machida 2, Rashad, Rampage, Jones, Lil Nog, Griffin. While a few of those guys might not be top 5, a win over any of these guys would be more worthy of a shot than a win over coleman. Just another easy road to the title for couture. I'm not saying he's not a great fighter, but he should have to work his way through the rankings like everyone else.[/quote']

Griffin is not in the top 5...

2. So because Mir subbed him before' date=' he jumps undefeated competition? He jumps people on 3 - 4 win streaks compared to his one? Thats stupid, should Matt Hammil get a title shot for his big win vs Jones /Sarcasm

3. Brock sells seats, but is undeserving when he had the shot, sounds like Randy if he would get the next shot if he wins.

4 Destroying everyone at LW means you jump the entire WW division? Guess Silva should have gotten a crack at Rashad before Lyoto did then right?

5 He still lost to GSP, why not take the second ranked contender, who at that point would not be BJ as he had just lost.

Dana has a way of just putting title shots to anyone he makes money off and screws the guys winning who do not carry as large of a name as others. It is stupid. Lose a match, win one, title shot. Or win one in a different weight class and get your shot over guys like Nate or Hendo who had earned one.[/quote']

2. BigNog/Cain was booked. JDS/Napao was booked. Only option left

3. No one else was really worthy. Mir/BigNog were booked. Herring just lost to Brock. Kongo got KO'd by Herring and beat a nobody

4. BJ just made a challange & GSP accepted

5. Just because you lose 1 fight doesnt drop you 5 spots.

Always this "because Dana wants to make money" bit.

Im sure its not because the fans want to see any of those fights.

But retarded posts that make zero sense are always welcome on the lets-hate-Dana forum.

I do not hate Dana. As far as the UFC goes he is pretty decent as far as holding the reigns.

But what is the point of beating people and winning if some guy coming off a lose gets to bunny hop you for a bigger payday because a few years ago he did this, or that guy did that. I love watching Randy fight because I know it will normally be exciting win or lose for him. But that does not mean he deserves to be the champ. I hate Mir, but know he is very skilled, but when you lose your shot and fight one guy after, then you have Cain (over rated) Carwin and JDS putting up wins, why does Mir jump the pact?

Its money, plain and simple. Mir Lesnar 3 will sell out faster than Carwin/Lesnar or JDS/Carwin then JDS/Lesnar.

There should be a ranking system in place for the UFC.

Dana should also keep the big mouths egos in check when in front of a mic. If he truly wants to grow the sport more Mir/Lesnar/Hardy/Tito type of people do not help running their mouths.

How is Jones above Couture on that list? Don't get me wrong the guy has looked great so far but loosing (even though he won honestly without the goofey elbow) to Mat Hammil does not put you above Randy Couture. Lets wait till he faces Vera to make that call imho.

I too don't see Couture getting a shot at anything until:

1. Machida faces Shogun in the rematch

2. Evans/Jackson fights the winner of Shogun/Machida

I see Couture getting the looser of the Machida/Shogun fight though. He's not the most exciting guy in the division any longer but he's still able to control his opponent.

Archived