Who is the Greatest Fighter of All time! Ultimate Showdown Thread!

Kable

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Problem is Goku is animated. I would see it very hard for him to land shots on real people let alone use has signature blast move thing.

But u added Rocky Balboa there too,so why not Goku?lol...If we go on this road then i have to say Jet Li..lol...i wish though Dana would hire Jet Li so we would get new lightweight champ and actual Kung Fu style in UFC...lol

But u added Rocky Balboa there too' date='so why not Goku?lol...If we go on this road then i have to say Jet Li..lol...i wish though Dana would hire Jet Li so we would get new lightweight champ and actual Kung Fu style in UFC...lol[/quote']

I didn't say Goku couldn't be considered the greatest fighter of all time...but if you open that up then basically you have to bring in all animated fighters....Fraggle Rock and everything.

I didn't say Goku couldn't be considered the greatest fighter of all time...but if you open that up then basically you have to bring in all animated fighters....Fraggle Rock and everything.

you have a valid point. I retract my previous statement and vote for Blade.

Ill go with Ali. Even though his character isnt as prestine as joe Lewis, I just think he just won everything. Was a youthfull prospect and won, was an underdog and won, was the champ and won, was losing a fight and won, long layoff and won, strong adversity and won, old man and won, lost his legs and won, lost to an opponent and then won the rematch.

He just won in almost every situation, and ive seena lot of his fights, and unlike nowadays when guys fight nobodies and hold a 40-0 record, Ali fought the best over and over. And even though he was beaten, he held the edge on the rest of those boxers in the golden age.

I have recently been watching documentaries on how much of a D-bag he was, and what i first thought was just him being ****y and fun, was really mean spirited, and it did hurt his oppenents. And even so, that to this day Frasier says that Alis condition is the universe balancing itself out, and he doesnt regret landing any punches to ali that may have caused his condition. And everytime he sees Ali today, a smile comes on his face. And this is Frasier saying that!

I went with GSP. He just has all around attributes. I think he is too short to contend at MW, and just at his right weight class. He's being pushed to fight Anderson Silva though, and they are pretty much gonna force him to fight him. I think it's kinda stupid to have him have to fight someone that is a naturally larger MW, and a gifted one at that.

Fedor would get my next vote, followed by BJ Penn.

Bruce Lee' date=' of course; he has countless street fight wins under his belt. If he was in his prime today, the LW and FW division would be diminished as there would be no one willing to fight him.[/quote']

I still belive Bruce Lee was and always will be overrated...Jet Li would whoop his azz anytime anywhere.(Plus his screaming/yelling annoys chit out of me)

Bruce lee esentially created MMA. He was the first as far as i know to incorperate submissions and standup into a fighting style. In the begining of Enter The Dragon in his fight with samo Hung he submits samo in a dubvious Arm submission after a hort standup battle (i know its only a movie) this was from what i understand the first ever real mixed martial arts fight. However he also studied many martial arts he also wrestled a little. I believe if he was alive today he would have been an amazing MMA fighter in any organisation. I believe it wouldnt take him long to adapt to Ju-Jitsu and wrestling.

I still belive Bruce Lee was and always will be overrated...Jet Li would whoop his azz anytime anywhere.(Plus his screaming/yelling annoys chit out of me)

Jet li is first and foremost an actor, whereas Bruce Lee was a true martial artist and a fighter. Bruce Lee is much faster than Jet Li. You obviously have not read any books or seen any documentaries on Bruce. Some of the things he was able to do were bodering on paranormal.

Jet li is first and foremost an actor' date=' whereas Bruce Lee was a true martial artist and a fighter. Bruce Lee is much faster than Jet Li. You obviously have not read any books or seen any documentaries on Bruce. Some of the things he was able to do were bodering on paranormal.[/quote']

It's like people saying Jackie Chan would beat Bruce Lee....not likely.

How is this even being debated? Bruce fricking Lee is the greatest pound for pound hand to hand fighter that has ever been, or will be. He mastered numerous Chinese Kung Fu styles, Okinayan Karate, Judo, Jiu jitsu, studied greco roman, worked on BJJ in Brazil, and in all truth basically invented the concept of the modern mixed martial artist. He took the most realistic, practical, and useful parts of fighting styles and systems from everywhere, did away with the cerimonial flash and form, and created Jeet Kun Do, the style of no style. In some of his writings there are demonstrations of single and double leg takedowns, throws, arm bars, choke holds, leg submissions...it is like the blueprint of what a modern MMA fighter needs to know. And, even at around 180 lbs himself, he could pull it off against anyone alive. Kareem has talked about the time Bruce knee barred him and gave up the lock himself because Kareem wouldn't quit but Bruce did not want to ruin his career. He had grandmasters from several disciplines challenge him with the intent of if not outright killing him then maiming him and taking away his ability to fight and teach, and he sent each and every one packing, boken and humbled, and he always invited them back to join him in training, classy.

Bruce M-Fing Lee was, is, and always will be THE MAN!

Jackie Chan is not even a traditional martial artist. All his training comes from the Chinese opera. Where theatrical performance art is taught, not true martial arts.

Archived