Anderson Silvas losses !!

PuyaPuya

We all know he has 4 losses in his mma record and all of these was before UFC.

He has 3 of 4 losses against fighters from Japan, after his last loss he hasent fought any japanese fighters only americans and and one canadian and one brazilian!

WHY not bring some japanese fighters to test him now? (i know he is MUCH better NOW then he was before but its a little wierd that he isnt fightin any japanese mma guys at all)

Because there are no good Japanese fighters for him to fight.

His loss to Yushin Okami came via a DQ due to an illegal kick, so most people wouldn't count that as a genuine loss.

His loss to Ryu Chonan came after Chonan pulled off what is widely recognised as one of the greatest submissions of all time after Anderson had dominated the fight.

His loss to Daiju Takase came more because of inexperience of Anderson's part than anything else. He was a heavy favourite and was expected to dominate Takase. In his haste to get him to the ground and punch his face in, he got caught in a triangle and choked out. Like the Serra vs St-Pierre situation, you can guarantee that he's learned from this and it'll never happen again.

We all know he has 4 losses in his mma record and all of these was before UFC.

He has 3 of 4 losses against fighters from Japan' date=' after his last loss he hasent fought any japanese fighters only americans and and one canadian and one brazilian!

WHY not bring some japanese fighters to test him now? (i know he is MUCH better NOW then he was before but its a little wierd that he isnt fightin any japanese mma guys at all)[/quote']

So Dana is going to recruit a bunch of Japanese fighters just so he can attempt to dethrone his best fighter?

makes sense.

This is a dumb post. If you believe the only reason he lost to those guys was because they were japanese or that these japanese fighters are better than the competition he has faced in the UFC then you know little about mma. The fact is he was inexperienced and now hes very experienced at fighting in MMA. if he was to face those guys he lsot to before it would be a short first round win for Anderson Silva.

His loss to Yushin Okami came via a DQ due to an illegal kick' date=' so most people wouldn't count that as a genuine loss.

His loss to [b']Ryu Chonan[/b] came after Chonan pulled off what is widely recognised as one of the greatest submissions of all time after Anderson had dominated the fight.

His loss to Daiju Takase came more because of inexperience of Anderson's part than anything else. He was a heavy favourite and was expected to dominate Takase. In his haste to get him to the ground and punch his face in, he got caught in a triangle and choked out. Like the Serra vs St-Pierre situation, you can guarantee that he's learned from this and it'll never happen again.

Very well said.

His loss to Yushin Okami came via a DQ due to an illegal kick' date=' so most people wouldn't count that as a genuine loss.

His loss to [b']Ryu Chonan[/b] came after Chonan pulled off what is widely recognised as one of the greatest submissions of all time after Anderson had dominated the fight.

Did you just attempt to make excuses for all of his losses...

No. I'm not saying that he lost those 3 fights due to massive injustices. I'm just saying that just because he's lost to 3 Japanese guys, it doesn't mean that all Japanese guys have his number. If you find videos of those three fights and watch them, then you'll see that in all three of those fights, Anderson was in a position of dominance, and he wasn't getting manhandled.

I'm not an Anderson Silva nut hugger. I was hoping Forrest could pull off the upset against him and I'll be cheering for Vitor when that fight comes around. I was just trying to counter-argue the OP's suggestion that Anderson had a weakness against Japanese fighters.

As for his loss to Luiz Azeredo, I can't explain that because I've never seen the fight. He lost by decision which would suggest that he didn't dominate the fight like the Anderson Silva we've come to expect in the UFC.

nobody in the ufc faces japanese fighters cause they all get dominated (dont be a idiot and pick out fights).. i have this discussion allot.. the fact that allot of pride fighters had bloated records because they faced weaker opponents (happen to be asian in this case) .. there is a reason you dont see them now ... for one its not n their backyard and two they just dont cut it ..

The guy who wrote that very informative post explaining Silva's losses didnt seam to me to be making excuses but elaborating on them and giving you the background information. You obviously are a troll. Knowing if a fighter was dominating a fight that they lost or being dominated tells a lot about their character, skill level at the time, and how they have evolved since.

That being said I don't see any Japanese or Asian fighters in the UFC. Hopefully more will come.

Yes there's Okami but after that loss at UFC 104 I don't think we will see Anderson beating him anytime soon.

So Dana is going to recruit a bunch of Japanese fighters just so he can attempt to dethrone his best fighter?

makes sense.

yeah isnt this where the "best" fighters are? why dont u just throw some americans infront of him so he can brake them like he did forrest?

And he is refusing to fight Machida and went BIZZARE when the axemurderer came down to MW!

Im not saying that the guys he fought are sheeps or anything but if he fought Nate or Hendo now it would be a DIFFERENT fight !!

and im just making a point with the japanese fighters i believe its a little weird that he hasent fought any since his losses!!

All great points.

Anderson Silva is not avoiding Japanese fighters, there are just none good enough to be considered a #1 contender at MW.

and all his wins against the japanese was Unanimous so he couldnt finish them!! LOL

Archived