Why the mma or joining the Ufc is not a good career move

AbeWagner

By all means people even though its fun to watch mma or the ufc is not a good career choice. Why? Because anything can happen . You can severely get into an accident (car or whatever accident may be) get poked in the eye (which happened to my teammate scott junk) which can possible end your career.

Joining the ufc is not a good choice either because you can be cut at any time. wether you have 3 losses in a row or your not entertaining enough.

Get a job an office job maybe or a trade where your offered lots of benefits

I don't think the ufc or any other fighter organizations cover you if you become to hurt to fight

What's your opinion on this?

look what happened to wes sims he got kicked out of the ufc and was living in his car for quite some time

If it's your dream. DO IT!.. Don't let this failure bring you down.

Wes Sims is about to fight Tim Sylvia. And has other future bouts. Everyone has a slump in their career.

This isnt Opera dude. GO away/

You make a valid point, but that's a risk that every sportsman takes when he chooses to follow his dream. Unfortunately, some fighters dedicate their lives to MMA but never make it past the $50 fight local shows, but the truth is that without people chasing their dreams instead of just having the mentality of "it's a risk, so I think I'll just go get an office job instead", then we'd never have had any of the great fighters.

Guys like Chuck Liddell, Randy Couture, BJ Penn, GSP, etc, could all be sat in offices right now if they hadn't decided to follow their dreams and become sportsmen.

The fact is that choosing to dedicate your life to a sport is always a risk. I don't know if you're the real Abe Wagner or not, but if you are then you're probably seeing now that the risk doesn't always pay off, certainly not immediately. At some stage in their lives, guys like Roy Nelson, Brendan Schaub, Matt Mittrione all made conscious decisions to follow a dream as a sportsman, and for them its paid off. I don't know where your career is at. I personally hope you choose to follow MMA, and do what Marcus Davis or Gerald Harris did and show that just because you lost on TUF, it doesn't mean you're not good enough for the UFC.

By all means people even though its fun to watch mma or the ufc is not a good career choice. Why? Because anything can happen . You can severely get into an accident (car or whatever accident may be) get poked in the eye (which happened to my teammate scott junk) which can possible end your career.

Joining the ufc is not a good choice either because you can be cut at any time. wether you have 3 losses in a row or your not entertaining enough.

I don't think the ufc or any other fighter organizations cover you if you become to hurt to fight

What the hell are you talking about!!! Is this really Abe Wagner?? If so, maybe MMA wasn't a good career choice for you because you got your **** handed to you by a guy who did the same takedown over and over again. Injuries are part of the game and you have to expect the unexpected if you want to participate in MMA. If you are going to fight in MMA, that is the risk you take!

Mmmm, well, it's kind of like good parent advice telling their kids to put down the guitar and and study. You might have the athletic ability and you might be able to build the skill to become the best in the world, but realistically, that's very unlikely. The majority of those who train to fight will never get to the UFC, and the majority of those who get to the UFC will never get to the top 10, let alone make millions off of it.

So don't let me or Abe crush your dreams, but try to be realistic about it. If you've never won at any other sport your whole life this probably isn't the magic gateway.

STFU!!! or ill bring my homie JOHN MADSEN to G&P the caca out of you!!!

• 4 months later...

rematch between you and madsen?

• 1 year later...

Office jobs are boring

Archived