What if Chuck Liddell dropped down to Middle Weight?

IllusionofTime

I think he'd do alright. MW doesn't have a huge pool of word class fighters. I don't think he could handle Anderson, but I think he'd put on some pretty good fights with the rest of that division. Guys like Nate Marquardt, Wanderlei Silva (again) and Vitor Belfort would provide some great fights.

He would get decimated by the faster guys in that division.

He would be better off moving up to HW' date=' where he would have a speed advantage.[/quote']

Are you kidding me? You seriously think Chuck would have a better shot at beating Brock or Cain than he would Anderson Silva? At least at MW Silva would be his main problem. At HW there are 5 or 6 people that are just too big and strong.

Chuck couldn't make middleweight or heavyweight & in response to some of these idiot's talking about a fight with Nate or Wanderlei, they're not in his league. Yes Anderson Silva would probably beat him but he wouldn't of back in Chuck's day, FACT!

Chuck couldn't make middleweight or heavyweight & in response to some of these idiot's talking about a fight with Nate or Wanderlei' date=' they're not in his league. Yes Anderson Silva would probably beat him but he wouldn't of back in Chuck's day, FACT![/quote']

how dare you talk about The Great like that :mad:

Chuck never looked like a guy who put much into cutting weight, he looks like a solid LHW fighter. Couple that with the fact he's 40, and you're headed for trouble. He'd be fighting faster opponents with less strength and speed that he carried at LHW. I think Chuck is one of the best LHW fighters the UFC has had during their storied history, and a move to MW would do nothing but tarnish that legacy.

ffs' date=' some of u ppl r idiots.

it wud kill chuck to drop that weight!

have u seen the size of his gut even on fight night?

and even if he did, do u think a lower weight means an easier fight? i think u do[/quote']

Ask Diego yes yes yes if lower weight means easier fights ;)

Archived