How do you guys workout?

AllAboutForrest

Just getting back in to getting in shape. I'm an old guy, and haven't done any kind of a workout for a lot of years. I just joined a gym so I can get in shape to join a gym, if that makes any sense. I'm just trying to get in to shape physicaly, so then I can start training bjj and mma.

So what I do now is walk the track for a few laps, some stretches, some weights, I hope to get some abs... right now I just have one big ab. :(

I'm working to get rid of my belly and lose about 40 pounds.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One thing I could throw in there, too, is to not do the same thing day in and day out. Mix up your conditioning so your body does not develop a memory to your exercises. If you do 100 push ups and 200 sit ups every day, your body will condition to it and level off. You will not be gaining any more, only maintaining.

• 5 weeks later...

4 exercises, 5 sets, failure-12 reps (depends on what im doing) per body part (shoulders, quads, hamstrings and calves together, biceps, triceps, back, chest) 30 seconds rest in between sets.

+ a 40-90 minute bike ride at 60% of my max heart rate (fat burn).

the weights program i do is just to build/tone, could go heavier/less reps if i wanted to build more

used to do 2 body parts a day, 1 in morning, 1 at night. too busy lately.

not really functional exercises (not exercises for fight strength training) just general muscle building/toning and fat burning, i just do it to look good, keep healthy

• 4 weeks later...

I am 1-o in am kickboxing, 1-0 in am thai boxing, 1-0 in am boxing and 1-0 in am MMA,

I have fought anywhere from 145-170 (currently 145, 5'8")

Anyways a lot of the **** out there about working out is ******** so you have to go right to the source to truly understand the scientific advantages of strengthe and conditioning. Anyways I found what are known as free to world projects by realy proffesonals who put in time to help people and these guys really help me out.(link: http://blog.adonislifestyle.com/category/podcasts/)

Ultimatly to get stronger you need to do more then you where doing by either increasing weight, reps, sets or all three

And to cut weight I find the safest thing to do is eat less since you don't have to worry abbout dehydration (I wrestled for 4 years in high school and a buddy of mine litearly died as a result of untreated dehydration).

Archived