Fights Finished in the 5th

DSCHNEID

This was quite a while ago, which is why most people dont remember this fight. Randy had just come off a loss to Josh Barnett, losing his UFC HW title. However, as we all know, Barnett was found to have tested positive for steroids after the fight. This created an interim title fight between Randy and Ricco Rodriguez. Ricco is the man who stopped Randy in the 5th, and that win has ultimately been his claim to fame throughout his MMA career. While Ricco has had his share of losses and unfortunate mishaps in the ring and life, he is a solid fighter with a good pedigree. If he ever got his life turned around and back on track, I think he would be a welcome addition to the UFC Heavyweight division. As far as I know, he's been fighting these past couple of years, trying to regain his form.

I'm not surprised that only two fights have ended there, normally by then the fighters don't have the strength to finish up. If you really think about it Diego wasn't even really stopped, he just had a canyon opened up across his forehead, he probably could have kept going until he passed out from blood loss. Diego's awesome like that.

Archived