Bas Rytten vs Fedor or Brock - who would win?

fawley

Any thoughts?

i don't know who bas rytten is...but a guy name Bas Rutten "beat" Kevin Randlemann however the world saw Randlemann as the victor and thus we have 3 rounds of fighting instead of the old way where the fighters gas because they have to fight 15 minutes straight...under new rules Bas would be very dangerous! but would lose to both IMO

hater' date=' you should really spread your hatred somewhere else i'm getting sick of it[/quote']

i am far from a hater but you people that think that brock belongs in the same sentence as fedor are just blind , i mean you must be. Now Rutten in the same sentence i understand but not a hypetrain with 5 fights one of those being a loss as his record, He is a big draw and thats why hes pushed so much as the future. And ufc fanboys and wwe fanboys eat it up. Im not worried about it we dont even need fedor to show you the wrong in your ways there is plenty of hws in the ufc to show you. His reign is going to be over sooner than later.

i am far from a hater but you people that think that brock belongs in the same sentence as fedor are just blind ' date=' i mean you must be. Now Rutten in the same sentence i understand but not a hypetrain with 5 fights one of those being a loss as his record, He is a big draw and thats why hes pushed so much as the future. And ufc fanboys and wwe fanboys eat it up. Im not worried about it we dont even need fedor to show you the wrong in your ways there is plenty of hws in the ufc to show you. His reign is going to be over sooner than later.[/quote']

it has nothing to do with who can beat who why do you have to involve somebodies wife? Tasteless IMO

it was more of a joke than angry outlashing. you lesnar fans are a little sensitive. i guess my humor isnt for all.

it also has nothing to do with being a Lesnar fan maybe you Lesnar haters have problems just like us Lesnar fans...nobody is better then the other...i'm just more sensitive to wife jokes since mine passed away i just think it should be left out but hey that's just my opinion

it also has nothing to do with being a Lesnar fan maybe you Lesnar haters have problems just like us Lesnar fans...nobody is better then the other...i'm just more sensitive to wife jokes since mine passed away i just think it should be left out but hey that's just my opinion

sorry to hear that

as am i' date=' i obviously had no idea, but regardless i apoligize[/quote']

hey i'm not looking for sympathy i just think wives should be left out of the sport of men, no offense Strikeforce and what you're trying to do there with the whole female MMA thing :)

anyway would it be great to see Bas vs. these 2 guys? i'd pay to see it!

Ok now that the group counselling meeting is over.....

El Guapo FTW.

this is my way of remaining out of all the Brock/Fedor nonsense!

LOL.

hey i'm not looking for sympathy i just think wives should be left out of the sport of men' date=' no offense Strikeforce and what you're trying to do there with the whole female MMA thing :)[/quote']

Nothing wrong with female MMA. I don't think that's not where you were going with that but I still thought I'd address just in case.

And yes, El Guapo vs anytbody/thing is great. Especially him Vs a rottweiler.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be hurt, but this is why things over the internet, especially flaming and the such, should not be taken seriously. Cause there is no way you can censor everyone in the world from not saying something that might hurt a potential reader.

And yes joshdfs, El guapo FTW...El Guapo FTW.

"I'm sorry...Bang! No im not!"

LOL.

Nothing wrong with female MMA. I don't think that's not where you were going with that but I still thought I'd address just in case.

And yes' date=' El Guapo vs anytbody/thing is great. Especially him Vs a rottweiler.[/quote']

I have no problems with women in MMA as long as people realize men started it...which i don't there will ever be a problem in history with that fact

I wish my wife would pass away' date=' then I could stay on these forums without a bunch of whining... well, without listening to it at least. There seams to be plenty of it to read.

Anyhow, I am in a bad mood and it would cheer me up to see Fedor demolish these two guys.[/quote']

as it would put me in a good mood for Lesnar to demolish the world then i'd be right in backing him all this time, Fedor lovers would cry to sleep that night and well Bas would still get some good kicks in...

as it would put me in a good mood for Lesnar to demolish the world then i'd be right in backing him all this time' date=' Fedor lovers would cry to sleep that night and well Bas would still get some good kicks in...[/quote']

Well I'm not a "fedor lover". But in reality if he loses to Brock it wouldn't matter because he'd still be the better fighter in history unless Brock wins 27 more fights without losing.

But really, what I find funny is that Fedor haters think that as soon as Fedor loses 1 fight in 8 years that we're somehow all going to jump ship and say he sucks. No. The dude has been undefeated for 8 years.

Every great fighter loses a fight. But the second Fedor does a million TUF noobs will be there to tell me "I told you so". It will probably feel good after 8 years of waiting to speak those words.

^ General statement, btw. Not directed towards you specifically, Doom.

as it would put me in a good mood for Lesnar to demolish the world then i'd be right in backing him all this time' date=' Fedor lovers would cry to sleep that night and well Bas would still get some good kicks in...[/quote']

I am not saying Brock couldn't beat Fedor... I most definitely think it would be a possibility.

However, I would rather see Fedor dethroned by someone else.

Bas might have been a great fight with Fedor when he was at the top of his game too.

Well I'm not a "fedor lover". But in reality if he loses to Brock it wouldn't matter because he'd still be the better fighter in history unless Brock wins 27 more fights without losing.

But really' date=' what I find funny is that Fedor haters think that as soon as Fedor loses 1 fight in 8 years that we're somehow all going to jump ship and say he sucks. No. The dude has been undefeated for 8 years.

Every great fighter loses a fight. But the second Fedor does a million TUF noobs will be there to tell me "I told you so". It will probably feel good after 8 years of waiting to speak those words.

^ General statement, btw. Not directed towards you specifically, Doom.[/quote']

yeah but the sport is different now, is Fedor more durable career wise i'd have to say yes because of the amount of fights he's had...however i believe he is more man then machine will lose and it would still mean a great deal to furthering Brock's legacy as well as giving a hit to Fedor's. you're only the best if you have beaten ALL the challengers unfortunately in this MMA World you can't fight everybody...with that said you can't say that if Brock beat Fedor it wouldn't put him above him, isn't that the whole point of competing?

yeah but the sport is different now' date=' is Fedor more durable career wise i'd have to say yes because of the amount of fights he's had...however i believe he is more man then machine will lose and it would still mean a great deal to furthering Brock's legacy as well as giving a hit to Fedor's. you're only the best if you have beaten ALL the challengers unfortunately in this MMA World you can't fight everybody...with that said you can't say that if Brock beat Fedor it wouldn't put him above him, isn't that the whole point of competing?[/quote']

Honestly, you can not name one fighter who has beaten all the challengers. There isn't one.

Penn - Aoki

GSP - Shields

Anderson - Mousasi

the list goes on. There is not one fighter on the planet who has beaten ALL challengers. Why does Fedor have to? It just doesn't make sense to me. Brock hasn't beaten 1/100th of challengers yet he's being called the best by tuf noobs world wide. If Fedor retired today he'd be the best HW of all time. That is undeniable.

If Brock beat Fedor he would be above him ranking wise but that doesn't necessarily mean he's the better fighter. In the same way Brock is above Nog and I don't think he's a better fighter.

Honestly' date=' you can not name one fighter who has beaten all the challengers. There isn't one.

Penn - Aoki

GSP - Shields

Anderson - Mousasi

the list goes on. There is not one fighter on the planet who has beaten ALL challengers. Why does Fedor have to? It just doesn't make sense to me. Brock hasn't beaten 1/100th of challengers yet he's being called the best by tuf noobs world wide. If Fedor retired today he'd be the best HW of all time. That is undeniable.

[b']If Brock beat Fedor he would be above him ranking wise but that doesn't necessarily mean he's the better fighter[/b]. In the same way Brock is above Nog and I don't think he's a better fighter.

What would it take to convince you that Brock is indeed the better fighter? Going undefeated the rest of his career, assuming he gets another at least probably 8-10 fights? Always going up against the best? What?

Cause these days, guys aren't gonna be able to rack up such a high number of fights, especially inside the UFC Octagon, unless you are fortunate enough to be in the UFC at a very very young age. So I don't see Brock fighting all that many fights in the coming years to even get halfway to where Fedor is, and this I think shouldn't take him out of the running for potential 'greatest ever'.

And I think we all know that these days it's also hard to get matched up against all of the top competition along with having plenty of fights. Though, I could possibly be thinking this for two reasons. BJ Silva, and GSP have cleaned out their divisions, making everyone look like amateurs. No one's really be able to establish a name like you could back then, especially in the HW and LHW division. And the second reason being the LHW title has changed hands so often the past couple of years, and while they are all great, they are always facing each other(the contenders, that is), making it hard to keep a great guy on a great streak.

So the fact that Brock probably won't always be up against top competition shouldn't exactly be held against him, but I see how it could. But after typing all of this, I guess at the same time I realize that these reasons are what makes the tops guys so great. They will be considered the classics of the sport in it's early life. It's hard to believe once these guys are gone, we will see anything like them again.

What would it take to convince you that Brock is indeed the better fighter? Going undefeated the rest of his career' date=' assuming he gets another at least probably 8-10 fights? Always going up against the best? What?

Cause these days, guys aren't gonna be able to rack up such a high number of fights, especially inside the UFC Octagon, unless you are fortunate enough to be in the UFC at a very very young age. So I don't see Brock fighting all that many fights in the coming years to even get halfway to where Fedor is, and this I think shouldn't take him out of the running for potential 'greatest ever'.

And I think we all know that these days it's also hard to get matched up against all of the top competition along with having plenty of fights. Though, I could possibly be thinking this for two reasons. BJ Silva, and GSP have cleaned out their divisions, making everyone look like amateurs. No one's really be able to establish a name like you could back then, especially in the HW and LHW division. And the second reason being the LHW title has changed hands so often the past couple of years, and while they are all great, they are always facing each other(the contenders, that is), making it hard to keep a great guy on a great streak.

So the fact that Brock probably won't always be up against top competition shouldn't [i']exactly[/i] be held against him, but I see how it could. But after typing all of this, I guess at the same time I realize that these reasons are what makes the tops guys so great. They will be considered the classics of the sport in it's early life. It's hard to believe once these guys are gone, we will see anything like them again.

If.... IF Mir turns out to be the next Nogueira (althought 4 TKO losses to cans is not a good start) and Lesnar dominates him twice on the ground (he has once)... credit to him. IF Dos Santos turns into the next Cro Cop and Lesnar dominates him in the stand up, credit to him. Things like that are what made Fedor's legacy. Dominating for 9 years. Beating the best in the world while they were in their prime and doing it in their own game. Brock doesn't need to go 31-1. If he can simply beat 10 top fighters without losing he can be mentioned in the same category. Just because someone beats somebody doesn't make them a better fighter especially in the history books. It's the same reason many rank Wanderlei the #1 LHW of all time and Chuck #2.

But if you can CONSISTENTLY beat somebody and everybody else... that's what a legacy is. If somebody was better just because they beat somebody where would CHonan be? The #1 MW in the world? I don't think so.

If.... IF Mir turns out to be the next Nogueira (althought 4 TKO losses to cans is not a good start) and Lesnar dominates him twice on the ground (he has once)... credit to him. IF Dos Santos turns into the next Cro Cop and Lesnar dominates him in the stand up' date=' credit to him. Things like that are what made Fedor's legacy. Dominating for 9 years. Beating the best in the world while they were in their prime and doing it in their own game. Brock doesn't need to go 31-1. If he can simply beat 10 top fighters without losing he can be mentioned in the same category. Just because someone beats somebody doesn't make them a better fighter especially in the history books. It's the same reason many rank Wanderlei the #1 LHW of all time and Chuck #2.

But if you can CONSISTENTLY beat somebody and everybody else... that's what a legacy is. If somebody was better just because they beat somebody where would CHonan be? The #1 MW in the world? I don't think so.[/quote']

Well, a point I tried making but couldn't translate to words from inside my head (lol), is that if Brock beat Fedor, but say went on to have an average or slightly above average career, would he be at all considered a great? (that is, only if you consider him sorta unproven thus far, and you aren't a nut hugger) I know one win doesn't put you on top, even if it is over the best, but I was just wondering what a unbiased and 'sees things for what they are' mind like yours thinks.

Though Chonan beat Silva before he was up for P4P, but it's sorta the same deal, I guess.

But those are quite a few "if"s for Brock. I mean, not everyone gets the same oppotunities Fedor does, but it doesn't hurt to make the most of what you're handed. But again, all of this just goes to show that these guys are and will widely be forever considered the greatest of the sport, just because of the opportunities that arised so early in the life of MMA.

I think it's funny that this whole thing turned into a Brock fan VS Fedor fan fight. I'm just a guy who has been a fan of MMA since it's inception, so like to see great fights & great fighters. Brock has amazing potential, but lacks the experience to call him one of the greatest fighters ever. If he kicks *ss in his next five or six fights, then we can definitely say he is a great fighter, but to say so soon that he is even close to being in the same category as Fedor or even Bas is VERY premature.

I'm surprised that so many people are picking El Guapo last in this poll. Obviously, most of you didn't see Bas fight. Remember, he finished his career with a 22 fight win streak. How many fighters out there even have 22 wins at all, let alone winning their last 22 fights? I think Bas would defeat Brock, Fedor would beat Brock and a fight between Bas & Fedor could go either way. Don't get me wrong, I think Brock stands a chance, but 9 out of 10 go the other way.

I think it's funny that this whole thing turned into a Brock fan VS Fedor fan fight. I'm just a guy who has been a fan of MMA since it's inception' date=' so like to see great fights & great fighters. Brock has amazing potential, but lacks the experience to call him one of the greatest fighters ever. If he kicks *ss in his next five or six fights, then we can definitely say he is a great fighter, but to say so soon that he is even close to being in the same category as Fedor or even Bas is VERY premature.

I'm surprised that so many people are picking El Guapo last in this poll. Obviously, most of you didn't see Bas fight. Remember, he finished his career with a 22 fight win streak. How many fighters out there even have 22 wins at all, let alone winning their last 22 fights? I think Bas would defeat Brock, Fedor would beat Brock and a fight between Bas & Fedor could go either way. Don't get me wrong, I think Brock stands a chance, but 9 out of 10 go the other way.[/quote']

GREAT post!

Ruten Kicks are like mini car crashes, I think he would obliterate Brock's entire digestive system with a few kicks, and let's not talk about punching power, those dairy cows that kicked Brock in the skull as a kid had nothing on El Guapo, the scientifically PROVEN hardest hitter in MMA history.

I love Bas Rytten

(Me too!)

What would it take to convince you that Brock is indeed the better fighter? .

When Brock has an equal (or at least close) ammount of wins by KO, and Submission as he does by GnP TKO's or decisions. He is gonna need to show a little more skill in all areas to be considered great in my eyes.

Look anyone can see Brock is a legit threat to everyone, including Fedor, due to his unreal strength and athleticism in a man his size, but I guess I just have different criteria for what makes a "great fighter". It is the ability to finish from any position, in any manner necessary, against opponents if not greater in physicallity then at least equal. And to this point, Brock hasn't shown that.

Bob Sapp blasted through K-1, he is no great fighter...

Butterbean blasted through opponents in many venues, he is no great fighter.

Archived