Chael Sonnen

alliedwarior

I never knew he had such a big mouth, I guess he has been trash talking Randy Couture, Coleman, Anderson Silva, and pretty much every fighter who actually dedacates themselves to fighting.

"This whole game plan thing really should be credited to Randy [Couture, the former UFC heavyweight champion]…Look, Randy took people down, put them against the fence and beat them until [referee] John McCarthy pulled him off. And then [uFC television analyst] Joe Rogan’s on the mic yelling, ‘What a great game plan!’ Well, I guess, but it’s the same thing he does every time. If you want to act like this sport is sophisticated, then you can pretend you have a plan.”

"These fighters who like to say, ‘I’m a full-time fighter,’ when you hear that, you know you can be assured of a few things. You can be assured that that guy doesn’t get up until noon. You can be assured that that guy is pretty lazy and you can be sure he owns something called a Nintendo Wii because he has nothing else to do with his day and he’s attempting to justify his existence by saying, ‘I am a fighter"

"Look, he’s not my kind of a guy. This is a grown man that’s got earrings. This is a grown man who wears his hat sideways. This is a guy who wears pink T-shirts. This guy wouldn’t make it 12 minutes in my neighborhood. I live in a nice neighborhood and we’d still run him out…I’m not on board with this ‘Anderson is so scary,’ mentality. What’s he ever done? What’s he done? He beat up my teammate, Chris Leben. He was my teammate. … He beat up Patrick Cote, who was not ranked in the top 10 and we found Patrick was fighting on one leg at the time of the fight. He beats up every bum who can get a plane ticket to Ohio and he beats up a couple of slow, unathletic light heavyweights, like that’s hard to do. I don’t know what he’s done. I don’t know where this big mystique that’s around him has come from…It’s like when [ex-UFC welterweight champion] Matt Hughes was king of the world. Matt Hughes fought two guys in the top 10 ever, and they both beat him. So, if you want to say the guy’s [silva] great, fine, but who’s he beat? He’s going to have to fight somebody. And it might as well be me.”"

its funny to cause he said anderson beat up a couple slow unathletic lhws (forrest and irvin) and forrest beat him?

also he basically says he doesnt care if his fights are worth watching and he is down for boring fights and i think he is making fun of chuck for the dancing with the stars at the end of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nwoHUbcGzA

wowwww what a ******, I must say I almost dont like this guy as much as i dont like Brock.

more evidence chaels a ******:

http://mixedmartialartvideos.com/chael-sonnen-says-anderson-is-a-fraud/#more-10596

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG0v1ZVxItg&feature=related

I never knew he had such a big mouth' date=' I guess he has been trash talking Randy Couture, Coleman, Anderson Silva, and pretty much every fighter who actually dedacates themselves to fighting.

"This whole game plan thing really should be credited to Randy [Couture, the former UFC heavyweight champion']?Look, Randy took people down, put them against the fence and beat them until [referee] John McCarthy pulled him off. And then [uFC television analyst] Joe Rogan?s on the mic yelling, ?What a great game plan!? Well, I guess, but it?s the same thing he does every time. If you want to act like this sport is sophisticated, then you can pretend you have a plan.?

"These fighters who like to say, ?I?m a full-time fighter,? when you hear that, you know you can be assured of a few things. You can be assured that that guy doesn?t get up until noon. You can be assured that that guy is pretty lazy and you can be sure he owns something called a Nintendo Wii because he has nothing else to do with his day and he?s attempting to justify his existence by saying, ?I am a fighter"

"Look, he?s not my kind of a guy. This is a grown man that?s got earrings. This is a grown man who wears his hat sideways. This is a guy who wears pink T-shirts. This guy wouldn?t make it 12 minutes in my neighborhood. I live in a nice neighborhood and we?d still run him out?I?m not on board with this ?Anderson is so scary,? mentality. What?s he ever done? What?s he done? He beat up my teammate, Chris Leben. He was my teammate. ? He beat up Patrick Cote, who was not ranked in the top 10 and we found Patrick was fighting on one leg at the time of the fight. He beats up every bum who can get a plane ticket to Ohio and he beats up a couple of slow, unathletic light heavyweights, like that?s hard to do. I don?t know what he?s done. I don?t know where this big mystique that?s around him has come from?It?s like when [ex-UFC welterweight champion] Matt Hughes was king of the world. Matt Hughes fought two guys in the top 10 ever, and they both beat him. So, if you want to say the guy?s [silva] great, fine, but who?s he beat? He?s going to have to fight somebody. And it might as well be me.?"

its funny to cause he said anderson beat up a couple slow unathletic lhws (forrest and irvin) and forrest beat him?

also he basically says he doesnt care if his fights are worth watching and he is down for boring fights and i think he is making fun of chuck for the dancing with the stars at the end of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nwoHUbcGzA

wowwww what a ******, I must say I almost dont like this guy as much as i dont like Brock.

more evidence chaels a ******:

http://mixedmartialartvideos.com/chael-sonnen-says-anderson-is-a-fraud/#more-10596

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG0v1ZVxItg&feature=related

I am a bigger fan of his now, since he is talking a lot of crap. I do not know why people get mad when fighters talk crap. It is part of the game deal with it.

I am a bigger fan of his now' date=' since he is talking a lot of crap. I do not know why people get mad when fighters talk crap. It is part of the game deal with it.[/quote']

Are you serious? Talking **** and being disrespectful is not cool on any level especially when he attacks 2 HOF's and one of the best P4P fighter's on the planet. This doesnt even have to do with anything to do with his fight he's just talking **** and like most other **** talkers he's gonna get what he deserves and realize that ***** talking will get you no where in life and especially in this sport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im looking forward to hopefully seeing him get smashed by Nate the GREAT really cant wait to see how disappointed he looks after he loses!!!!!!!!!!! The stuff he is saying isnt even cool at all.............

Are you serious? Talking **** and being disrespectful is not cool on any level especially when he attacks 2 HOF's and one of the best P4P fighter's on the planet. This doesnt even have to do with anything to do with his fight he's just talking **** and like most other **** talkers he's gonna get what he deserves and realize that ***** talking will get you no where in life and especially in this sport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im looking forward to hopefully seeing him get smashed by Nate the GREAT really cant wait to see how disappointed he looks after he loses!!!!!!!!!!! The stuff he is saying isnt even cool at all.............

Calm down man. It's part of the game. Why do you think he does it? To get the exact same emotional response that you just displayed out of his opponent.

Calm down man. It's part of the game. Why do you think he does it? To get the exact same emotional response that you just displayed out of his opponent.

Dude really? I know some people like to hype up their fight but he isnt doing that all he is doing is talking trash and I cant stand people who do that. No real fight fan should respect that, You dont have to talk ish just to get somewhere in this sport. It's ridiculous and not even funny or part of the game.

You are taking this way too serious. Majority of the fighters nowadays talk so much crap to other fighters all the time now.

You are taking this way too serious. Majority of the fighters nowadays talk so much crap to other fighters all the time now.

No I dont think sooo man. Not a majority just a few and im fine with Paul Daley & Matt Serra those are the only guys I know that really talk trash and Bisping on the show but they actually hype their fights up and not go off on other fighters and other irrelevant stuff, It's stupid and uncalled for. Anyone who does is obviously a ****y prick. No one needs to talk one bit of trash to hype up a fight and some do but this coming from Chael F****** Sonnen! Is bull***** and thats that

Dude really? I know some people like to hype up their fight but he isnt doing that all he is doing is talking trash and I cant stand people who do that. No real fight fan should respect that' date=' You dont have to talk ish just to get somewhere in this sport. It's ridiculous and not even funny or part of the game.[/quote']

Its not that I respect what he is doing. I just understand it. I get where your coming from but at the end of the day does a little talk matter? The words have more meaning if he backs it up on Saturday. He's a talented guy and seems to be upset at how Anderson has conducted himself as champion. That's his position and as a top contender he can voice it. Not everybody is about honor and respect (the teachings of most martial arts). Ali used to run his mouth nonstop. A lot worse than this...the difference was he could back it up. We have yet to see if chael can do it. I don't expect all these fighters to like each other and respect is on a case by case basis.

If he gets his title shot he most likely will be force fed his words behind anderson's fists. In the mean time sit back and enjoy it as he makes a fool of himself and possibly puts some more cash in his pocket.

Its not that I respect what he is doing. I just understand it. I get where your coming from but at the end of the day does a little talk matter? The words have more meaning if he backs it up on Saturday. He's a talented guy and seems to be upset at how Anderson has conducted himself as champion. That's his position and as a top contender he can voice it. Not everybody is about honor and respect (the teachings of most martial arts). Ali used to run his mouth nonstop. A lot worse than this...the difference was he could back it up. We have yet to see if chael can do it. I don't expect all these fighters to like each other and respect is on a case by case basis.

If he gets his title shot he most likely will be force fed his words behind anderson's fists. In the mean time sit back and enjoy it as he makes a fool of himself and possibly puts some more cash in his pocket.

Yeah but its not a little trash he is talking ish about Couture and Coleman two guys that paved they way for most UFC fighters today and also being disrespectful towards silva. The words wont have any meaning because he isnt even talking about the fight he is talking about other fighters. Not everybody has respect thats true but THEY SHOULD. I cant stand people who dont!!!!!!!!!!!! Chael is NO ALI chael is not that great at all and since he isnt even that good the stuff he is saying just ridiculous at this time. He should have more respect like real fighters. And he wont get a title shot so its stupid to even talk about Silva.

man he isnt taking **** about nate the guy hes fighting he talking **** about Chuck Liddel,Randy Couture, Mark Coleman, Anderson Silva, and every fighter who has a training camp and no other job ( almost every real fighter out there ),

its one thing to get in your appoinents head but hes just sayin random **** about legends and pretty much diss'es mma in general

Lol very interesting. I have never heard a fighter in his position and with his abilites talk so much crap about the other fighters. Maybe he is just trying to become more well know but I dont think that is the smartest way to do it. I also dont understand why he talks crap about Coutore, Coleman and Liddel beacuse they arent even in the same weightclass.

What do earrings and a pink shirt mean other than that you are confident you can handle yourself if someone like Chael Sonnen starts something?

This guy is SUCH an idiot. I want to fight him now. He's an ignorant hick republican that makes up words in an attempt to sound well read when in fact he only succeds in showing his ineptitude.

**** this guy.

Cheers

-DR

Anybody else notice this general air of disrespect around all Team Quest fighters? Especially since Randy left. They all act like the same high school bully jocks that I am sure they all were, all off of the accomplishments of Hendo and Matt Lindland. Gray Maynard, Chris Leben before he left, and now Sonnen among others, all seem to have this egocentric sense of self importance.

And sure fighters talk trash to hype fights, but this is different. He isn't scheduled to fight Silva yet he is finding it necessary to basically call out his manhood in the public and call his respect for the sport and fans in general into question. Odd to say the least.

Definitely looks like a publicity grabbing effort to hype his own name looking for a future fight oppurtunity. Seems classless but actually kinda smart given the modern fans are more interested in hype and press coverage than skills and talent.

I will be amazed if he gets by Marquardt, and if he loses he has skrewed his own career. He can't even go to SF since his mentor will soon be the MW champ there and his career there would go the same route as in the UFC- NOWHERE!

I think the OP has a point. Now, I don't mind trash talk too much, most of it is just hype or a fighter living up to an image that has been advertised (Lesnar) but most trash talk is confined to the guy they are due to fight. When a guy starts criticising people who he is NEVER going to fight it does annoy me a bit. But not too bothered this time, it's Sonnen and Nate will make it difficult for him to say anything for a month after the fight.

Archived