Atheism vs. Religon

KickBox92

Simple topic,

Atheists/agnostics, i want you to explain why you dont believe in religon, and why you left it

Theists(And im talking about the 3 main ones, i.e christianity, islam, judaism), i want you to explain why you believe your religon is right,, and why you think faith in general is important.

I want an intelligent discussion, and no name calling or anything like that, and most importantly, have respect for the other viewpoint whether you agree or disagree

Hmm .. I dunno. Have you really missed the discussions?

I think these talks have to be subtle as they get out of hand, I just expect some mod intervention shortly.

For what it's worth, I find much more in common with a personal relationship than any reformed religion. I also have learnt the value of honest use of intellect. The joy of proof and sometimes the nearest conclusion we can get.

Over a closed mind, fear of free thought or observation and what IMO is often mislaid trust.

That is something of my thoughts and experience.

p.s. this is hardly a simple topic.

Holy jesus and buddha' date=' another one.....

how do you guys not get tired of talking about this same ****ing topic over and over and over and over and over and over[/quote']

If this topic has been posted before, then my bad, but its interesting to knoe peoples views on these things without any bickering and insulting

Holy jesus and buddha' date=' another one.....

how do you guys not get tired of talking about this same ****ing topic over and over and over and over and over and over[/quote']

No one of the guys who debated this one to death had anything to do with this thread, it seems.

To the OP: There must me at least 15 threads on this subject already, and we already decided to stop discussing it. Maybe if you use the search button, you'll find something that interests you.

Archived