Exclusive: Kenny Florian Talks Takanori Gomi, Diego Sanchez, and More

freedom

http://fightmarks.com/story.php?title=exclusive-kenny-florian-talks-takanori-gomi-diego-sanchez-and-more

Fans have followed your twitter posts and saw you yesterday on ESPN?s ?MMA Live? talking about fighting Takanori Gomi. Has anything developed further since then? Is the fight officially signed by all parties?

No nothing has been signed as of right now. We?re in talks and its being talked about as a main event of the March Fight Night card in North Carolina. I?m excited with that possibility but nothing has been signed yet. Of course it?s something that I?m willing to sign and I?m sure Gomi will as well when the contract has been delivered.

Were you surprised when it was announced that Gomi was signed by the UFC? He?s struggled since 2006 when he lost to Marcus Aurelio.

I was a little surprised when he was signed but not so much because for me it kind of came out of nowhere, but when you really look at it, Gomi has been one of the best lightweight fighters for a long time. He?s a very dangerous fighter and he?s still on a two-fight win streak. He?s still one of the best fighters in the world and I think it was a great signing by the UFC to bring in great Japanese talent and to bring in a legend in mixed martial arts. Japan will be behind him and I know he?s got a lot of fans in the U.S. as well.

I agree with Kenny when he says Deigo didn;t look as good at 155 as he did at 170.

Deigo's fight against Joe Daddy should have been the warning that he simply doen;t have the technical skills to compete at 155.

He's better off at 170 banging with the plow horses.

diego should fight a guy like fitch or swick for his return to WW

I agree with Kenny when he says Deigo didn;t look as good at 155 as he did at 170.

Deigo's fight against Joe Daddy should have been the warning that he simply doen;t have the technical skills to compete at 155.

He's better off at 170 banging with the plow horses.

I dunno about that. I thought he looked better to be honest. He couldn't quite finish the guys but he was superior to them. The talent at 170 is much better than that of 155. 170 has probably the most quality fighters and Diego will probably fare worse going back than staying at 155.

I dunno about that. I thought he looked better to be honest. He couldn't quite finish the guys but he was superior to them. The talent at 170 is much better than that of 155. 170 has probably the most quality fighters and Diego will probably fare worse going back than staying at 155.

i think he will do much better at 170. he will be much more healthier

Archived