Why is Bisping so cocky and rude?

crzpyschgy

No, seriously, why?? I was listening to the radio show that another member put up and he is just incredibly rude and disrespectful to everyone on that show and Wanderlei.

One of the guests pointed out that Wanderlei has fought top competition consistently and Bisping hasn't with the exception of Henderson and Evans. Both of his losses. His response? "Who are you?"

Well Bisping, he's a smart guy and an honest man. You haven't fought anybody in the top 10 with the exception of BOTH of your losses. True, you beat a lot of people. But to be honest, you haven't fought the best, and when you do you get creamed.

I am a fan of Wanderlei, but I respect other fighters as well and Bisping is just not at the same level as Wanderlei was or is.

Bisping really needs to learn some respect, so I hope that Wanderlei knocks him out and after that Bisping starts respecting people.

Just needed to get that off my chest. Feel free to comment and please don't start trolling or insulting. No need for that kind of stuff here.

I think Bisping is one of those guys who often speaks before he thinks. As is evident in both of his stints on TUF.

When he was a fighter on the show..he had his issues with Hamill. He later said he was to quick to judge the guy and had acted like an idiot.

When he was coaching there were a couple incidents where he spoke or acted before he knew the entirety of the situation. He later admitted to being a bit hasty.

I think Bisping is an emotional guy with perhaps a touch too much pride. I don't think he's a bad person, just a bit rough.

I haven't heard the radio call you refer to, but I assume that Bisping was probably personally offended when the moderator or host said Bisping hadn't fought many elite people, and seemed to have trouble hanging with them. While I agree with the "host" I will say I can understand taking a comment like that personally, because for us as the spectator it's a series of fights. For Bisping...it was years of hard work and hours upon hours at the gym to prepare himself mentally and physically for that fight.

So I can undertand the "Who are YOU?" comment. Was it the right thing to do? No. Was it perhaps childish and ill considered, I'd say yes. But I can undertand WHY he said what he said.

Regarding any comments he made toward Wanderlei...it's hard to know whats completely legit and what's part of PPV sales. Grudges sell more. And as GSP kinda let out of the bag after the Serra rematch....sometimes they intentionally rough each other up a bit in public, while mutually understanding that nothing is really to be taken to seriously.

Now for how this fight with W. Silva turns out? I'd say that Bisping better be working REALLY hard preparing for this fight, because you know Wanderlei has...he's had months to prepare and properly remodel his physique down to 185. So it should be interesting.

One point in Bispings defense though, when everyone was giving Henderson a hard time over that second shot. Bisping went on camera and said that if it was him, after all the talk back and forth he'd have done the same thing, so he doesn't think Dan was out of line in the slightest.

So at the least, if Bisping wants to be a **** sometimes...he is willing to take whats coming.

Cheers sir

-DR

I think Bisping is one of those guys who often speaks before he thinks. As is evident in both of his stints on TUF.

When he was a fighter on the show..he had his issues with Hamill. He later said he was to quick to judge the guy and had acted like an idiot.

When he was coaching there were a couple incidents where he spoke or acted before he knew the entirety of the situation. He later admitted to being a bit hasty.

I think Bisping is an emotional guy with perhaps a touch too much pride. I don't think he's a bad person' date=' just a bit rough.

I haven't heard the radio call you refer to, but I assume that Bisping was probably personally offended when the moderator or host said Bisping hadn't fought many elite people, and seemed to have trouble hanging with them. While I agree with the "host" I will say I can understand taking a comment like that personally, because for us as the spectator it's a series of fights. For Bisping...it was years of hard work and hours upon hours at the gym to prepare himself mentally and physically for that fight.

So I can undertand the "Who are YOU?" comment. Was it the right thing to do? No. Was it perhaps childish and ill considered, I'd say yes. But I can undertand WHY he said what he said.

Regarding any comments he made toward Wanderlei...it's hard to know whats completely legit and what's part of PPV sales. Grudges sell more. And as GSP kinda let out of the bag after the Serra rematch....sometimes they intentionally rough each other up a bit in public, while mutually understanding that nothing is really to be taken to seriously.

Now for how this fight with W. Silva turns out? I'd say that Bisping better be working REALLY hard preparing for this fight, because you know Wanderlei has...he's had months to prepare and properly remodel his physique down to 185. So it should be interesting.

One point in Bispings defense though, when everyone was giving Henderson a hard time over that second shot. Bisping went on camera and said that if it was him, after all the talk back and forth he'd have done the same thing, so he doesn't think Dan was out of line in the slightest.

So at the least, if Bisping wants to be a **** sometimes...he is willing to take whats coming.

Cheers sir

-DR[/quote']

See the issue I have with him is he acts as though he is the best and talks as if he is. I do understand that, but saying Wanderlei isn't a threat is just ridiculous. I don't think there is anyone who takes a fight more seriously than Rich Franklin and he refused to take Wanderlei lightly.

True, sometimes a rivalry sells fights, but take a look at Anderson Silva, Machida, Couture, they all manage to have nothing but respect for their opponents and people LINE UP to see them fight. I guess the bigger you talk the less ability you have in the octagon.

I appreciate that he is learning his lesson in fighting, but in order to become a respectful person he needs to do more.

Most Americans do not get the British sense of humour. IF you did you would realise a lot of what he does and says are for laughs.

No I actually enjoy British humor a lot and I do laugh at some of the things he says that aren't targeting anyone. But the insults he throws at people are out of line and need to stop. I can't give respect to a fighter that can only consistently talk trash about everybody else. Sometimes he has some nice things to say, but they are buried so deep in his insults that it loses all credibility.

See the issue I have with him is he acts as though he is the best and talks as if he is. I do understand that' date=' but saying Wanderlei isn't a threat is just ridiculous. I don't think there is anyone who takes a fight more seriously than Rich Franklin and he refused to take Wanderlei lightly.

True, sometimes a rivalry sells fights, but take a look at Anderson Silva, Machida, Couture, they all manage to have nothing but respect for their opponents and people LINE UP to see them fight. I guess the bigger you talk the less ability you have in the octagon.

I appreciate that he is learning his lesson in fighting, but in order to become a respectful person he needs to do more.[/quote']

Yeah, I haven't heard the interview myself, but if Bisping said that Wanderlei isn't a threat, not only is that ridiculous it's almost criminally stupid. THAT is how you get hurt. And if Bisping truly believes that and didn't prepare he's going to pay for it.

I completely agree on the Silva, Machida, Couture front. I personally don't need to have a grudge to enjoy a matchup. It's just the reality. I far prefer the A. Silva approach of go in destroy...but respect your opponent.

I think you may be right in most instances regarding the more talk..the less skill. Look at Sonnen and Belcher recently trying to call out Silva. Notice how Nate isn't doing that? Because he's been in there with Silva and knows what the guy can do. The others are just trying to raise their profile. Silva should knock them both out to teach them a lesson, but I personally wouldn't want to waste any remaining fights from the man I consider to be the best fighter walking.

Cheers

-DR

Yeah' date=' I haven't heard the interview myself, but if Bisping said that Wanderlei isn't a threat, not only is that ridiculous it's almost criminally stupid. THAT is how you get hurt. And if Bisping truly believes that and didn't prepare he's going to pay for it.

I completely agree on the Silva, Machida, Couture front. I personally don't need to have a grudge to enjoy a matchup. It's just the reality. I far prefer the A. Silva approach of go in destroy...but respect your opponent.

I think you may be right in most instances regarding the more talk..the less skill. Look at Sonnen and Belcher recently trying to call out Silva. Notice how Nate isn't doing that? Because he's been in there with Silva and knows what the guy can do. The others are just trying to raise their profile. Silva should knock them both out to teach them a lesson, but I personally wouldn't want to waste any remaining fights from the man I consider to be the best fighter walking.

Cheers

-DR[/quote']

Well Sonnen has also been led to believe that Paulo Filho is on the same level as Anderson Silva. Many people at the time were mouthing off and saying the FIlho and Anderson are on the same level because they trained together and Filho wouldn't come to the UFC because he wanted to let Anderson run it.

Belcher is just running his mouth because he wants a better fight. He beat an over rated Wilson Gouveia and thinks he is top of the chain again. Well he lost to Akiyama who is a small 185 (personally I'd like to see him at 170), despite the fact that Akiyama is a great fighter and Belcher held his own, I don't think between these two fights he could take Anderson.

I'm sure Bisping is training well, but he seems to think that because he is training with someone who has brutal knockout power and is devastatingly strong in Rampage, he now thinks he can do what Rampage does. Bisping needs to play to his strengths. His strengths are running away and countering, and if he gets the chance mount and TKO. To be honest with you I don't think he has KO power although anybody can knock out anyone given enough time and the right hit.

Most Americans do not get the British sense of humour. IF you did you would realise a lot of what he does and says are for laughs.

its true americans seem not to get the british sense of humour or be a bit over sensitive at times

words are words , actions say everything

On a side note, I do like Sonnen and think he is a great wrestler and a strong guy. But like Bisping, he lacks finishing power. I do not think he will be able to beat Nate but if he does I wouldn't be too surprised. I'm actually picking that fight to go to a decision. I'm thinking Split Decision for Nate.

Trash talking is becomming more apparent in UFC than it was, as it's all about hyping the fight, the more you want to see a guy you dont like get beat the more you tune in, bisping is ****ey and i didnt relish his antics on TUF, but still how many people wanted to see that fight at the end, i dont think you should look at this as mikes own opinions, he's just hyping the fight with the wanderlai fans and it looks like it's worked as your all on here talking about it and no doubt will tune in to watch an **** kicking,

name a fighter who doesnt believe they can win a fight and i will show you a person who will loose.. ....... dont hate the players hate the game....

I think mike bitten off more than he can chew.......as long as wanderlai turns up on form.

hope wanderlai wins and gets a step closer to a fight with anderson (how good would that be).

Wanderlei had been trash talking Bisping first, Bisping had actually been very respectful of him up until that point. I think a lot of the time Bisping is joking around and people misinterpret that as ****iness, I know that was the case during TUF. Every fighter trash talks leading up to a fight, Bisping is by no means an anomaly.

Wanderlei had been trash talking Bisping first' date=' Bisping had actually been very respectful of him up until that point. I think a lot of the time Bisping is joking around and people misinterpret that as ****iness, I know that was the case during TUF. Every fighter trash talks leading up to a fight, Bisping is by no means an anomaly.[/quote']

I think people jump on him alot because of the tuf series.

I don't think he talks more smack than anyone else really.

Just think its highlighted more to sell tickets.

I think it's funny how much people on here talk about hating him.

Then you'll all tune in to watch him hopefully lose, (which he doesn't do often)

The pay per view always sells well, Michael stays in the ufc!

I'm happy that you all keep talking about him, means I can keep watching him fighting in the ufc. :P

Please, he talks **** after a while, but he says alot of things that are very repectful aswell. I don't really get why people get so riled up about this. When he says things like 'Yes I think I am going to win" sure it's arrogant but you can't go in expecting to lose - that's how you get knocked out. He accepts that he got knocked out, and has learnt from it. **** all fighters talk ****, but i think people highlight Michael talking **** and never acknowledge anything else he says. Numerous times in that interview he says that he thinks Wanderlei is a great fighter and has had a great career and respects him somewhat.

It annoys me how, people buy into reputation so much that they disregard anything that goes against what they are known for.

I?m British, and I have to say I often find myself wondering why he says what he says. I do however, think that a lot of it is him trying to act like the ?big man? when being interviewed. Some of it is misdirected humour, and some just plain stupid talk which a lot of fighters seem to produce these days.

Personally I don?t like any fighter talking ?trash? about another fighter, it?s not needed and It brings the whole sport down a peg or two. It?s something we see in most sport though, so I guess it?s never going to stop.

The only British fighters to make it somewhere in the ufc are the ones who've been a bit mouthy, Bisping, Hardy, and now Daley. The quiet ones who just do their job don't seem to get anywhere, like Etim, whose still on the f**kin undercard. I don't like Bisping but he's obviously realized that you have to make a bit of noise to get anywhere if the ufc, if you a Brit.

Dude, WTF is wrong with you???

You always go against the reason in every post!!

Are your a TROLL???

Bisping is not funny, and I don't laugh with his comments. I want him to be KO in a Axe Murderer style with knees kicks and violent punches so after the fight he can shut his mouth and go back fighting second level fighters while Wand goes for a tittle shot.

Enough said.

No' date=' seriously, why?? I was listening to the radio show that another member put up and he is just incredibly rude and disrespectful to everyone on that show and Wanderlei.

One of the guests pointed out that Wanderlei has fought top competition consistently and Bisping hasn't with the exception of Henderson and Evans. Both of his losses. His response? "Who are you?"

Well Bisping, he's a smart guy and an honest man. You haven't fought anybody in the top 10 with the exception of BOTH of your losses. True, you beat a lot of people. But to be honest, you haven't fought the best, and when you do you get creamed.

I am a fan of Wanderlei, but I respect other fighters as well and Bisping is just not at the same level as Wanderlei was or is.

Bisping really needs to learn some respect, so I hope that Wanderlei knocks him out and after that Bisping starts respecting people.

Just needed to get that off my chest. Feel free to comment and please don't start trolling or insulting. No need for that kind of stuff here.[/quote']

Where is the link to this interview.

Yeah' date=' I haven't heard the interview myself, but if Bisping said that Wanderlei isn't a threat, not only is that ridiculous it's almost criminally stupid. THAT is how you get hurt. And if Bisping truly believes that and didn't prepare he's going to pay for it.

Cheers

-DR[/quote']

because it sells fights if everyone in the business was nice and humble it would be boring even GSP said that dan hardys pre fight talking is good for the fight business sure bisping talks a lot b4 fights he only has come up short twice, and if I was bisping and a radio interviewer said that to me I'd say the same thing, what would you reply to it 'erm i'm a mid range average fighter at best thats all' what would you say if you was bisping?

No' date=' seriously, why?? I was listening to the radio show that another member put up and he is just incredibly rude and disrespectful to everyone on that show and Wanderlei.

[b']One of the guests pointed out that Wanderlei has fought top competition consistently and Bisping hasn't with the exception of Henderson and Evans. Both of his losses. His response? "Who are you?"[/b]

Just needed to get that off my chest. Feel free to comment and please don't start trolling or insulting. No need for that kind of stuff here.

If you listen a couple of minutes before this you will understand why Bisping replies the way he does, and if you listen a couple of minutes past this you will hear Bisping explain his reaction. I thought Bisping was quite respectful throughout the interview, if you listen carefully with unbiased ears you will realise that it is Wandy who starts the **** talking, all Bisping does is reply to his comments, what do you want him to do? sit there and take it like a *****? and notice how Wandy flipped out as soon as the radio was of air? maybe hes not the nice guy he claims to be, skip to the last minute of the radio show(2h58m) if you havent heard it, its quite bizarre.

Wanderlei had been trash talking Bisping first' date=' Bisping had actually been very respectful of him up until that point. I think a lot of the time Bisping is joking around and people misinterpret that as ****iness, I know that was the case during TUF. Every fighter trash talks leading up to a fight, Bisping is by no means an anomaly.[/quote']

There is an article where Bisping announces he is fighting Wanderlei and that there is no way Wanderlei can win and that he will knock out Wanderlei. He also says Wanderlei is past his prime.

If you listen a couple of minutes before this you will understand why Bisping replies the way he does' date=' and if you listen a couple of minutes past this you will hear Bisping explain his reaction. I thought Bisping was quite respectful throughout the interview, if you listen carefully with unbiased ears you will realise that it is Wandy who starts the **** talking, all Bisping does is reply to his comments, what do you want him to do? sit there and take it like a *****? and notice how Wandy flipped out as soon as the radio was of air? maybe hes not the nice guy he claims to be, skip to the last minute of the radio show(2h58m) if you havent heard it, its quite bizarre.[/quote']

To me Wanderlei started by saying he thinks he can win, he can see himself winning this way because Bisping always does this. That's what it sounded like to me.

I did listen with unbiased ears at first, but as Bisping started talking more and more trash I started losing respect. Wanderlei just went on to say this is how he thinks he can win.

And Wanderlei is a nice guy, he did start a Haiti benefit and donated a lot to it.

I don't think it's because Americans don't get British humor. I think Dan Hardy is hilarious. But the difference is he knows what to say and you can see he is enjoying it. He has actually been very respectful towards GSP, as he should be. The greats deserve respect and Wanderlei is a great. Hardy has said he is just focusing on training hard because he doesn't want to get his *** kicked. He has said things about killer instinct and GSP being an athlete but I don't think these things are offensive.

Bisping is just rude and ignorant. His trash talking is not even that good it's just annoying and I don't even know if he believes the **** coming out of his mouth. He needs to work his hands and not his mouth.

It still mystifies me that people get so worked up over ANY fighter talking themselves up in order to promote a fight. As with any other fighter, the smack gets bantied around beforehand, but after the fight Bisping is respectful and win or lose has nothing but good thiings to say, yet for whatever reason,(I lean toward the "they just don't get it" theory), certain guys get ripped apart for it more than others.

Nobody was upset with Wanderlei before his 3rd fight with Rampage when he proclaimed he was better, Page is no threat, he was gonna KO Rampage, and went as far as to work in some insults and calling his manhood into question, But he is Wandi so he gets a pass.

And since someone brought up Hendo, at least Bisping was doing his talking before the fight. You never hear Hendo talk crap until after a fight. He won't say a thing leading up to it so he isn't made to look foolish, if he loses he says nothing, but if he wins, then the smack, insults, and other completely unnecessary statements come. That's pretty cowardly if you ask me.

And one more thing. Imagine yourself being a professional fighter, dedicating your life to training and fighting to the point of sacrificing time with your family, you have fought everyone put in front of you, always putting forth your best effort, and while doing an interview, some armchair wrestler who has never even laced up a pair of training boots much less been in a real fight, phones in as he sits there beer in hand while sweating over a picture of Brock Lesnar, and calls your credibility into question.

The "who are you" question is one I ask all the time when intraweb nerds sit around and spout off about how much this guy or that one "sucks" or doesn't "deserve" the oppurtunity they have been given, or doesn't deserve to be in the octagon with their favorite fighter, all the while knowing that same fighter they go on and on about "sucking", would most likely put them in a coma and remove limbs as kindling.

It still mystifies me that people get so worked up over ANY fighter talking themselves up in order to promote a fight. As with any other fighter' date=' the smack gets bantied around beforehand, but after the fight Bisping is respectful and win or lose has nothing but good thiings to say, yet for whatever reason,(I lean toward the "they just don't get it" theory), certain guys get ripped apart for it more than others.

Nobody was upset with Wanderlei before his 3rd fight with Rampage when he proclaimed he was better, Page is no threat, he was gonna KO Rampage, and went as far as to work in some insults and calling his manhood into question, But he is Wandi so he gets a pass.

And since someone brought up Hendo, at least Bisping was doing his talking before the fight. You never hear Hendo talk crap until after a fight. He won't say a thing leading up to it so he isn't made to look foolish, if he loses he says nothing, but if he wins, then the smack, insults, and other completely unnecessary statements come. That's pretty cowardly if you ask me.

And one more thing. Imagine yourself being a professional fighter, dedicating your life to training and fighting to the point of sacrificing time with your family, you have fought everyone put in front of you, always putting forth your best effort, and while doing an interview, some armchair wrestler who has never even laced up a pair of training boots much less been in a real fight, phones in as he sits there beer in hand while sweating over a picture of Brock Lesnar, and calls your credibility into question.

The "who are you" question is one I ask all the time when intraweb nerds sit around and spout off about how much this guy or that one "sucks" or doesn't "deserve" the oppurtunity they have been given, or doesn't deserve to be in the octagon with their favorite fighter, all the while knowing that same fighter they go on and on about "sucking", would most likely put them in a coma and remove limbs as kindling.[/quote']

+1

Excellent post. Very well written.

I have no idea' date=' I thought this would have humbled him, I guess I was wrong

[img']http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/1019/mma_e_hendo-bisping01_576.jpg[/img]

x10

The only fight i've ever seen in the UFC where i thought they might charge one of the fighters with murder, then he woke up and i was like at least attempted murder. Hendo did talk before the fight as well, he said i'll do the talking in the ring with my fists.

It still mystifies me that people get so worked up over ANY fighter talking themselves up in order to promote a fight. As with any other fighter' date=' the smack gets bantied around beforehand, but after the fight Bisping is respectful and win or lose has nothing but good thiings to say, yet for whatever reason,(I lean toward the "they just don't get it" theory), certain guys get ripped apart for it more than others.

The "who are you" question is one I ask all the time when intraweb nerds sit around and spout off about how much this guy or that one "sucks" or doesn't "deserve" the oppurtunity they have been given, or doesn't deserve to be in the octagon with their favorite fighter, all the while knowing that same fighter they go on and on about "sucking", would most likely put them in a coma and remove limbs as kindling.[/quote']

Good Post. But I think Wandy was justified in saying he was better as he had destroyed him in two previous bouts. Why wouldn't he think he was better. THis is also the first time I have heard anybody call someone cowardly for not talking crap before the fight. By talking crap after the fight it may be hyping a possible rematch so you have contradicted yourself. Also he has proof to back up his trash talking sounds like a smart guy to me.

I agree with the "who are you" justification though. People need to realize how much hard work these guys put in. But just because they put in a lot of work doesn't mean we have to like them. I enjoy the trash talking but for some reason just don't like Bisping. It's not because he is british because I love Hardy and enjoy his trash talking but there's just something about Bisping that drives me nuts and I enjoy rooting against him. I still am happy he is in the UFC because it makes it easy to decide who to root for.

Good Post. But I think Wandy was justified in saying he was better as he had destroyed him in two previous bouts. Why wouldn't he think he was better. ....

The Ko in the second fight looked dramatic with Ramage hitting the ropes, but Wandi hardly "destroyed" Rampage in that fight. IMO Quinton was winning that fight, defending everything Wandi threw and had at least 2 or 3 takedowns with good ground control and GnP. He slipped up and allowed the Muay Thai clinch and the rest is spectacular history, but to me at least, it in no way "proved" superiority more than showed what Page needed to work on. Just my opinion of course.

And to me Hendo is kinda lame. He says he won't talk smack before a fight but lets his hands do the talking. That would be all good if he didn't find it necessary to insult and degrade his opponents after he has beaten them! He doesn't wing insults at the guys who just beat him! Why do it to someone he has already beaten? If you have something to say, say it beforehand, then back it up. Instead he chooses to not say anything negative, unless he has already won!

He's ****y and rude because he's english' date=' and the english are a bunch to idiots.

The Scots, the Irish, the welsh, are all happy and polite and fun to be around.

The english are effed in the head.

Just saying.[/quote']

Clearly had a bad experience with an Englishman then. Given your attitude it's fully understandable.

"The Scots, the Irish, the Welsh are all happy and polite and blah blah blah", must have been a hell of a road trip if you met every single one of them.

Botom line, it is a popular misconception that Americans are loudmouthed, small minded and obnoxious xenophobes with no concept of a country outside their own. This is a ridiculous claim as the Americans I've met, including my next door neighbour are intelligent and articulate people. You however, are single handedly enforcing a sterotype. Congratulations.

personally, I like bisping, I felt he had the tools

to become a great fighter someday...

I met bisping in person in los angeles,ca at a

MMA Expo, he was very polite and friendly.

maybe he's just taking the hype-talk to another level?

although I personally dont like wandy, I think

he's gonna give bisping a schooling.

Archived